NVIDIA

Updated Nov 18, 2014

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA.

got there through college and it was 2 technical interviews one to one. They were very helpful, made us feel comfortable. It was really a great experience and unforgettable one..

Interview Questions
    It was well above expectations

Software Engineer Interview

I was interviewed at college campus.Process took 1 day.Firstly their was a test consisting of c/c++ ,DS,OS,quantitative aptitude questions.Later some of them were shortlisted

interview process consisted of
    Coding Test(easy)
    2 rounds of technical
    1 HR round

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA.

The interviewe procees consis of a written technical round with no appitude questions.The technical wriiten round is easy if you know the concepts properly.After shortlisting ,the interview was taken by a pannel of members.Mostly tech questions were asked with very little hr questions.The whole process was completed in a single day starting with a ppt followed by the test and tech interviw

Systems Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in August 2014.

First round was objective test, 4 sections were there - C/C++, Data Structure, OS and Aptitude. Out of 150 students only 10 were shortlisted.

In the first interview, they asked questions related to bit operators, function to divide up to 2 decimal places without using division(/) or modulus(%) operator, C++ questions and some puzzles.

Based on the first interview, only 6 were shortlisted. In the second interview, he asked to solve questions which I did wrong in the paper. After that, he asked questions based on probability, C++.

Interview Questions
    • Function to find the size of a datatype using different approaches(without using any built-in function).   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The oppurtunity was given through our college. The basic criteria was above 70%, so there was hardly any competition in the first place (only 15 students appeared).

We were called to the Nvidia office in the morning at 9. In the begining, there was a written test, each student was given a different problem statement and we were expected to write a code on paper in C. They were basic pattern matching / generating problems.
    The code that we wrote was later used in the Tech Interview to question us.
    After the test, we had 2/3 Tech interview rounds, which also had some basic questions of C, OS, File Handling, Scheduling, Databases, Data Structures, etc. ( The questions were pretty simple as we were students from Third Year only....! )

It was a very pleasant experience. The selection procedure spanned till 5, but we were really taken care of. They offered us coffee and even food ( that too free of cost). The HR and his Dept. were extremely friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Problem Statement : In an array of numbers, the difference between two consecutive numbers is 1, ( i.e. can be +1 or -1). You have to find a key value from the array without implementing linear search.   View Answers (2)
    It was mind blowing to get a internship in Nvidia in TE itself.
    What more did I want from life....?

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

I had a total of 3 phone interviews. They were all conducted by potential bosses. I ended up being hired to join the first interviewer's team.

All the interviews started off with several personal questions (going over the resume and past experiences, what you're passionate about and what you're like as a person) before getting into the technical questions.

The technical questions were all asked in increasing levels of difficulty. So if you answered the initial question off the bat, they would change something about the question to make it harder until you can't answer it anymore (or if you do, well done!)

For the last interview, I had to email the answer to a technical question as complete code. The other interviews just required me to clearly explain the algorithm on the phone.

They did ask the question "Why do you want to work for Nvidia?". I recommend having a clear answer in your head before the interview, be up to date about their recent developments and be really confident and show your passion. Because it's a phone interview, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have those key points listed on a post-it or something in front of you. It'll help keep you on track on why you want to get this job!

Interview Questions
    • Given a function that accepts a node of a singly linked list as a parameter, how would you delete that node from the complete linked list using this function without any other information?   View Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

3 rounds of interview in total. All technical. Be prepared to be asked the simplest question you might have been able to answer at one point in your life. The interview questions are very academic based. If you study the right subjects before hand, you should do fine. General questions include statistics, digital circuits, analog circuits, basic software programming, etc. The university stuff. Might be a few brain teaser as well depending who is interviewing you.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

applied for a co-op position through the university. challenged with an initial phone screen, follow up phone interview with manager. have interviewed with various teams for this company and it seems there are random engineers who are asked to take on the interview process with no consistent areas of questioning, nor an understanding of the level of expertise offered.

Interview Questions
    • how would you set a breakpoint within your code without a debugger eg. gdb
      the engineer wasn't sure how to phrase the question correctly as he was looking for a concrete answer.
        Answer Question

GPU Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Had one phone interviews and then onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • How to solve a matrix multiplication high efficiently without shared memory in GPU.   Answer Question

PARALLEL COMPUTING SOFTWARE ENGINEER Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NVIDIA in May 2014.

An interview was planned on skype with the chief of the team recruiting. Very nice and polite interview. I've been given an overview of all the kind of positions available in NVIDIA, then a more detailed description of the job proposed. This was very interesting and gave me a good idea of the internal structure of that company.

Some job description can be very vague, such that you don't have a clear idea of what the job might be. It allows the interviewer to ask you what would you like to do, on an daily basis, in your work. The job was not in the domain I expected, and I've been honest, saying that I doubt that this job would interest me.

The interviewer said he will transmit my resume to other team that might be more focused on my expertise domains.

Interview Questions
    • Not so unexpected or difficult, but one should prepare such questions:
      - what do you want to do everyday in your work
      - where are you good at right now? where will you be good at soon?
        Answer Question