NVIDIA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.3

RF Engineer Interview

Had 8 people interview on site. 1 HR, 1 mech, 6 rf related. Good interview. No tricky questions. Rf interviews were typical rf questions linearity, noise figure, rx sensitivity, papr, lte, wcdma related.

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in August 2014.

Submit the application online and wait. It may be several weeks before you hear anything so if you are between jobs this may not work for you.

This was a phone screen covering past work, architecture type questions and OS questions. A simple coding question was also ask but this was not an interactive session.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep hardware registers from being cached?   View Answer

3D Vision Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Submitted resume and cover letter online and received an email within three days to set up a phone interview. It was relatively straight forward and they invited me to the campus. I met with at least six people to discuss my background and experience. I prepped a lot and the interview ended up being easier than anticipated. Left on good terms and hiring manager told me to expect a call the following week. Unfortunately they told me they had a hiring freeze and the requisition was placed on hold. No offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers tested me on my capabilities but I don't recall any difficult questions. Research your position and responsibilities.   Answer Question

ASIC Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA in August 2014.

Contacted by HR. Was asked questions on digital logic design, static timing analysis and c programming. Interview was purely technical. The difficulty level was high.
    Question 1. What is setup time? what is hold time?
    Question 2. Which is better setup or hold time violation?
    Question 3. If we have a setup constraint in the given circuit how can we solve it?
    Question 4. Was given a circuit and told that there is a setup violation, how to solve it?

Interview Questions
    • Which is better, setup time or hold time violation?   View Answer

Hardware Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

interviewed at NVIDIA in August 2014.

I had two technical phone interviews and then I got invited to the Santa Clara office for the on-site interview. I meet with 7 people, 6 of which where from the team I am joining and the last person was from the HR. The on-site interview was intense, lots of coding and research related questions. However, it was a great experience. All the people I met with were nice and professional. I got a good offer within a week and I accepted it with no hesitance.

I did not negotiate.

Hardware Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Called through career fair
    3 phone interviews - mix of technical basics, riddles, HR based and about the company.
    Each interview lasted around 30-40 mins.
    The process took 2 months
    Got the offer a week after the final interview

Interview Questions
    • You're shrunk and put in a blender, how will you get out ?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Did a phone interview with three different people over the course of two days. They asked very good questions relevant to the position. They did not ask any weird or misleading questions. Two days after the phone interview I was invited onsite to do an in-person interview with six different people. The vice president of the group was the only person who I felt was trying to trick me, and he was not very technical. Everyone else was proficient in their area and asked relevant and good questions (some of which I could not answer).

Interview Questions
    • Vice President: "What do you know about the Tegra3 processor."   Answer Question
    I received a pretty good oral offer from Nvidia by phone. I did not receive the written offer for three weeks. During that three week period I turned down two offers from other companies. When I finally got the written offer from Nvidia it was 10% less than the oral offer; no stock options; no relocation package. NVIDIA is NOT to be trusted with salary negotiation. Accept an oral offer at your own risk.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Applied through website, previous experince help. The HR will contact you once you have applied there. The interview process is tiring. I ahvd 8-9 interviews. Expect 2 phone and 7 on site interviews

Interview Questions
    • some tricky questions related to design, computer architecture   Answer Question

Senior ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in June 2014.

Was contacted on Linkedin. Initial phone interview was scheduled in a few days, followed by a 4 hour onsite interview (5 people @ 45 min each), the 5th was the team manager.

The phone interview was really standard -- data structures, UVM, ASIC performance, Big O notation, etc. The onsite interview was divided as follows:
    1) UVM basics and testbench development
    2) Cache design
    3) C++ questions (strings, arrays, data structures, etc.)
    4) Digital Design questions
    5) General overview questions, background etc. (With manager of the group).

Salary was not up to my standards and manager didn't leave room to negotiate.

SLT(Systems Level Test) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Had 3 technical rounds and 1 final phone round from managers manager (more about resume), Interviewers were very good and asked only questions relevant to the job.
    The manager saw my profile on linkedin and asked me if i was available for an interview. Later on a recruiter contacted me and set up a interview. There were 3 face to face rounds of half hour each. 2 Days after the interview I was contacted by the recruiter again to schedule a phone interview with the managers manager and later on in the day I was Offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Components of a mobile system mother board? and some basic questions on computer architecture and on perl, python.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.