NV Energy Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at NV Energy

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

When you qualify for a certain position and management calls you and tells you not to apply, you wont get it, You talk to your team leader and he also tells you you wont get the job..... that is discrimination in the purest form.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NV Energy.

Interview

I was there for 1 interview. It was very nice, I had one HR representative and an engineer. The interview went smoothly. The questions flowed well into one another. Many of the questions started with, "Describe a situation in which.." I was very comfortable throughout most of the interview since the lady interviewing me was very relaxed. The people were friendly and seemed genuinely interested in wanting to know you based on the type of questions that were asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you've had to take the initiative   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NV Energy (Reno, NV) in February 2014.

Interview

Easy interview and testing process.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NV Energy in June 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard screening phone interview by HR followed a couple of weeks later with group interview by leads and director. Asked pre-written canned questions that were textbook. Some were rather arcane or unspecific and I got the idea when asking for more specific information such that I could answer more appropriately that the people asking the question didn't really understand the subject. Following the interview they indicated they would get back with me. I had moved on but about 4 weeks later I got a rejection letter. Followed up with a phone call to HR rep. to get more feedback and got "a lot of qualified candidates" BS.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question about PPM software but the question was indefinite and could have been interpreted as asking about portfolio compliance software and had to ask them to specify. Think it put them off.   1 Answer

Safety Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NV Energy in July 2010.

Interview

4 weeks; external recruiter, phone screen, face to face 2 weeks after phone screen. Group interview with 3 managers. Overall interviewing experience was positive; lasted about 4 hours, and then were selling the position to me due to relocation to a less than desirable area.

Interview Questions

• What to do if craftsman ask for opinion on tooling based on safety.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated additional upfront pay.