NTT DATA Americas Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

2.8

Principal Consultant/Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NTT DATA Americas (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very cordial, I was senior experienced FSI professional , so dealing were very much professional and had good start salary / benefits etc. some general background questions, off-shore / on-shore teams etc

Interview Questions

• Background experience - relevant to their client practice / industry -FSI verticals   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I was downsized from AVP level position after a long tenure (*over 26 yr) at my former employer -- so, they needed me as FSI verticals was getting into troubles.. and the Pay was consistent with my former employer ..

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NTT DATA Americas in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an on-site technical interview. Offer within one hour of technical interview. I was offered 132K with benefits but politely declined because of the many red flags I observed: - I was asked to make a decision IMMEDIATELY - I was called "flakey" because I wanted 4 days to think over the offer - The technical interview, which I'll get to below - No 401K matching the first year, only 0.25% match up to 6% the following years My technical interview consisted of questions which did not make a whole lot of coherent sense. I was stuck between trying to answer them honestly, versus trying to determine what my interviewer wanted to hear. A couple of amusing examples: - I was given a 5 minute lecture on the importance of static outer classes in Java. For example, public static void main. (?? lol) - My interviewer corrected me when I mentioned "public static void main" is a method and not a class - Interviewer insisted SQL queries belong in the View layer of MVC - Interviewer insisted it's a good thing to embed SQL statements in Javascript for a Java MVC application - I was asked "How do you embed Java in Javascript?" (What? Why would you WANT to do that??)

Interview Questions

• In javascript, what's the difference between the operators == and ===   Answer Question

Sitecore Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NTT DATA Americas in December 2014.

Interview

Day one I had phone interview with recruiter regarding an offsite/remote position. Then scheduled for a GoToMeeting the next day with "members of the Digital Experience - CMS Practice". This turned out to be a "Senior Technical Manager" and a "Senior Director". This meeting was described as "a call to last 45-60 minutes in duration & be very technical in nature" The director asked one question regarding why I wanted this position. The manager ask one vague question as well. During the interview there was a lot of background noise, like a instant messaging notifications. To me it seems like there was a disconnect between the recruiter and hiring manager. Interview lasted 25 minutes. Received an email from the recruiter after the technical interview indicating the call didn't go as well as anticipated and that they were going to "track down specifics". That's the last communication I received. I replied several times after but no response. Overall it was a very unprofessional technical interview and inconsiderate ending. I did asked them if they could talk to the less than positive glassdoor.com reviews. The explanation I received was that the reviews weren't in reference to their branch or NTT Data Americas. If you do a thorough reading, you'll notice they are. Seems to me glassdoor.com company review got it right.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical challenge your proud of.   1 Answer

Senior Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NTT DATA Americas (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth . I had initial phone interview with the recruiter who was very friendly and proactive followed by two separate phone interviews with senior consultants in the team . Then had a quick phone interview with the delivery manager followed by a face to face interview / lunch with the same delivery manager and director of the business analysis practice . Overall it was a quick - smooth experience . From the first call to the final offer it took about 2 weeks .

Interview Questions

• 1) various business analyst scenarios   1 Answer
    • 2) people management questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes initially I gave a salary range to the recruiter . The offer was exactly in the middle of my range . I reviewed the role & responsibility and decided to ask for a higher salary with concrete data and explanation . They increased the offer based on the new range - again they took the middle ground . I was happy with final offer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NTT DATA Americas (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was unstructured and somewhat uncoordinated. I got the impression that the interviews were rapidly Set up to meet an urgent client need. No interview lasted more than an hour and there was not even an offer of a face to face interview. My impression was that all of the questions were "off the cuff" and not directed toward assessing my skills. Bottom line is that I felt like I would be filling a spot, not supporting a career. I could easily imagine that if the client work went away or if I had any issues at all, I would be cut loose with no hesitation.

Interview Questions

Felt that the bar was too low. Nobody really learned who I was, and I certainly did not sense an interest in me.

Principal Consultant Interview

Interview

Basic Technical Interview on the technologies I worked. One Technical interview with the client. Overall it took around 4 weeks to complete the whole hiring process. The Recruiter was helpful in explaining everything about the company and the hiring process

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NTT DATA Americas (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

Recruiter emails you then calls you and talks for a little while (about skills, goals, pay, etc). Then they check your clearance/background and finally set up a phone interview with the manager. After your interview they will either call or email you with an offer within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would be good in this position? How much _______ experience do you have?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NTT DATA Americas.

Interview

Majority of senior positions are hired through network. I think the interview process is straight forward and simple with a phone screen followed by in person interview. Typically there will be 2 levels of phone interview which will be focused on your past experience and your alignment to new job.

Interview Questions

• Majority of questions are based on the type of role you are applying for (Ex: Delivery, Pre-Sales etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was very easy as the recruiter told me about the salary range before the interview.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NTT DATA Americas (Durham, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Hiring interviews have two tiers- client interview and NTT interview. Client interview is the one that counts- if client likes you, then NTT DATA will hire as long as background check shows you are not a drug-user mass murderer. Sometimes the process drags because client can't make a decision. NTT DATA will not hire for the bench with no pending client. Bench hires are only for true "purple squirrels" with very rare hard skill set

Interview Questions

• Depends on client- ask NTT DATA manager for project background of client position so you can anticipate the client's difficult questions!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Previously hired in 2010 (then Keane, Inc) and worked at NTT DATA until Jan 2014. I was laid off due to lack of project work (poor internal NTT DATA process- I submitted for 60 projects and was ready for all!) In May 2014 NTT asked me back to come be a health insurance client PM but I declined this offer because NTT position was same- no raise, no bonus, and no benefit improvements!

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at NTT DATA Americas (Louisville, KY).

Interview

The whole process took about a week. I applied through a recruiter. Technical Interview, Interview Background check. Ask a lot of the common interview questions. Make sure to be prepared for the technical interview. Technical interview lasted about 30 minutes. Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were pretty common to all interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Never tell them how much you expect to earn first. Let them offer you first, then if it your not satisfied negotiate.