NVIDIA

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hardware Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Applied through website, previous experince help. The HR will contact you once you have applied there. The interview process is tiring. I ahvd 8-9 interviews. Expect 2 phone and 7 on site interviews

Interview Question – some tricky questions related to design, computer architecture   Answer Question

California, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, the officer called me at 4pm east time. It lasted for about 1hour with nothing but technical questions. First one is building the memory circuit using only the combinational logic.Second is state machine question, finding the first 1101 from a continuous 0&1 inputs.

Interview Question – the combinational logic question   View Answer

Interviewed at NVIDIA

Interview Details – looking for a internship position. I got 2 phone interviews after attending univerisity career fair. The process is very slow. Some question about MOSFETs, gaussian distribution, C coding, verilog and OpAmp in the 1st interview. Timing analysis of digital circuits and operation mode of MOSFETs are focused on the 2nd interview.

Interview Question – Some question on gaussian distribution   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2011.

Interview Details – Totally driven by the technical manager. Minimal HR interaction. However, they just pick 5 people to interview you. The people dont interact with each other. Every one submits their own feedback.

Otherwise the process is intense. 3 out of the 5 interviews involved technical stuff. They even ask you to write code. 2 were more managerial.

Interview Question – Dont remember now   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Joined as a fresh graduate.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2012.

Interview Details – What is an ARM?

Explain briefly ASIC design?

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2012.

Interview Details – I found nvidia in my universities career fair, talked to them about summer internships and they gave a quiz for the hardware engineering position. Two weeks later I received an email for a phone interview, I had to do three of those. Overall the interviewers were all nice, relaxed and they all seem smart, it sounds like and awesome place to work. The questions were straightforward like timing analysis, designing with logic gates and multiplexers, state machines, low level coding.

Interview Question – State machine to detect a signal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took the offer, it is my first engineering job so it is a pretty good pay.

Santa Clarita, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had applied online on NVIDIA website. Got a call for initial phone screen. There were 2 phone screens back to back. First interview consisted of asic,vlsi design,digital design,c coding etc. Second phone interview consisted of computer architecture questions. Both of them went for about an hour. Then got a call for onsite. Onsite consisted of 6 back to back interviews. Each went for about 45 minutes. Question were based on computer architecture(cache,pipelining),fsm design(sequence detector) and the verilog code for the same,synthesis questions, a lot of questions on set up time and hold time,circuit design and puzzles.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Didn't want to negotiate since the offer is very attractive

Very Difficult Interview

Santa Clara, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at NVIDIA in May 2009.

Interview Details – Three rounds of phone interview. Each interview lasted 45 minutes and all of them were very challenging.
They tested everything listed on my resume and I also had to describe quite a few of my graduate level projects in detail.

Interview Question – Explain graduate level projects. What could you have done to improve it or make it better?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2011.

Interview Details – I met nVidia at our college career fair, and they were handing out pretests in order for us to be able to hand in our resumes. The employees I met were very professional in attitude, and were definitely not tyros of the trade.

Hardware Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – The process comprised of a written followed by a panel interview. The written test was subjective and comprised questions on CMOS based design, Memory hierarchy, Digital design, timing analysis and C programming. The interview as based on the question paper itself. They discussed the attempted questions and the wrongly attended questions and checked if we can correct the wrongly attended ones.

Interview Question – The questions regarding the personality were the most difficult ones.   Answer Question

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!