NVIDIA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

3.3

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Applied online, the first round was resume based and basic data structures, linked list reversal etc. The second round was hardware design based, how to synchronize systems with different clocks etc, verilog code for the same.
    Did not hear back from them for 2 and half months, when I sent a follow up mail, they rejected me.

Interview Questions

• Synchronize two systems with different clocks? Write code verilog   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I applied through the college career fair. Got an email for a phone interview from the recruiter. I had 3 rounds spread out over 1.5 months. Even though I had little experience with graphics, they interviewed mainly for a mobile graphics driver position.

Interview Questions

• First interview was basic C stuff, static keyword, volatile keyword inline functions, malloc, implementation of memcpy etc   Answer Question
    • Second interview was more graphics centric: I was asked to describe the internal architecture of a GPU, the graphics pipeline, explain rasterization, what are shaders etc
      I was asked to solve one question on a shared screen and then there was some basic comp arch related stuff.

Answer Question
    • Third interview was about my projects, and then again some graphics, explanation of various parts of the graphics pipeline etc. I was then asked some basic C questions, linkedlist reversal, bitwise swap, strcmp() implementation etc   Answer Question

Software Interview

Interview

standard questions about coding, 3 round technical interview and they also ask about previous working experience. In the second round, they will ask for coding questions that needs to be written on paper or text editor, choose preferred language and do 3 simple questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Campus recruit first, did a quiz about some basic programming questions. And then followed by a phone interview, in which they asked a lot of details about cache, stack, and heap. Also asked some algorithm problems. Most of the problems are not too hard, but they seem to be very strict about your answers.

PARALLEL COMPUTING SOFTWARE ENGINEER Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

The process was long and grueling, consisting of 3 phone interviews, 2 programming tests, and a 6-hour onsite with lots of technical questions, but it was also exciting in how much I learned. Received rejection notice about 10 days after onsite.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about GPU architecture, fundamental parallel algorithms, big-O work/cost efficiency analysis. General questions about considerations needed to optimize code on a hardware/operating system level (e.g. how does instruction-level parallelism work? how does virtual memory work?).   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

The interview was very technical. There were two telephonic rounds and around six onsite rounds including one during lunch. Each session was for approx 45mins. Some people asked questions related to projects in the resume while others had specific questions of their own. One of the interviewers kept telling that this is a very fast pace company, how will you be able to cope up and I had to cite various examples from my grad school time frame where there were periodic deliverables, tight deadlines, teamwork and learnings similar to how we have at the workplace.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

First time: Ask for research project. Introduce his team and let me ask questions. No coding questions. Lasted about 30 mins.
    Second time: Still discuss my research project in depth. One coding concept is asked but no puzzled is asked to solve. Then my question time. Lasted about 50 mins.

Interview Questions

• What is virtual function? What is destructor? What is virtual destructor?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Standard technical interview. Questions related to algorithms and design and data structures. Focus on optimizing solutions. They look more at how you approach the problem than the solution itself. Interview consisted of 4-5 round with different developers. They paid for the accommodation and food and flight. I did not get an offer.

Data Center Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about one week later. A phone screen was then scheduled with the hiring manager. Phone screen went well and I was moved to the next phase which was an onsite group interview. I wasn't informed that it was going to be a group interview but regardless, it went perfect.

Heard back from recruiter a month later stating the position had been closed and would reopen at a later time.

Interview Questions

• Server boot process (either Windows or Linux).   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The first round is 60 min phone interview. There is no questions on my project, and almost all of the questions are technical. The questions covers software C++ algorithm, hardware FSM and computer architecture pipelines.

Interview Questions

• 1. Swap function: difference between pass by value and pass by reference
      2. Fibonacci series. Two implementation: for loop and recursive.
      3. The usage of constant, constant functions
      4. Detect sequence pattern in FSM.

Answer Question