NVIDIA

Updated Nov 17, 2014

3.1

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interviewed through career fair. Questions are given regarding computer architecture, C/C++ coding, circuit design, FSM. Though questions are seemingly not difficult, they are very difficult to answer comprehensively, and missing points will leave a negative expression.

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Got an phone interview notification. Preparing for 2 days. All the questions are easy resume questions. They asked FIFO design, CMT design, set-up time and hold time violation. The whole process goes very smoothly and there is nothing special. But as I'm not gonna graduate this year, they declined me.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

I reached NVIDIA on a campus career fair. The recruiters were straightforward, they gave candidates a quiz consists of 4 questions. If the questions are completed correctly, they might give you a phone interview a couple of weeks after. The quiz is about the difficult you may expect from a homework or a midterm from some classes of a junior student in electrical engineering. I remember one question is asking you to draw the MOSFETs inside a AND gate. Other questions are from digital circuits. The phone interview is pretty easy, only asked about conceptual questions, no computations involved.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Just a phone interview. Campus recruitment . Interview questions are quite regular and basic: verilog task function , statement machine, setup time hold time. I thought I was doing fine, but didn't get a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between mealy and Moore machine; one hot coding and gray coding   Answer Question

Phone interview: Basics about Inverter

Interview Questions
    • Design a circuit with only one PMOS which functions as an inverter   View Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2014.

face to face oncampus recruiting

Take me 2 months to get the interview

Interview Questions
    • How to detect voltage source and current source in a black box   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2013.

Applied online at myfuture@nvidia.com & hr@nvidia.com; one round of phone screening and then 6 rounds onsite. Phone screening lasted an hr. Got call for onsite within a week. Great interviewers. All qs lead to interesting discussions. They concentrate on your approach rather than the exact right answer and would help you reach the right answer.

Interview Questions
    • STA, power analysis and optimization, asynchronous fifo, clock domain crossing,seq detector fsm, counter, other verilog problems, synthesis, minor verification qs, comp arch topics like out of order execution, tomasolu, cache,   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2013.

Get a phone interview from school career fair. 45min duration.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NVIDIA in August 2013.

Four phone screens + 1 day onsite.

Very slow moving thru the selection process. Took about ~3months, and no job.

They ask for 3 references and a background check.
    My references were not even contacted. So that means they did not want to hire me anyway. Why did they not send me a rejection email sooner instead of keeping me in suspense. I'd rather know sooner than later if I am not a good fit for a team.