NVIDIA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.3

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in August 2014.

Submit the application online and wait. It may be several weeks before you hear anything so if you are between jobs this may not work for you.

This was a phone screen covering past work, architecture type questions and OS questions. A simple coding question was also ask but this was not an interactive session.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep hardware registers from being cached?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2010.

Found the opening on line. Sent my resume to the company and got response a while later from a manager. The manager did a phone interview. He came up with technical issues. Remember the way the manager spoke was not the most friendly. Phone interview was the furthest I got. The position was for a Windows graphics driver developer.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2014.

First is a phone screen, ask me about a Dynamic Programming problem. Such as there is a list contain some numbers less than 10, such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.. but don't know how many. How can you find the biggest one. And when I finish, the man try to change the difficult level of this question such as if there are more than 100 number in this list, or if i define the number as a int, how can i do if the number bigger than the limit of int...seems he want to ask me until I cannot answer the question...

RF Engineer Interview

Had 8 people interview on site. 1 HR, 1 mech, 6 rf related. Good interview. No tricky questions. Rf interviews were typical rf questions linearity, noise figure, rx sensitivity, papr, lte, wcdma related.

3D Vision Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Submitted resume and cover letter online and received an email within three days to set up a phone interview. It was relatively straight forward and they invited me to the campus. I met with at least six people to discuss my background and experience. I prepped a lot and the interview ended up being easier than anticipated. Left on good terms and hiring manager told me to expect a call the following week. Unfortunately they told me they had a hiring freeze and the requisition was placed on hold. No offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers tested me on my capabilities but I don't recall any difficult questions. Research your position and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2014.

Submitted resume online. Got contact from the HR in about a week. Phone interview with the hiring manager. One week later had on-site interview with 9 people. Got offer one week later.

The overall process is very efficient. I am impressed. One of the sharpest design teams I have ever come across. The management is very good, too. Sure, it is not surprising that the interview itself can be difficult to some people. This is how the company picked up the best people, right?

Interview Questions
    • Most people there have very strong background so expect lots of algorithm/design quiz. It is really not much different from, say, interview at Google.   Answer Question

Senior ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2014.

Was contacted on Linkedin. Initial phone interview was scheduled in a few days, followed by a 4 hour onsite interview (5 people @ 45 min each), the 5th was the team manager.

The phone interview was really standard -- data structures, UVM, ASIC performance, Big O notation, etc. The onsite interview was divided as follows:
    1) UVM basics and testbench development
    2) Cache design
    3) C++ questions (strings, arrays, data structures, etc.)
    4) Digital Design questions
    5) General overview questions, background etc. (With manager of the group).

Salary was not up to my standards and manager didn't leave room to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2014.

Recruiter call followed by a technical phone interview
    Asked question on basic c concepts and string questions
    The team actually wanted a experienced candidate and the interviewer gave a positive review that they are going to get back in a day and schedule onsite but the recruiter said they did not need anyone now and and interview was scheduled

Hardware Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Called through career fair
    3 phone interviews - mix of technical basics, riddles, HR based and about the company.
    Each interview lasted around 30-40 mins.
    The process took 2 months
    Got the offer a week after the final interview

Interview Questions
    • You're shrunk and put in a blender, how will you get out ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2011.

Talked with one person, very simple algorithm question regarding lists. No specific language, able to psudeo-code. Asked about experiences and past projects, what I did I school.
    Wanted to know about experience with android and system building

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!