NTT DATA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014
Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.9

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NTT DATA.

Only got to the initial phone interview point. It was pleasant and quick, which I guess is not a good sign. Very ordinary questions were asked. If you have the requirements needed, you should be fine.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NTT DATA in September 2014.

Initial communication was via phone. Applied for a lower position. Recruiter called and said he had another possible opportunity. Went to the face to face interview and was called same day with offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. A lot of "what would you do" questions with varying scenarios.   Answer Question
    I accepted 1st offer. I could have gotten a little more I think.

Senior IT Manager/Consultant Interview

After several screening interviews with NTTData, I was supposed to be submitted to various clients. However, I started to notice a disturbing bait and switch pattern. They lied and told me that a job that I was supposed to be submitted to didn't exist and tried to get me to take a job several levels down from my career level that would have destroyed me career. I declined. But in the process of continuing my job search I found another consulting firm that was looking to fill the position, they confirmed the job still existed, that I have been lied to and submitted me. I was later short-listed at this company, so I was obviously qualified. When the they pulled the same stunt a second time, I mentally wrote them off as yet another dishonest, greedy consulting firm that tries to manipulate Senior Consultants in to taking Junior jobs for the Recruiter's benefit. Unfortunately, this is very common in the IT community. Then I received an email for exactly the job I was looking for from this firm, and it turned out it was a phising email where they were pretending that the job existed but then suddenly got changed to a Junior job when I questioned them. Please note that the Recruiter I spoke to got angry when I asked a few reasonable, polite questions in a friendly tone of voice. That's a strategy liars use to get you to stop asking questions. (Sorry about the email, but the job changed by the time you called...the same day.) Well, I immediately confirmed with my other honest Recruiter contacts that no such job ever existed and that NTT Data lied to me yet again. I spent almost 2 hours of my time interviewing with this company. I have blocked their emails and will not work with them again.

Interview Questions
    • None. I answered the same questions 3 different times and it all seemed very reasonable.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant/Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NTT DATA.

I was interviewed by an employee that did job I was being hired for. This went very well.

Interview Questions
    I didn't try to negotiate. I didn't have the experience at the time to realize I could.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Easy interview. Give an online exam and you should be good.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NTT DATA.

Two rounds of Interview out of which one is HR and another with good technical round where they will be identifying the knowledge on all the areas we have worked.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about the methodologies i have involved in the previous project.What all the challanges i have faced and how well i am enough capable of solving those issues.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NTT DATA in July 2013.

Had the standard interview with the recruiter. Then a face to face with the 2 PM's. They were both warm and welcoming. They spoke of the position and the duties and asked some technical questions.The whole process took about a week.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't really an option to negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at NTT DATA.

Screening phone call, detailed quiz on my software/product knowledge that wasn't relevant to the work that needed to be done once on the job at the customer site, another panel phone interview, then hired. No face 2 face...they were in a big hurry to fill the position.

Interview Questions
    • Specific question regarding what I would need to do if a specific thing happened. What table needed to be reviewed and what changes needed to be made.   View Answer
    I wanted soe relocation and that seemed to be a foreign topic to them. They will gladly ask you to move across the country on your own dime with the promise of a long contract and many opportunities within their company. Lies, lies and more lies.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NTT DATA.

A recruiter contacted me through email. I was then scheduled for a phone-interview . The interviewer asked me very very basic technical questions and questions were very very easy.
    I was then scheduled for another phone interview with a manager. This manager asked me behavioral questions.
    Recruiter called me to tell me that I have been selected.

Interview Questions
    There is a room for negotiation. I did not negotiate though.

Business Data Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at NTT DATA in February 2013.

it was easy process

Interview Questions
    • tell me a situation how do you handle difficult stake holder?   Answer Question