NVIDIA

NVIDIA Architect Interview Questions

3.7

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Architect Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA.

after two midnight phone interviews i was flown in several days in advance to allow me to kick the jet lag.

i then spent 8 hours being asked hard, technical questions by 9 different people, i think.

a couple of the questions required epiphanies which i happened to have - so i was happy - but in general, i don't think those make very good interview questions. many fine interviewees are nervous and in no state to have epiphanies. conversely, you could have a middling interviewee who has heard the question before.

the final interviewer presented me with an offer. very impressive turnaround.

Interview Questions
  • if you could do one thing to improve a GPU, what would it be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Architect Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

many difficult micro-architecture questions

Interview Questions
    • cache scheme, cache protocol, ways to choose thread, ECC   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NVIDIA.

I applied online and around 3 weeks later i got an email to setup a phone interview. The phone interview was basically a background check with very few technical questions based on your previous experience.

Architect Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at NVIDIA in September 2013.

General screening phone interview, asking about projects

Interview Questions
    • None -- when explaining projects focus on the aspects that shows your knowledge in the area   Answer Question

Architect Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NVIDIA in March 2013.

I had an interview in my university. Then 3 phone interviews. During the one on campus I was asked to describe branch prediction and some architecture related questions. Then I had 3 phone interviews. Most questions were not too difficult, but require very specific experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to design the instruction fetching stage of a processor simulator.   Answer Question

Architect Interview

I got a phone interview. It went over for about one hour. First introduce yourself, then directly go to technical questions. Mainly about memory, cache related.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with the problem that you frequently access the memory's two pages, suppose there is no cache.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in April 2012.

Did 2 phone interviews with people from different sites. Followed onsite interview with 7 1:1 sessions: 6 Engineers and 1 HR. I asked for a quick reply as I had other offers that requested reply. They did reply the Monday after the Thursday interview and I had the written offer in 1 week. Pretty impressive!
    The phone interviews were very technical and harder than interviews I had with other companies. The onsite interviews were OK, not too hard and not too easy. I was very happy to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Debugging related questions. E.g. how would you use a debugger to find location of bug?   View Answer
    • Architecture related questions: Cache, MMU etc   View Answer
    Still considering the offer and comparing it with other offers I have. Will need to decide soon!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in April 2012.

One phone interview. Easy questions on data structures, C++. Questions on my projects.

Interview Questions
    • algorithm to find route to a ball for a robot in a maze.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in July 2009.

The first communication was a phone call from an HR representative. This was followed by a 1-hour phone interview. The questions asked during the phone interview where very basic computer architecture questions followed by a simple brain teaser. After this, an on-site visitation was arranged where I had eight 1-hour 1:1 interview with the different member of my new team. The questions varied, but mostly I repeated the quick presentation of my graduate research and answered questions related to that. Most of the people where very interested in the answers.

Interview Questions
    • Four people, (A, B, C, and D) need to get across a river, and there is only one boat. The boat can only hold two people at a time and will only go as fast as the slowest person in the boat. If it takes A one minute to cross, B two minutes, C five minutes, and D seven minutes, what is the shortest time for all 4 people to cross the river?   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in June 2008.

A series of five interviews (30-40 minutes each) conducted by senior and very smart people. Very technical interview evaluating ones ability to solve practical design problems, programming puzzles, and testing knowledge in graphics.
    in addition, there were two non-technical interviews: one with a HR person and one with a peer employee over lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Designing a multiply-add circuit with fixed precision and questions about precision given the order and original precision of input operands.   Answer Question
    There was no margin for negotiation.