NVIDIA

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – They came to the career fair and gave everyone a written test to complete on the spot before accepting resumes. Then I got a phone screen but the interviewer did not seem like he wanted to be doing the interview because he was brought on last minute.

Interview Question – problems regarding multithreading   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – The interview process was very professional. Had two rounds of phone interviews. I was asked relevant technical questions related to the position I had applied for.
One of the question that they had asked me in my first interview was as follows: What is the difference between a stack and a heap.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for nvidia   Answer Question

College Station, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – Asked about GPUs and their memoary access pattern. Questions about parallel computation.   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NVIDIA in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1. resume screening
2. phone interview
Because of weak signals of ATT, the phone interview is a little messed up. But I do not think it's anyone's faults except ATT.
They asked no personality questions but only technical questions, not hard but definitely related to what I am doing right now. I think they main goal is to make sure the candidates match the job requirements.

Interview Question – How to use Smith chart   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nothing for intern

Intern

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2012.

Interview Details – Forwarded the resume through a recruiter. Got back for scheduling an interview with a hiring manager, who showed interest to talk to me further about an internship position. The interview was scheduled for next week and lasted for about 30-45 mins.

Interview Question – How is clock gating implemented and question about clock jitter. Almost all the questions were related purely technical except for the rectangle and center of mass question posted in other interviews.   Answer Question

Interviewed at NVIDIA

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – depth first search of a array in a non-recursive manner without using extra memory   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview -> phone interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – On-campus job fair. submit resume then finish one paper question individually. after that show your solution to the engineer and explain. he/she may ask you several question based on your performance.

Interview Question – 4-bit gray code conuter   View Answer

Santa Clarita, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was asked about everything i wrote in my CV. There was one question involving 'coding' by phone, it was about simple bit operations, some questions reffering to skills I listed in CV. Most of the time during second interview we were talking about the team I was applyling to.

Interview Question – Tell me the hardest problem in number theory you've done lately.   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2009.

Interview Details – The preliminary screen will be done by the HR group, who will likely go over your resume. An initial screen is done by the hiring manager for the department you'll be working under, which may or may not contain technical questions. They may ask what position you'd like to apply for if you didn't specify in your initial application. If you pass this initial screen, you'll be passed on to the manager or a co-worker of the respective group, which will then go into more specific software questions.

For me, the questions consisted of general software knowledge , as well as some software problems. If everything goes well, you'll be hired.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at NVIDIA

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!

NVIDIA Videos

NVIDIA – Why Work for Us?

As a world leader in visual computing technology NVIDIA's objective remains solid: to be the most important 3D company in the world. We invest in our people and our technologies, support and fund industry research… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NVIDIA Intern interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by NVIDIA employees and interview candidates.