NVIDIA

Updated Jan 28, 2015

3.3

SLT(Systems Level Test) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in June 2014.

Had 3 technical rounds and 1 final phone round from managers manager (more about resume), Interviewers were very good and asked only questions relevant to the job.
    The manager saw my profile on linkedin and asked me if i was available for an interview. Later on a recruiter contacted me and set up a interview. There were 3 face to face rounds of half hour each. 2 Days after the interview I was contacted by the recruiter again to schedule a phone interview with the managers manager and later on in the day I was Offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Components of a mobile system mother board? and some basic questions on computer architecture and on perl, python.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in June 2014.

Submitted resume online. Got contact from the HR in about a week. Phone interview with the hiring manager. One week later had on-site interview with 9 people. Got offer one week later.

The overall process is very efficient. I am impressed. One of the sharpest design teams I have ever come across. The management is very good, too. Sure, it is not surprising that the interview itself can be difficult to some people. This is how the company picked up the best people, right?

Interview Questions
    • Most people there have very strong background so expect lots of algorithm/design quiz. It is really not much different from, say, interview at Google.   Answer Question

Systems Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA.

The interview process usually long. Interviewers usually start questions from basics to advance. They look for talented people who has the ability to learn and think critically. During the interview, there are about 6-8 interviewers but they usually meet the candidate one at a time and 45 mins each.

Interview Questions
    They are easy to negotiate with.

ASIC Engineer Interview

contacted by HR with email and they will ask you some basic information like available time to work or relocation issue. then arranged a phone interview. they will send you the details and let you choose a time for that interview.

Interview Questions
    • gate level, digital circuit like counter, power problems   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

HR contacted to schedule phone interview with one of the team members, after clearing the first round a sec on interview was scheduled in the similar manner.

Interview Questions
    • Question regarding Logic design, Verilog ,State Machine- pattern detection, Comp Arch- Pipeline, hazards, cache, associativity, Basic Perl were asked.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Applied online. After a few emails with recruiter, I had a phone interview. They didn't ask anything about my college experience, but jumped right into technical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were difficult, but reasonable. Ultimately, I wasn't prepared for the level of expertise they expected (although I thought I was). Asked detailed questions about CPU/GPU architecture. Also, questions involving Amdahl's Law.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA.

On-campus coding interview. Was asked a few standard coding questions, told to write code on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked a question about implementing a statement without any conditionals.   Answer Question

Senior Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in April 2014.

I had a first phone interview screening. The questions were pretty basic about swap c++ function pass by value or reference, state machines. One question to find a fixed pattern 1 0 0 1 0 in a sequence. and the hardware that would detect it.

ASIC Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA in April 2014.

Applied online and got phone interview request next day. The phone interview last about 40 minutes, was asked about general digital design and CPU questions. Setup and hold, glitchless clock gating, low power design, pipeline and cache, etc.

Embedded Systems Software Engineer Interview

It was on campus career fair. We were suppose to fill in a question sheet of a specific domain, which in my case is embedded systems. There were 4 questions, and most of them were related to concepts or topics originated from operating system design. A strong knowledge of C would also help.