NVIDIA

Average Difficulty
43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

I applied through college or university and interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Just a phone interview. Campus recruitment . Interview questions are quite regular and basic: verilog task function , statement machine, setup time hold time. I thought I was doing fine, but didn't get a second interview.

Interview Question – Difference between mealy and Moore machine; one hot coding and gray coding   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2013.

Interview Details – Get a phone interview from school career fair. 45min duration.

Interview Question – Low power design, STA   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2014.

Interview Details – face to face oncampus recruiting

Interview Question – basic electrical questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at NVIDIA

Interview Details – Phone interview: Basics about Inverter

Interview Question – Design a circuit with only one PMOS which functions as an inverter   View Answer

Interview Details – Take me 2 months to get the interview

Interview Question – How to detect voltage source and current source in a black box   View Answer

ASIC Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NVIDIA in August 2013.

Interview Details – Four phone screens + 1 day onsite.

Very slow moving thru the selection process. Took about ~3months, and no job.

They ask for 3 references and a background check.
My references were not even contacted. So that means they did not want to hire me anyway. Why did they not send me a rejection email sooner instead of keeping me in suspense. I'd rather know sooner than later if I am not a good fit for a team.

Interview Question – STA algorithms.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2013.

Interview Details – It was a career fair in university. First of all , take a 15-minutes questionnaire and explain your answer to the recruiter. If doing well, you will receive a phone interview after three days. There will be three phone interviews and a onsite interview after that.

Interview Question – basic concept of pipeline
state machine of sequence detector
C program of a function about pattern replace
  Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – mainly resume questions, asked questions that test ur basics in deatil

Interview Question – fifi design   View Answer

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2012.

Interview Details – General question about timing, simple C programs

Interview Question – To print out elements on 1/8th of the circumference of the circle   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in April 2012.

Interview Details – I got the first interview after I applied online and I did not receive the outcome from the interview. After about one month, I applied for some other positions online and got an interview request on the second day, but not for the positions I just applied for. During the 2rd interview, I was told that the interview is the 2rd interview after my 1st interview and at the end of this interview I was told there would be the 3rd interview for, but after 2 days, I got rejection letter from HR.

Interview Questions

• is there any benefit to use cache if there is read miss for every access?   View Answers (2)
  • calculate the addressing of a 4-way set associative cache for a given size   Answer Question
  • describe the equations for setup time and hold time on a registered path with clock skew   Answer Question

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!