NVIDIA

Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.3

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in May 2008.

Very informal and friendly interview process. Each interviewer was tasked with a different evaluation style. One was behavioral, one was completely case based, one was technical etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is your leadership style?   View Answer
    • How do you evaluate two options: one with cannibalizing potential and another with margin erosion?   Answer Question

Sr. Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in April 2008.

Initial communications with HR were nice. The interview was good as well. Tough questions which involved mostly on what my past experience had been.

Interview Questions
    • A circuit design from a project and to determine the set-up and hold-time   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2008.

Several phone interviews and then a day of interviews in person with most of the members of the future team.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me ten features of C++ (that are not in C) that have nothing to do with object oriented programming.   View Answers (3)
    Brief. They met my salary request.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2008.

HR was pretty responsive. The interview process was conducted well. There are definitely lots of smart people at Nvidia. The interview itself was thorough but not completely relevant to the position aplied for.

Senior Application Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA in November 2007.

Initial contact was from HR after they had found my resume on line to set up first interview.
    First interview was with firing manager and his boss and one engineer, and the HR person. each 1 on 1.
    It was typical engineering interview with technical discussions of what I had done on the job and answering technical question about what I knew about the technology in the new job position. A little bit of puzzle solving. HR gave some details about Nvidia benefits .
    The next round was scheduled a couple of weeks later and was similar with interviews with 2 other engineers I would work with in the group and the CTO in the department. The engineer discussions were related to more on the job stuff. But the CTO was purely a problem solving interviewer after I had described my background. He seemed to have a group of puzzles to pick from depending on the candidates background.
    But I think the Nvidia interview is pretty informal and not regimented by some intense company policy or training. There were no wacky puzzles or wierd interview questions. I think intviews would vary , just based on the individuals in the department the position is in.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected was just being interviewed by the CTO of the group. He Just asked questions to show problem solving skills, related to digital design. If I was not familiar with the area he was asking about (software for example) he would try to find a different problem .   View Answer
    There was no real negotiation, HR pretty much demanded my salary from my last job. There was no chance to negotiate with anyone after the second round of interview. I just received an offer with a acceptance deadline. But the salary was comparable to my previous position, taking into account the Nvidia meal discounts. They gave me stock options but at the time Nvidia was at the peak after a year of rapid growth and the time was also at the start of the recession. They also gave me a signing bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA in August 2007.

My first interview was over the phone. It was a general inquiry into what I was interested in so they could see where I may fit in the company. It lasted no longer than 30 minutes. I was told at the end that they were going to give me a small assignment to test my programming skills, which I was e-mailed shortly thereafter and told I had two days to implement two C functions. The "homework" was not difficult but also not trivial.

I had a second phone interview with an employee local to the area in which I was applying. We spoke for perhaps 45 minutes, again addressing where my talents and interests would best fit with the company's needs. There may have been a few short technical questions such as "What is polymorphism?" just to establish that I really knew my stuff. The interviewer told me he'd get me an in person interview with a team in the particular development area in which I had the most interest.

I reviewed the (somewhat esoteric) material that I had studied in graduate school in preparation for this unique in-person interview. When I arrived, I soon discovered that I was not interviewing with the group I was told I would be, and instead was partnered with a device driver developer. He proceeded to ask me many technical questions focusing mostly in low level C programming and some questions on programming theory, which I was completely unprepared for. The questions were pretty standard interview questions and were not that difficult. The interviewer was somewhat rude and impatient when I started struggling with one of the programming questions. This miscommunication somewhat soured the otherwise positive interviewing experience for me. All other interviewers and HR persons were very amicable and enjoyable to speak with.

Interview Questions
    • Write a malloc and free function that forces the buffer to start on a byte aligned boundary. (Asked as a homework assignment, not during an interview)   Answer Question
    • Write a C function that reverses the words in a string without using any memory overhead.   View Answer
    • Question on producer/consumer theory and asked to analyze a specific model case.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at NVIDIA in May 2007.

The interview in general wasn't that challenging. It was an initial phone call, then I was invited on campus to do an on-site interview. The interview lasted for around 5 hours ranging from experience questions, technical questions, behavioral questions, and general talk. They were very friendly and nice to talk to.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2007.

When I arrived, I did not know what was the position I was interviewed for, neither i was told it during the interview. I knew it only when I received an offer.

No. I was unemployed back then and wasn't given a chance to negotiate.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Apply through website, got contacted with HR for an phone interview. Was asked some hardware question, solving through phone, around 30 minutes. No further response. Sent email to HR to ask for process, got no response.

DFT Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Started with telephonic discussion. After telephonic interview tool 3-4 days to get one-on-one interview call. There were 4 interview rounds. Most questions were based on
    DFT concepts. Few aptitude questions were asked. Difficulty level of interview question was medium. Make sure you referesh all the DFT concepts before interview

I didnt negotiate much. they gave offer and accepted it.