NTT DATA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NTT DATA (Lexington, KY) in February 2015.

Interview

I got the interview after meeting with some people at a career fair on my university's campus. There was a ~20 minute on-campus interview where they asked general interview questions (non-technical). After that interview, a few days later I was asked to complete an essay that had to do with my technical experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest challenge either in your work experience or in your scholastic career.   Answer Question

SE Interview

Interview

GD,Technical and HR rounds. Technical round was average. HR round was the easiest one. It involved situational analysis and how I would deal with certain problems in the office. The technical round basically involved simple questions from C and Java.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NTT DATA.

Interview

initial interview was easy. interview not tough.but it depends on the person who interviewed. interview was ok.

Negotiation

not good

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at NTT DATA.

Interview

The most unprofessional conduct seen ever by Recruiter. I applied online for a posting open for skill A. HR calls, discusses few things and then said Tech Interview will be done. Fine. After one week, suddenly, without any notice, Tech Interviewer calls and takes my interview. He selects me and says now again HR will call you. Two more weeks. Now this recruiter calls me and says position is for NTT only, no contract. Anyone will assume that this is NTT internal requirement and the position should not be dependent on a specific client. But again, in the same call, Recruiter says that there is one more interview with the Client and I should say that I know skill A + skill B. That is how my profile is MARKETED to client. Strange!!

Weeks gone. No correspondence. Then out of the blue, this recruiter approaches me again and said that requirement for that client was on hold and there is another requirement. But there is going to be one more tech interview. I patiently agreed. But same story. Recruiter says we will arrange client interview and then silence for next 2-3 weeks.

I am not aware of the company's internal policies but the Recruiter seriously need to work on their communication skills and professionalism. I assume they themselves are not sure of requirement but just continue to flood jobsites with their requirements. Another indicator is: After 4 months, 5 interviews and more than 100 mail exchanges, process still stand on the same stage as it was on first day. I realize that being patient with them was my biggest mistake.

Though I realized later and accepted with offer with a PROFESSIONAL organization, NTT is definitely not the one recommended.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NTT DATA.

Interview

Only got to the initial phone interview point. It was pleasant and quick, which I guess is not a good sign. Very ordinary questions were asked. If you have the requirements needed, you should be fine.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NTT DATA in September 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was via phone. Applied for a lower position. Recruiter called and said he had another possible opportunity. Went to the face to face interview and was called same day with offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. A lot of "what would you do" questions with varying scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted 1st offer. I could have gotten a little more I think.

Interview

After several screening interviews with NTTData, I was supposed to be submitted to various clients. However, I started to notice a disturbing bait and switch pattern. They lied and told me that a job that I was supposed to be submitted to didn't exist and tried to get me to take a job several levels down from my career level that would have destroyed me career. I declined. But in the process of continuing my job search I found another consulting firm that was looking to fill the position, they confirmed the job still existed, that I have been lied to and submitted me. I was later short-listed at this company, so I was obviously qualified. When the they pulled the same stunt a second time, I mentally wrote them off as yet another dishonest, greedy consulting firm that tries to manipulate Senior Consultants in to taking Junior jobs for the Recruiter's benefit. Unfortunately, this is very common in the IT community. Then I received an email for exactly the job I was looking for from this firm, and it turned out it was a phising email where they were pretending that the job existed but then suddenly got changed to a Junior job when I questioned them. Please note that the Recruiter I spoke to got angry when I asked a few reasonable, polite questions in a friendly tone of voice. That's a strategy liars use to get you to stop asking questions. (Sorry about the email, but the job changed by the time you called...the same day.) Well, I immediately confirmed with my other honest Recruiter contacts that no such job ever existed and that NTT Data lied to me yet again. I spent almost 2 hours of my time interviewing with this company. I have blocked their emails and will not work with them again.

Interview Questions

• None. I answered the same questions 3 different times and it all seemed very reasonable.   Answer Question

Software Dewveloper Interview

Interview

Had a first round phone interview and then a full-day final round. Day-long interview included several written tests (math, writing, analytical), a sales pitch, and a group transfer pricing exercise and presentation. Exercise was surprisingly technical rather than a general aptitude/intelligence test. Very friendly throughout, but long. HR contact was uncommunicative after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain why transfer pricing has become an increasingly important part of multinational business strateg   Answer Question

Senior Consultant/Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NTT DATA (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

I was interviewed by an employee that did job I was being hired for. This went very well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate. I didn't have the experience at the time to realize I could.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

Easy interview. Give an online exam and you should be good.