NVIDIA

Updated Nov 17, 2014

3.1

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

mainly resume questions, asked questions that test ur basics in deatil

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in March 2013.

It was a career fair in university. First of all , take a 15-minutes questionnaire and explain your answer to the recruiter. If doing well, you will receive a phone interview after three days. There will be three phone interviews and a onsite interview after that.

Interview Questions
    • basic concept of pipeline
      state machine of sequence detector
      C program of a function about pattern replace

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA in September 2012.

General question about timing, simple C programs

Interview Questions
    • To print out elements on 1/8th of the circumference of the circle   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in April 2012.

I got the first interview after I applied online and I did not receive the outcome from the interview. After about one month, I applied for some other positions online and got an interview request on the second day, but not for the positions I just applied for. During the 2rd interview, I was told that the interview is the 2rd interview after my 1st interview and at the end of this interview I was told there would be the 3rd interview for, but after 2 days, I got rejection letter from HR.

Interview Questions
    • is there any benefit to use cache if there is read miss for every access?   View Answers (2)
    • calculate the addressing of a 4-way set associative cache for a given size   Answer Question
    • describe the equations for setup time and hold time on a registered path with clock skew   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2012.

2 Phone Interviews followed by an Onsite Interview.
    Phone interviews were 45 minutes each and the onsite interview lasted 4 hrs.

Each time you get a mail from the HR asking your availability for the next two weeks and the interview is scheduled accordingly. Depending upon your performance, you get the next call within a week.
    For the onsite interview, the flights and hotel bookings are made for you and for other expenses like food and taxi, you send your expenses for reimbursement.

Interview Questions
    • Write the equation for set-up time for the circuit described. Give the hold equation for the same   Answer Question
    • Complete the C function (body) that uses recursion to determine if the string is a palindrome   View Answers (4)
    • Design a divide by 3 counter. Bonus for 50% duty cycle   View Answers (4)
    • What would be behavior of a CMOS inverter if the nMOS and pMOS are interchanged?   View Answer
    • State machine for detecting the sequence 101011   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2012.

Got a call through career fair. There were two rounds of phone interview 45 mins each. The first interview focused on questions about projects described in the resume and 1 design question.The 2nd round was purely technical. I was asked 4 design questions each with increasing level of difficulty. I was able to answer all the questions although it took me time to figure out the answers. Did not clear the 2nd round. My advice is to practice a lot of digital design problems before giving the interview .

Interview Questions
    • design a combinational circuit which counts the number of 1s in a 7-bit input .   View Answers (5)
    • question on clock gating- for an 8-bit wide register ,what are the different ways in which clock gating can be implemented to reduce overall power   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2012.

Interview consists of 3 phone interviews. First one is more of a background check. Talked about resume background. The rest are mostly discussion on basic interview questions. Very technical. Looked at different perspective of the problem and solutions. Overall, it is an interesting experience, the interviewer are nice and know a lot of the technical questions. They invoke discussion on your answers to see your understanding of the materials.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NVIDIA in January 2012.

I got a phone interview for ASIC design position .questions asked were from my resume, Pipelining concepts, CMOS , inverter sizing, Digital logic, and Timing violations(setup , hold ). They just test the basics and give you ample time to respond.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in January 2012.

A couple of Basic architecture questions like whats the ad and disad of using large cache and small cache and some digital design question like sequential detector and timing analysis. and one of the managers ask you to design a traffic light, no detailed requirment at first but as you proceed, he will offer you more design details to consider

Interview Questions
    • whats the ad and disad of using large cache and small cache   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in January 2012.

The interview starts with 2 round of phone interviews. The first round ask questions about the resume, and then a few simple questions. The second round ask mostly about technological questions. For on-site interview, 6 Interviewer in total, 5 for technological questions and 1 ask your requirements for the company. Friendly, leisure atmosphere. Normal standard of difficulty. Seems competitive in the culture. Promising.

Interview Questions
    • How do you combine states in a state machine. Do you actually save anything?   Answer Question