NVIDIA Engineering Interview Questions & Reviews

3.4

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2011.

Interview was not technical in nature but the work involved is a bit unique. I wouldn't have expected many technical questions. There were many questions and they came at me pretty fast. Be prepared to listen attentively, get to the point, and articulate your thought process.

Interview Questions
Relaxed. There was no pressure to make a decision immediately.

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2008.

HR was pretty responsive. The interview process was conducted well. There are definitely lots of smart people at Nvidia. The interview itself was thorough but not completely relevant to the position aplied for.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NVIDIA in May 2009.

The nVidia folks where friendly and professional. After I received an initial phone interview, I was invited to go on site for a series of 1:1 interviews. Those interviews lasted a full day. Most of the questions were related to my background, the rest were questions testing my problem solving and programming skills. A few days later, they said they weren't ready to hire anyone. (!!) I'd say my interview experience was positive, but my experience with the company practices are very very negative.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program that would randomly populate the area of a square, with even distribution. Then change the program to populate a circle within that square, again with even distribution. Show several algorithms. Discuss the difficulties of keeping the distribution even with the different algorithms.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2008.

Average written test. Group discussion. Panel Interview. Excellent work culture and perks.Limited growth opportunities.
    Limited movement across domains. Smart people running the company.
    Interview: Campus interview , selected top 10 who cleared the test. Invited for group discussion on a socially relevant topic to test communication skills. Further selection was based on personal interview.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2012.

Timing questions. Sequence detector

Engineering Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2010.

The were 2 rounds of interview plus a phone interview before that. They ask simple logic design questions and allow you to chat a little. The questions are not difficult at all. The phone interview lasted about 30 min -1 hour. The on-site interview lasted half day.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2011.

There is just one level of interviews. the questions are based on the written test conducted earlier. the written test is not objective, rather subjective. balanced questions on the basics. importance not on the answer, rather on the approach. not too difficult or too simple. Amongst the best pre-placement presentations i have seen- short, sweet and to the point.

A very friendly interview panel interested more about finding out what you know than what you dont.

Interview Questions
    • tell me how you arrived at this answer? question was on digital logic   Answer Question
    • Why did you strike the answer you had originally written?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in May 2011.

there was one one phone interview. and later, they flew me to Santa Clara for one on site interview. The interviewers are very nice. most are tech question. HR person met me at the end. I waited for 20 days to get their reply.

Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in August 2010.

The first interview was with the HR manager. There was also a programming quiz which turned out to be very easy. The HR just briefly reconfirmed my education and work experience and asked a few typical questions such as "Why do you want to join us?" and "What kind of person do you want to become in 5 years." etc. The second interview was with the hiring manager and this time it was quite tough. Most of the questions were very closely related to programming skills.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in July 2009.

It was fun.. all the ppl were so nice and gentle.. there was no pressure whatsoever. it was fun and made me want the job even more :) they were too easy and actually were friendly in the interview. this was not the case in the previous interviews i had attended.

Interview Questions

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!