NVIDIA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Corvallis, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted Resume and given small test during job fair and got a phone interview. Asked about data structures and java frameworks. Questions were easy and I thought I replied back well. But they have urgent requirement in their specific module. Got a positive feedback though.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I applied online through my university careers website. The interview was a phone screen for about 45 minutes. First question was a puzzle question. Then he asked an algorithmic question on linked lists. Final question was on Object oriented programming.

Interview Questions

• To find the minimum number of weighing required to find the lighter box among 8 boxes using a balance.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I applied in January,2014. Got a call after 2 days. Initial interview was formal introduction. They set up a technical interview a day later. Questions: (1) OpenGL pipeline (2) Draw triangle in openGL, texturing (3)Shaders, GLSL (4)Basic C++ , Array vector difference, data structure.

Interview Questions

• I stumbled upon shaders questions as I had not used it before.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2014.

Interview

Was referred to the HR by a friend. Got the call in 3 days and set up an interview in a week. I was a little confused since the position was a software intern and I was interviewed by a hardware design engineer! Anyways, he dove straight into the technical questions and didnt waste any time on the typical "Describe yourself".."Strengths, weaknesses" kind of questions. Started off with some OOPs concepts- Polymorphism, Inheritance....examples Then moved onto data structures- Hashtables, Big O of it, How to take care of collusions n stuff! Then he gave a progrmaming problem and was asked to solve it on a collaborative screen sharing software. Kinda fumbled here with a few things, but fixed the bugs as and when he prompted me. He was helpful in that regard. AFter that, he asked some basic DB questions...contraints .. That was it. Lasted for about an hour.

Interview

Interviewed through career fair. Questions are given regarding computer architecture, C/C++ coding, circuit design, FSM. Though questions are seemingly not difficult, they are very difficult to answer comprehensively, and missing points will leave a negative expression.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied at the college job fair. They assigned us several problems before receiving resumes. Common digital circuits questions like designing sequence detectors. The booth is small and crowded and noisy and it's a little challenge to answer those questions as quickly as you can do in an exam.

Interview Questions

Interview

Got an phone interview notification. Preparing for 2 days. All the questions are easy resume questions. They asked FIFO design, CMT design, set-up time and hold time violation. The whole process goes very smoothly and there is nothing special. But as I'm not gonna graduate this year, they declined me.

Interview Questions

• What's the advantage of one-hot coding   2 Answers

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for the systems software engineer job posting online. After a month of applying, the HR reached out to me and the telephonic interview timings were sent by email by one of the HR's. They were quite flexible when it came to interview timings and date. The interview process was very structured and professional

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly on RTOS and its concepts. Questions ranged from what is a semaphore, difference between semaphore and mutex, how would you design a system where 2 threads are trying to access a shared resource at the same time. FInally i got a dynamic problem - write a program which accepts user data of any type ( it can be a variable, array, structure, pointers etc) and sorts it. I did not know the solution to this question   Answer Question

Performance Tester Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2014.

Interview

Very straightforward. All technical. They don't care about your personality. The interviewer had a thick accent. He cut me off if ever he detected I was offering more information to an answer than necessary.

Interview Questions

• Have you built a computer? Then they whipped out a motherboard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

A staffing coordinator contacted me to pass some 24 hours assignments for a computer vision opportunity. I have passed the assignment, and managed it. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstood since the position was a full time role... And I was only seeking an internship.

Interview Questions

• parallel programming of maximum single-sell profit algorithm with pthread/openmp   Answer Question