NVIDIA

Updated Jan 19, 2015

3.7

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Applied through website, previous experince help. The HR will contact you once you have applied there. The interview process is tiring. I ahvd 8-9 interviews. Expect 2 phone and 7 on site interviews

Interview Questions
  • some tricky questions related to design, computer architecture   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Hardware Engineer Interview

looking for a internship position. I got 2 phone interviews after attending univerisity career fair. The process is very slow. Some question about MOSFETs, gaussian distribution, C coding, verilog and OpAmp in the 1st interview. Timing analysis of digital circuits and operation mode of MOSFETs are focused on the 2nd interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in November 2012.

Phone interview, the officer called me at 4pm east time. It lasted for about 1hour with nothing but technical questions. First one is building the memory circuit using only the combinational logic.Second is state machine question, finding the first 1101 from a continuous 0&1 inputs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in June 2012.

What is an ARM?

Explain briefly ASIC design?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2012.

I had applied online on NVIDIA website. Got a call for initial phone screen. There were 2 phone screens back to back. First interview consisted of asic,vlsi design,digital design,c coding etc. Second phone interview consisted of computer architecture questions. Both of them went for about an hour. Then got a call for onsite. Onsite consisted of 6 back to back interviews. Each went for about 45 minutes. Question were based on computer architecture(cache,pipelining),fsm design(sequence detector) and the verilog code for the same,synthesis questions, a lot of questions on set up time and hold time,circuit design and puzzles.

Interview Questions
    • design a fsm to detect 1011 and verilog code   View Answer
    • what parameters affect cache performance   View Answer
    Didn't want to negotiate since the offer is very attractive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2012.

I found nvidia in my universities career fair, talked to them about summer internships and they gave a quiz for the hardware engineering position. Two weeks later I received an email for a phone interview, I had to do three of those. Overall the interviewers were all nice, relaxed and they all seem smart, it sounds like and awesome place to work. The questions were straightforward like timing analysis, designing with logic gates and multiplexers, state machines, low level coding.

Interview Questions
    I took the offer, it is my first engineering job so it is a pretty good pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in November 2011.

Totally driven by the technical manager. Minimal HR interaction. However, they just pick 5 people to interview you. The people dont interact with each other. Every one submits their own feedback.

Otherwise the process is intense. 3 out of the 5 interviews involved technical stuff. They even ask you to write code. 2 were more managerial.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Joined as a fresh graduate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in January 2011.

I met nVidia at our college career fair, and they were handing out pretests in order for us to be able to hand in our resumes. The employees I met were very professional in attitude, and were definitely not tyros of the trade.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at NVIDIA in May 2009.

Three rounds of phone interview. Each interview lasted 45 minutes and all of them were very challenging.
    They tested everything listed on my resume and I also had to describe quite a few of my graduate level projects in detail.

Interview Questions
    • Explain graduate level projects. What could you have done to improve it or make it better?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Apply through website, got contacted with HR for an phone interview. Was asked some hardware question, solving through phone, around 30 minutes. No further response. Sent email to HR to ask for process, got no response.