NVIDIA

Getting the Interview

41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call through career fair. There were two rounds of phone interview 45 mins each. The first interview focused on questions about projects described in the resume and 1 design question.The 2nd round was purely technical. I was asked 4 design questions each with increasing level of difficulty. I was able to answer all the questions although it took me time to figure out the answers. Did not clear the 2nd round. My advice is to practice a lot of digital design problems before giving the interview .

Interview Questions

• design a combinational circuit which counts the number of 1s in a 7-bit input .   View Answers (5)
  • question on clock gating- for an 8-bit wide register ,what are the different ways in which clock gating can be implemented to reduce overall power   View Answer

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview consists of 3 phone interviews. First one is more of a background check. Talked about resume background. The rest are mostly discussion on basic interview questions. Very technical. Looked at different perspective of the problem and solutions. Overall, it is an interesting experience, the interviewer are nice and know a lot of the technical questions. They invoke discussion on your answers to see your understanding of the materials.

San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2012.

Interview Details – A couple of Basic architecture questions like whats the ad and disad of using large cache and small cache and some digital design question like sequential detector and timing analysis. and one of the managers ask you to design a traffic light, no detailed requirment at first but as you proceed, he will offer you more design details to consider

Interview Question – whats the ad and disad of using large cache and small cache   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2011.

Interview Details – It is only a phone interview with one of the hiring manger I think. I don't know why I can hardly hear him even though I was at a very quite place. He asked about how to calculate setup and hold time by giving some parameters in the circuit. Also, frequency divider by 3 with 50 duty cycle.

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview starts with 2 round of phone interviews. The first round ask questions about the resume, and then a few simple questions. The second round ask mostly about technological questions. For on-site interview, 6 Interviewer in total, 5 for technological questions and 1 ask your requirements for the company. Friendly, leisure atmosphere. Normal standard of difficulty. Seems competitive in the culture. Promising.

Interview Question – How do you combine states in a state machine. Do you actually save anything?   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2012.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview for ASIC design position .questions asked were from my resume, Pipelining concepts, CMOS , inverter sizing, Digital logic, and Timing violations(setup , hold ). They just test the basics and give you ample time to respond.

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2011.

Interview Details – I had to undergo three rounds of phone interviews. First round consisted of three technical questions viz. Static Timing Analysis, writing a Verilog Code and writing a code for finding palindrome using recursion. @nd interview was based on my resume. Third interview was taken by a GPU Design Engineer so he didn't aske me any questions on timing analysis which I was expecting to be asked considering the fact that I was interviewing for ASIC designing position.

Interview Question – Design a circuit that would count 1 every time another counter counts from 0 to 255. One of the counter is working at higher frequency than the other.   View Answer

Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had an on site interview at my college campus which involved a sheet of technical design questions. In about 2 weeks I was contacted to arrange 2 phone interviews. After two 30-45 minute phone interviews I was invited to fly out to Santa Clara, CA to interview on site. The on site interview consisted of 5 one on one technical interviews which were extremely similar to the phone interviews. Overall it was a very technically oriented interview process and I would make sure you know your stuff (design-wise) when going into any of the interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I asked for too little and they offered me over 110% of my asking amount. I'm just an undergrad, so don't be afraid to ask for more than you think then they can negotiate down.

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2009.

Interview Details – 1:1 Interview at job fair. discussed project experiences. Gave an quiz with some simple design questions

Interview Question – design a full adder with 2-1 mux   View Answers (5)

Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in July 2008.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend for a particular group and I got an email from a recruiter. Although the position I was called for, didnt really match my profile.

Interview Question – Most questions were pretty much standard. What hit me was the being a PhD student, I was asked questions from Sophomore level courses. This was opposite to my previous interview with IBM, where they really RESPECTED my research and analytically walked me through the interview. The questions were 10101 sequence detector, CMOS inverter with just NMOS, importance of caches etc   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NVIDIA