NVIDIA

Relevance Date Difficulty

RF Engineer Interview

RF Engineer

Interviewed at NVIDIA

Interview Details – Had 8 people interview on site. 1 HR, 1 mech, 6 rf related. Good interview. No tricky questions. Rf interviews were typical rf questions linearity, noise figure, rx sensitivity, papr, lte, wcdma related.

3D Vision Applications Engineer Interview

3D Vision Applications Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and cover letter online and received an email within three days to set up a phone interview. It was relatively straight forward and they invited me to the campus. I met with at least six people to discuss my background and experience. I prepped a lot and the interview ended up being easier than anticipated. Left on good terms and hiring manager told me to expect a call the following week. Unfortunately they told me they had a hiring freeze and the requisition was placed on hold. No offer.

Interview Question – The interviewers tested me on my capabilities but I don't recall any difficult questions. Research your position and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Senior Hardware Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online. Got contact from the HR in about a week. Phone interview with the hiring manager. One week later had on-site interview with 9 people. Got offer one week later.

The overall process is very efficient. I am impressed. One of the sharpest design teams I have ever come across. The management is very good, too. Sure, it is not surprising that the interview itself can be difficult to some people. This is how the company picked up the best people, right?

Interview Question – Most people there have very strong background so expect lots of algorithm/design quiz. It is really not much different from, say, interview at Google.   Answer Question

Senior ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Senior ASIC Verification Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted on Linkedin. Initial phone interview was scheduled in a few days, followed by a 4 hour onsite interview (5 people @ 45 min each), the 5th was the team manager.

The phone interview was really standard -- data structures, UVM, ASIC performance, Big O notation, etc. The onsite interview was divided as follows:
1) UVM basics and testbench development
2) Cache design
3) C++ questions (strings, arrays, data structures, etc.)
4) Digital Design questions
5) General overview questions, background etc. (With manager of the group).

Reason for Declining – Salary was not up to my standards and manager didn't leave room to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter call followed by a technical phone interview
Asked question on basic c concepts and string questions
The team actually wanted a experienced candidate and the interviewer gave a positive review that they are going to get back in a day and schedule onsite but the recruiter said they did not need anyone now and and interview was scheduled

Interview Question – Questions on C and DS   Answer Question

Hardware Interview

Hardware

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Called through career fair
3 phone interviews - mix of technical basics, riddles, HR based and about the company.
Each interview lasted around 30-40 mins.
The process took 2 months
Got the offer a week after the final interview

Interview Question – You're shrunk and put in a blender, how will you get out ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2011.

Interview Details – Talked with one person, very simple algorithm question regarding lists. No specific language, able to psudeo-code. Asked about experiences and past projects, what I did I school.
Wanted to know about experience with android and system building

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

ASIC Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Just a phone interview. Campus recruitment . Interview questions are quite regular and basic: verilog task function , statement machine, setup time hold time. I thought I was doing fine, but didn't get a second interview.

Interview Question – Difference between mealy and Moore machine; one hot coding and gray coding   Answer Question

SLT(Systems Level Test) Engineer Interview

SLT(Systems Level Test) Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

Interview Details – Had 3 technical rounds and 1 final phone round from managers manager (more about resume), Interviewers were very good and asked only questions relevant to the job.
The manager saw my profile on linkedin and asked me if i was available for an interview. Later on a recruiter contacted me and set up a interview. There were 3 face to face rounds of half hour each. 2 Days after the interview I was contacted by the recruiter again to schedule a phone interview with the managers manager and later on in the day I was Offered the position.

Interview Question – Components of a mobile system mother board? and some basic questions on computer architecture and on perl, python.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview with three different people over the course of two days. They asked very good questions relevant to the position. They did not ask any weird or misleading questions. Two days after the phone interview I was invited onsite to do an in-person interview with six different people. The vice president of the group was the only person who I felt was trying to trick me, and he was not very technical. Everyone else was proficient in their area and asked relevant and good questions (some of which I could not answer).

Interview Question – Vice President: "What do you know about the Tegra3 processor."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a pretty good oral offer from Nvidia by phone. I did not receive the written offer for three weeks. During that three week period I turned down two offers from other companies. When I finally got the written offer from Nvidia it was 10% less than the oral offer; no stock options; no relocation package. NVIDIA is NOT to be trusted with salary negotiation. Accept an oral offer at your own risk.

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!