NVIDIA

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.3

Intern Interview

I had 3 phone interviews and I thought they went pretty good. But, the offer was declined. Not sure what went wrong. I must admit that I did not express too much enthusiasm in their work.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straight forward. Reversing a string word by word, bit operations etc   Answer Question

Tegra Architect Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Got a phone interview through referral. Went through past projects experience and talked about my interests. The technical questions were kind of out of the box so I was not able to answer all of them. Then the recruiter went over the basics of the position. It seems they are looking for people who are very talented and also creative.

Senior Sales Manager Interview

Pretty straight forward. They like people from competitors. Senior management seems to really want external people. They will not promote people internally. So go in with a bloated title and you will most likely get a good position.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

maze traversal and back tracking
    how does a debugger work?
    semaphores, mutex, spin locks
    mutexes and spin locks in interrupts
    top halves and bottom halves in interrupt
    implement strlen function
    count freq of characters
    encoding chars into numbers for eg. abc -1 def -2 etc

why padding is needed in struct
    difference between interrupt and exception

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA.

I applied online through my university careers website. The interview was a phone screen for about 45 minutes. First question was a puzzle question. Then he asked an algorithmic question on linked lists. Final question was on Object oriented programming.

Interview Questions
    • To find the minimum number of weighing required to find the lighter box among 8 boxes using a balance.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2014.

First round, he asked me a question.
    Put 1-9 into 3x3 matrix, and have the same sum in every rows and columns and two diagonal.
    Second round, ton of questions in different area.

OpenGL Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA.

I applied in January,2014. Got a call after 2 days.
    Initial interview was formal introduction.
    They set up a technical interview a day later.
    Questions: (1) OpenGL pipeline (2) Draw triangle in openGL, texturing (3)Shaders, GLSL (4)Basic C++ , Array vector difference, data structure.

Interview Questions
    • I stumbled upon shaders questions as I had not used it before.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interviewed through career fair. Questions are given regarding computer architecture, C/C++ coding, circuit design, FSM. Though questions are seemingly not difficult, they are very difficult to answer comprehensively, and missing points will leave a negative expression.

Intern Interview

I applied at the college job fair. They assigned us several problems before receiving resumes. Common digital circuits questions like designing sequence detectors. The booth is small and crowded and noisy and it's a little challenge to answer those questions as quickly as you can do in an exam.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2014.

A staffing coordinator contacted me to pass some 24 hours assignments for a computer vision opportunity.

I have passed the assignment, and managed it.

Unfortunately, there was a misunderstood since the position was a full time role... And I was only seeking an internship.

Interview Questions
    • parallel programming of maximum single-sell profit algorithm with pthread/openmp   Answer Question