NVIDIA

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

3.3

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Standard technical interview. Questions related to algorithms and design and data structures. Focus on optimizing solutions. They look more at how you approach the problem than the solution itself. Interview consisted of 4-5 round with different developers. They paid for the accommodation and food and flight. I did not get an offer.

Data Center Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about one week later. A phone screen was then scheduled with the hiring manager. Phone screen went well and I was moved to the next phase which was an onsite group interview. I wasn't informed that it was going to be a group interview but regardless, it went perfect.

I contacted the recruiter one week later for an update and she replied stating that she expected more information from the team within a week. I never heard back from the recruiter after that.

Interview Questions
    • Server boot process (either Windows or Linux).   View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

I was given a sheet which contained three questions and was told that i would be called in two weeks or so. the questions were kind of tough for my friend. he was asked to write really long programs.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

First time: Ask for research project. Introduce his team and let me ask questions. No coding questions. Lasted about 30 mins.
    Second time: Still discuss my research project in depth. One coding concept is asked but no puzzled is asked to solve. Then my question time. Lasted about 50 mins.

Interview Questions
    • What is virtual function? What is destructor? What is virtual destructor?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NVIDIA.

One technical interview with lots of detailed questions.Some are easy, but some are very hard. They would like to find a person know the details of the tools. After the phone interview, the interviewer asked me to do a 24 hour coding exam, which is to implementing mycollate and myfree.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

campus career fair, submitted my resume and did a test paper, reviewed by one of staff, seems reasoning is what they value most, so always be clear about why are you doing this or choosing this method.

Interview Questions
    • write a function of swap(a,b) in C/C++ using pass by reference and pass by value.   View Answers (2)

Logic Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NVIDIA.

The recruiter asked me several easy questions during phone interview. However, I did not do well so I guess that was the reason why I did not move forward with their process.

Interview Questions
    • Use 2-to-1 MUX to build an or gate. Use full adders to count the number of 1's in a 7-bit number.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2015.

I attended to the University Career fair and I was asked to write code and solutions on the spot. I solved the problem and I was told to wait until they forwarded my resume to particular group.

ASIC Verification Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2015.

applied through internet,and then HR contact me to phone interview. The process takes 45 mins. The interviewer is very nice. Questions are about basic c programming, digital design, Linux, computer architecture such as pipeline and data hazards, structure hazard and control hazard.The interviewer gave me some hints for the programming questions, I really learned a lot from this interview.

Mixed Signal Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA.

I was interviewed by phone twice. In the first interview, I was interviewed by an experienced mixed-signal designer. His questions follows a certain flow, like device physics about depletion region, common source amplifiers, current mirror, noise analysis, gain-boosting amplifiers, 2.5bit-per stage in pipelined ADC, sigma-delta modulator, and noise profile of free running VCO and PLL transfer functions. Some of the topics were chosen from my resume. The second interview was held by a senior design engineer. She sent me a pdf to solve circuit problems, mainly focused on large signal analysis, output impedance analysis, feedback analysis and miller compensation. I did not do well in this part so I got kicked off.

Interview Questions
    • What is MDAC gain in 2.5bit-per-stage in pipelined ADC? I understood the answer after the interview... In the continuous-time sigma-delta modulator, can the gain-boosting amplifier be designed with a lower bandwidth? This is really hard to understand for new college grads if you don't have experience in designing that... Why is the intrinsic gain of BJT is higher than that of MOSFET? You need to review that the p-substrate in NMOS is lightly doped and and therefore more sensitive to reverse bias, and this is also where channel length modulation comes into the picture. Some of the circuit problems are really novel and I have to come up with new techniques to analyze it.   Answer Question