NVIDIA Engineering Manager Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2010.

Had two rounds of interviews for a software engineering manager position: one 45 minute 1:1 with a VP and then a full day of interviews with 7 different people for six hours. They also had an engineer as part of the interview who asked questions about linked lists.

The managers I spoke with were great. The big exception was the HR rep. He never got back to me and hasn't responded to several e-mails. Considering I spent seven hours with these people a decency of a response would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions
  • Code a thread-safe linked list in a multiprocessor environment. Unexpected for an experienced engineering manager interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at NVIDIA in July 2009.

a normal interview process with the team and manager. a variety of questions - mostly to gauge experience - no specific technical questions. interview process was split over 2 - 3 days because of availability. interviews were rescheduled near the end so really didn't know who I would be interviewing with until the last minute - therefore couldn't research interviewers

1.5 months

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in August 2008.

I got a cold call from an aggressive recruiter. I wasn't really looking but agreed to come in and talk. I spoke to the manager of all hiring managers who does the initial screening process. We talked about my current job, and some of the opportunities at the company. Even thought I’m happy at my current job, I am worried in this economy so I was willing to explore possibilities. Eventually we concluded I might be a good for the systems group- but they didn’t have any current openings, so we parted ways and agreed to keep in touch. I connected with the manager on linked in, and that’s about it.

Interview Questions
    • What is it aobut your current job that you do well and think would make you a good fit here?   Answer Question

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!