NVIDIA Graphics Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview arranged through a recruiter at linkedlin. I had a phone interview with a member from the tegra moblie platform team and though he was looking for people with experience on performance tuning ( which i did not have), he liked my resume and forwarded to another team member. Then i had another interview and the interviewer was very nice and friendly. He gave me a brief description of his work at Nvidia for about 15 mins. Then he head on to my resume and asked a couple of questions regarding a graphics project that i had built. Then he asked me 2 problems and my interview was over.

Interview Questions

• Given two numbers a and b, we have an averaging function (a+b)/2. This function wont work under certain cases. I was supposed to tell the case, and also how to handle it.   1 Answer
  • given an unsigned char c, swap every two bits of it   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Graphics Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I applied through my university's coop system and got 2 phone interviews for 2 different teams. In the first interview the interviewer showed up 45 minutes late, and tried to cram the entire hour-long interview into 20 minutes. He sounded completely disinterested right from the start, and kept complaining about the sound quality. The second interview went a lot better, but the interviewer asked a lot of bad, vague, or just generally unanswerable questions.

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA in August 2012.

Interview

They came on campus recruitment for Graphics Design Engg. the interview round comprised of a brief intro about them and then a written technical test. It was completely subjective, but not very difficult. the questions comprised from all of the fields right from digital electronics to reasoning and aptitude questions to even one on C programming. the next round was the interview round where the asked about the setup and hold times, FIFO, FSM and also one on writing a C programming code.

Interview Questions

• Why does the necessity of setup time arises in a digital circuit?   Answer Question

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2012.

Interview

After filling out a questionnaire and submitting resume at a college career fair, got an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 1 hours and was mostly OS and computer architectures problems. directives, difference bewteen global and static in C, difference between a writeback and a writethrough cache, difference between kernel and user mode, malloc, ... It was very hard-core. The interviewer thanked me for not bs-ing him and just telling him I don't know something.

Interview Questions

• how to find if a number of a power of 2 in constant time?   2 Answers