NVIDIA

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

3.3

Mixed Signal Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA.

I was interviewed by phone twice. In the first interview, I was interviewed by an experienced mixed-signal designer. His questions follows a certain flow, like device physics about depletion region, common source amplifiers, current mirror, noise analysis, gain-boosting amplifiers, 2.5bit-per stage in pipelined ADC, sigma-delta modulator, and noise profile of free running VCO and PLL transfer functions. Some of the topics were chosen from my resume. The second interview was held by a senior design engineer. She sent me a pdf to solve circuit problems, mainly focused on large signal analysis, output impedance analysis, feedback analysis and miller compensation. I did not do well in this part so I got kicked off.

Interview Questions
    • What is MDAC gain in 2.5bit-per-stage in pipelined ADC? I understood the answer after the interview... In the continuous-time sigma-delta modulator, can the gain-boosting amplifier be designed with a lower bandwidth? This is really hard to understand for new college grads if you don't have experience in designing that... Why is the intrinsic gain of BJT is higher than that of MOSFET? You need to review that the p-substrate in NMOS is lightly doped and and therefore more sensitive to reverse bias, and this is also where channel length modulation comes into the picture. Some of the circuit problems are really novel and I have to come up with new techniques to analyze it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

I had given two telephonic interview but waiting for response. Interview was OK. It was all related to embedded thing and device driver. First interview is taken by hiring manager and second is taken by senior software engineer.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Questions are given regarding computer architecture, C/C++ coding, circuit design, FSM. And a lot of logic design question. Like using add to detect how many 1's in a parallel bits of data. And on-site interview mostly focused on my project and dig hard into any keyword. Ask questions about dynamic logic, power, arbiter, fifo and so on.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Phone interview, followed by on-site interview with 5 engineers. The questions were all technical and the hiring manager gave a brief explanation on the organization structure. It was a nice interview experience. Offer after a few days.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview process is systemetic.
    They hire fewer people and upon recruirement.
    Openings at nvidia for juniour engineers are almost freezed throughout the year. But for seniour engineers they sometimes start reviewing applications but only upon extreme demanding situation while keeping interview process really tough.

Interview Questions
    • They mostly get into details of Operating system and bit manupulations.   Answer Question
    I negotiated for increasing joining bonus. which was eventually offered.

Architect Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA.

hr contacted me for a job position and scheduled time quickly. after the 1st phone interview there was no updates anymore. wrote to the hr asking for progress. never replied. happened to my friends as well.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. After a few weeks, I got an email from a recruiter saying that they would like to set up an interview with me and asking my weekly available time. The interview was scheduled two weeks latter. They asked me some technical questions about algorithms and communication theory. After that, they asked me some of my previous projects on my resume.

Computer Arch/Parallel Programming Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

It wasn't clear what team or position I was being interviewed for. The first two phone interviews were good and were with people from the computer architecture team. The third interview was with someone from the PP team. The third interviewer kept asking me recruiter-style questions in addition to a rapid fire list of technical and brain teasers. There was no opportunity for me to express my views or ask questions--truly bad sign of group dynamics. He was also quite condescending.

Interview Questions
    • Weird question: why should NVIDIA hire you (deal breaker question for me)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Go through the resume and ask several basic c++ questions, difference between shallow copy and deep copy, what is volatile mean, what is static mean, what is the difference between debug and release mode in VS, then ask to do a coding assignment, to write a malloc and free function.

Interview Questions
    • They ask several details about the resume, like the most challenge project, and asked if I knew about their team, about game or something, did not expect that.   Answer Question

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Initial communications,process,follow-ups are good.Interview process is organized very well.
    Technical rounds - They touched on basics to advanced topics,verification,sta,design and etc
    They looked at whether I have worked on the verification environments from scratch.