NVIDIA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Staffing Coordinator
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee. Then initially contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. She was really nice and asked the basic background questions. I was later invited to an on-site interview with her. The interview lasted about 1 - 1.5 hours. She asked a lot of behavioral questions. The next steps were to interview with 2 lead employees of the department. One of the interviewers was very easy-going while the other seemed very intimidating (I think she wanted to push my buttons). Nonetheless, they were professionals at interviewing, since they were recruiters. Then, the hiring manager had me do a scheduling exercise with her in the room. After the interviews, I received an email the following week stating that they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to leave your current job if your bosses have given you a lot of opportunities?   Answer Question
  • You have a candidate that is scheduled with 7 interviews for the day. After three interviews, the general consensus was that the candidate was not a good fit. The candidate still has 4 interviews left. What would you do in this case?   Answer Question

Computer Architecture Intern Interview

Computer Architecture Intern
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was asked about TLB, Cache Coherence and Design of SOCs.

Interview Question – What are the criteria to be considered while designing a GPU   Answer Question

ASIC Engineer Interview

ASIC Engineer

Interviewed at NVIDIA

Interview Details – It's quite straight forward starting with technical questions. There are total of three which are middle difficult. The content is about basic digital circuits and timing analysis.

Interview Question – It's about a clock frequency problem, something related to time borrowing.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Phone screen asked about operating systems and drivers, which I was not well versed in.

Very Difficult Interview

Architect Interview

Architect

I applied online and interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – after two midnight phone interviews i was flown in several days in advance to allow me to kick the jet lag.

i then spent 8 hours being asked hard, technical questions by 9 different people, i think.

a couple of the questions required epiphanies which i happened to have - so i was happy - but in general, i don't think those make very good interview questions. many fine interviewees are nervous and in no state to have epiphanies. conversely, you could have a middling interviewee who has heard the question before.

the final interviewer presented me with an offer. very impressive turnaround.

Interview Question – if you could do one thing to improve a GPU, what would it be?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineering Intern Interview

Hardware Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Came to nvidia booth at my college's career fair in September.
First email sent by HR in late October. Took around 4 weeks to get the first email.
Three round of interviews.

Interview Question – Describe several factors that affect the chip's performance such as voltage and vdd, and also explain why.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at NVIDIA

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews. Very technical .I was asked to code on collabedit. Then I was invited onsite to santa clara. 5 different interviews

Interview Question – os, multi threading ,c questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – had another better offer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – 6 telephonic rounds --> 5 rounds technical + 1 HR. Then they took 2 weeks to tell the result.

Interview Question – Questions about signal processing..   Answer Question

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Senior Verification Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Surprisingly HR responded 2 days after my application. Got a phone call within a week. The position required a UVM expert. The interviewer mainly focused on UVM and verification basics apart from some text book Qs.
Phone Interview Qs (mostly UVM):
7. How to print messages in UVM
8. Associative arrays
9. Virtual interfaces, why do you need them
10. Types of fork join

Interview Question – Benefits of a monitor: Interviewer had a problem understanding my response.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Software Engineer Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Answer questions on school interview, then I was contacted by a recruiter a week after. One phone interview, basic data structure stuff.

Interview Question – questions are fairly easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation since it is an internship position

Interviews for Top Jobs at NVIDIA