NVIDIA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter call followed by a technical phone interview
Asked question on basic c concepts and string questions
The team actually wanted a experienced candidate and the interviewer gave a positive review that they are going to get back in a day and schedule onsite but the recruiter said they did not need anyone now and and interview was scheduled

Interview Question – Questions on C and DS   Answer Question

Hardware Interview

Hardware

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Called through career fair
3 phone interviews - mix of technical basics, riddles, HR based and about the company.
Each interview lasted around 30-40 mins.
The process took 2 months
Got the offer a week after the final interview

Interview Question – You're shrunk and put in a blender, how will you get out ?   Answer Question

Senior ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Senior ASIC Verification Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted on Linkedin. Initial phone interview was scheduled in a few days, followed by a 4 hour onsite interview (5 people @ 45 min each), the 5th was the team manager.

The phone interview was really standard -- data structures, UVM, ASIC performance, Big O notation, etc. The onsite interview was divided as follows:
1) UVM basics and testbench development
2) Cache design
3) C++ questions (strings, arrays, data structures, etc.)
4) Digital Design questions
5) General overview questions, background etc. (With manager of the group).

Reason for Declining – Salary was not up to my standards and manager didn't leave room to negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern
Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2011.

Interview Details – Talked with one person, very simple algorithm question regarding lists. No specific language, able to psudeo-code. Asked about experiences and past projects, what I did I school.
Wanted to know about experience with android and system building

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

ASIC Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Just a phone interview. Campus recruitment . Interview questions are quite regular and basic: verilog task function , statement machine, setup time hold time. I thought I was doing fine, but didn't get a second interview.

Interview Question – Difference between mealy and Moore machine; one hot coding and gray coding   Answer Question

SLT(Systems Level Test) Engineer Interview

SLT(Systems Level Test) Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

Interview Details – Had 3 technical rounds and 1 final phone round from managers manager (more about resume), Interviewers were very good and asked only questions relevant to the job.
The manager saw my profile on linkedin and asked me if i was available for an interview. Later on a recruiter contacted me and set up a interview. There were 3 face to face rounds of half hour each. 2 Days after the interview I was contacted by the recruiter again to schedule a phone interview with the managers manager and later on in the day I was Offered the position.

Interview Question – Components of a mobile system mother board? and some basic questions on computer architecture and on perl, python.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview with three different people over the course of two days. They asked very good questions relevant to the position. They did not ask any weird or misleading questions. Two days after the phone interview I was invited onsite to do an in-person interview with six different people. The vice president of the group was the only person who I felt was trying to trick me, and he was not very technical. Everyone else was proficient in their area and asked relevant and good questions (some of which I could not answer).

Interview Question – Vice President: "What do you know about the Tegra3 processor."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a pretty good oral offer from Nvidia by phone. I did not receive the written offer for three weeks. During that three week period I turned down two offers from other companies. When I finally got the written offer from Nvidia it was 10% less than the oral offer; no stock options; no relocation package. NVIDIA is NOT to be trusted with salary negotiation. Accept an oral offer at your own risk.

Lead Validation Engineer Interview

Lead Validation Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2011.

Interview Details – Relative quick interview process (for me at least). One phone interview with who turned out to be my boss, then one full day of interviews (10 am - 5 pm). I've heard that if you are asked to stay after lunch, then they are interested in getting you hired on.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Not easy per se, but not unexpected either   Answer Question

Computer Vision Software Engineer Interview

Computer Vision Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in December 2013.

Interview Details – I spoke to the hiring manager first as a screening step. This was then followed by a technical interview with a senior engineer in a slightly different role. I didn't pass this stage because I thought the role demanded more software knowledge as opposed to knowledge of Computer Vision algorithms for which the job posting was made

Interview Question – What is meant by virtual memory?
Time complexity of insertion in Linked List vs. Array?
Smoothing an image - what filter to use?
Salt and pepper noise removal?
Memory storage - heap vs stack?
  Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the Senior ASIC Design Engineer position online. I was contacted by NVDIA HR recruiter by email. She asked me for a good time for telephonic interview and it was setup. I was interviewed by one engineer over telephone. After the telephonic interview the recruiter setup an onsite technical interview. i was interviewed by 5 people during the technical interview. It went well and I was offered a position at the company.

Interview Question – Details about project and Timing closure questions   Answer Question

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!