NVIDIA

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was not technical in nature but the work involved is a bit unique. I wouldn't have expected many technical questions. There were many questions and they came at me pretty fast. Be prepared to listen attentively, get to the point, and articulate your thought process.

Interview Question – How do you gauge the quality of your work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relaxed. There was no pressure to make a decision immediately.

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2008.

Interview Details – HR was pretty responsive. The interview process was conducted well. There are definitely lots of smart people at Nvidia. The interview itself was thorough but not completely relevant to the position aplied for.

Engineering Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NVIDIA in May 2009.

Interview Details – The nVidia folks where friendly and professional. After I received an initial phone interview, I was invited to go on site for a series of 1:1 interviews. Those interviews lasted a full day. Most of the questions were related to my background, the rest were questions testing my problem solving and programming skills. A few days later, they said they weren't ready to hire anyone. (!!) I'd say my interview experience was positive, but my experience with the company practices are very very negative.

Interview Question – Write a program that would randomly populate the area of a square, with even distribution. Then change the program to populate a circle within that square, again with even distribution. Show several algorithms. Discuss the difficulties of keeping the distribution even with the different algorithms.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2008.

Interview Details – Average written test. Group discussion. Panel Interview. Excellent work culture and perks.Limited growth opportunities.
Limited movement across domains. Smart people running the company.
Interview: Campus interview , selected top 10 who cleared the test. Invited for group discussion on a socially relevant topic to test communication skills. Further selection was based on personal interview.

Engineering Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2012.

Interview Details – Timing questions. Sequence detector

Interview Question – Timing issues   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2010.

Interview Details – The were 2 rounds of interview plus a phone interview before that. They ask simple logic design questions and allow you to chat a little. The questions are not difficult at all. The phone interview lasted about 30 min -1 hour. The on-site interview lasted half day.

Interview Questions

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2011.

Interview Details – There is just one level of interviews. the questions are based on the written test conducted earlier. the written test is not objective, rather subjective. balanced questions on the basics. importance not on the answer, rather on the approach. not too difficult or too simple. Amongst the best pre-placement presentations i have seen- short, sweet and to the point.

A very friendly interview panel interested more about finding out what you know than what you dont.

Interview Questions

Engineering Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in May 2011.

Interview Details – there was one one phone interview. and later, they flew me to Santa Clara for one on site interview. The interviewers are very nice. most are tech question. HR person met me at the end. I waited for 20 days to get their reply.

Interview Question – find error in a piece of code   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in August 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was with the HR manager. There was also a programming quiz which turned out to be very easy. The HR just briefly reconfirmed my education and work experience and asked a few typical questions such as "Why do you want to join us?" and "What kind of person do you want to become in 5 years." etc. The second interview was with the hiring manager and this time it was quite tough. Most of the questions were very closely related to programming skills.

Interview Question – Describe singleton.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in July 2009.

Interview Details – It was fun.. all the ppl were so nice and gentle.. there was no pressure whatsoever. it was fun and made me want the job even more :) they were too easy and actually were friendly in the interview. this was not the case in the previous interviews i had attended.

Interview Question – Why nVidia?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at NVIDIA

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!

NVIDIA Videos

NVIDIA – Why Work for Us?

As a world leader in visual computing technology NVIDIA's objective remains solid: to be the most important 3D company in the world. We invest in our people and our technologies, support and fund industry research… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NVIDIA Engineering interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by NVIDIA employees and interview candidates.