NVIDIA Engineering Interview Questions

3.4

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview was not technical in nature but the work involved is a bit unique. I wouldn't have expected many technical questions. There were many questions and they came at me pretty fast. Be prepared to listen attentively, get to the point, and articulate your thought process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Relaxed. There was no pressure to make a decision immediately.

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA in May 2009.

Interview

The nVidia folks where friendly and professional. After I received an initial phone interview, I was invited to go on site for a series of 1:1 interviews. Those interviews lasted a full day. Most of the questions were related to my background, the rest were questions testing my problem solving and programming skills. A few days later, they said they weren't ready to hire anyone. (!!) I'd say my interview experience was positive, but my experience with the company practices are very very negative.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that would randomly populate the area of a square, with even distribution. Then change the program to populate a circle within that square, again with even distribution. Show several algorithms. Discuss the difficulties of keeping the distribution even with the different algorithms.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

HR was pretty responsive. The interview process was conducted well. There are definitely lots of smart people at Nvidia. The interview itself was thorough but not completely relevant to the position aplied for.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in March 2012.

Interview

Timing questions. Sequence detector

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in June 2011.

Interview

There is just one level of interviews. the questions are based on the written test conducted earlier. the written test is not objective, rather subjective. balanced questions on the basics. importance not on the answer, rather on the approach. not too difficult or too simple. Amongst the best pre-placement presentations i have seen- short, sweet and to the point.

A very friendly interview panel interested more about finding out what you know than what you dont.

Interview Questions

• tell me how you arrived at this answer? question was on digital logic   Answer Question
    • Why did you strike the answer you had originally written?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in May 2011.

Interview

there was one one phone interview. and later, they flew me to Santa Clara for one on site interview. The interviewers are very nice. most are tech question. HR person met me at the end. I waited for 20 days to get their reply.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in August 2010.

Interview

The first interview was with the HR manager. There was also a programming quiz which turned out to be very easy. The HR just briefly reconfirmed my education and work experience and asked a few typical questions such as "Why do you want to join us?" and "What kind of person do you want to become in 5 years." etc. The second interview was with the hiring manager and this time it was quite tough. Most of the questions were very closely related to programming skills.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA in March 2010.

Interview

The were 2 rounds of interview plus a phone interview before that. They ask simple logic design questions and allow you to chat a little. The questions are not difficult at all. The phone interview lasted about 30 min -1 hour. The on-site interview lasted half day.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NVIDIA in September 2009.

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews with the hiring manager and other engineering members of the group. The interviews consisted of mostly technical questions pertaining to the job. Highly technical and detailed questions down to the transistor level. Had about 5 phone interviews each 1 hour long. Then I didn't hear anything for a couple of months from either the recruiter or the people I interviewed with. Then I was contacted by the recruiter again and was brought in for two 1on1 interviews of about an hour each. These interviews were similar to the phone interviews and consisted of mostly technical question. I was told that I would hear from them in a couple of weeks, but they never contacted me again. Not even to say I wasn't a candidate anymore. That seems to be the way companies interview now - they talk to you and then if they are not interested, they don't even contact you to tell you.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA (Bangalore (India)) in July 2009.

Interview

It was fun.. all the ppl were so nice and gentle.. there was no pressure whatsoever. it was fun and made me want the job even more :) they were too easy and actually were friendly in the interview. this was not the case in the previous interviews i had attended.