NVIDIA ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NVIDIA in March 2015.

The first round is 60 min phone interview. There is no questions on my project, and almost all of the questions are technical. The questions covers software C++ algorithm, hardware FSM and computer architecture pipelines.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Swap function: difference between pass by value and pass by reference
    2. Fibonacci series. Two implementation: for loop and recursive.
    3. The usage of constant, constant functions
    4. Detect sequence pattern in FSM.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

campus career fair, submitted my resume and did a test paper, reviewed by one of staff, seems reasoning is what they value most, so always be clear about why are you doing this or choosing this method.

Interview Questions
    • write a function of swap(a,b) in C/C++ using pass by reference and pass by value.   View Answers (2)

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Questions are given regarding computer architecture, C/C++ coding, circuit design, FSM. And a lot of logic design question. Like using add to detect how many 1's in a parallel bits of data. And on-site interview mostly focused on my project and dig hard into any keyword. Ask questions about dynamic logic, power, arbiter, fifo and so on.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interviewed through career fair. Questions are given regarding computer architecture, C/C++ coding, circuit design, FSM. Though questions are seemingly not difficult, they are very difficult to answer comprehensively, and missing points will leave a negative expression.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Got an phone interview notification. Preparing for 2 days. All the questions are easy resume questions. They asked FIFO design, CMT design, set-up time and hold time violation. The whole process goes very smoothly and there is nothing special. But as I'm not gonna graduate this year, they declined me.

Interview Questions
    • What's the advantage of one-hot coding   View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

I reached NVIDIA on a campus career fair. The recruiters were straightforward, they gave candidates a quiz consists of 4 questions. If the questions are completed correctly, they might give you a phone interview a couple of weeks after. The quiz is about the difficult you may expect from a homework or a midterm from some classes of a junior student in electrical engineering. I remember one question is asking you to draw the MOSFETs inside a AND gate. Other questions are from digital circuits. The phone interview is pretty easy, only asked about conceptual questions, no computations involved.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in September 2014.

NSCU hosts career fairs for every semester. NVIDIA hires only through career fairs. I went to that career fair and was happened to got interviewed.There was a big line and companies like these have more demand. There were different panels for different positions. I am interested in ASIC design engineering and applied to same. I was asked about my interests and was handed out a piece of paper which contained questions

Interview Questions
    • Handed out a paper which has several questions on computer architecture. Basic questions such as pipeline structure and asked to draw binary sequence detector   View Answer

Phone interview: Basics about Inverter

Interview Questions
    • Design a circuit with only one PMOS which functions as an inverter   View Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2014.

face to face oncampus recruiting

Take me 2 months to get the interview