NVIDIA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.3

Interview

Interviewed through career fair. Questions are given regarding computer architecture, C/C++ coding, circuit design, FSM. Though questions are seemingly not difficult, they are very difficult to answer comprehensively, and missing points will leave a negative expression.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied at the college job fair. They assigned us several problems before receiving resumes. Common digital circuits questions like designing sequence detectors. The booth is small and crowded and noisy and it's a little challenge to answer those questions as quickly as you can do in an exam.

Interview Questions

Interview

Got an phone interview notification. Preparing for 2 days. All the questions are easy resume questions. They asked FIFO design, CMT design, set-up time and hold time violation. The whole process goes very smoothly and there is nothing special. But as I'm not gonna graduate this year, they declined me.

Interview Questions

• What's the advantage of one-hot coding   2 Answers

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for the systems software engineer job posting online. After a month of applying, the HR reached out to me and the telephonic interview timings were sent by email by one of the HR's. They were quite flexible when it came to interview timings and date. The interview process was very structured and professional

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly on RTOS and its concepts. Questions ranged from what is a semaphore, difference between semaphore and mutex, how would you design a system where 2 threads are trying to access a shared resource at the same time. FInally i got a dynamic problem - write a program which accepts user data of any type ( it can be a variable, array, structure, pointers etc) and sorts it. I did not know the solution to this question   Answer Question

Performance Tester Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2014.

Interview

Very straightforward. All technical. They don't care about your personality. The interviewer had a thick accent. He cut me off if ever he detected I was offering more information to an answer than necessary.

Interview Questions

• Have you built a computer? Then they whipped out a motherboard.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

A staffing coordinator contacted me to pass some 24 hours assignments for a computer vision opportunity. I have passed the assignment, and managed it. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstood since the position was a full time role... And I was only seeking an internship.

Interview Questions

• parallel programming of maximum single-sell profit algorithm with pthread/openmp   Answer Question

Device Drivers Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process started with two 30 minute technical phone interviews. In both they immediately started with technical questions. The second interviewer wasn't even aware that I previously had an interview. They flew me to their headquarters and I had a full day of interviews. There were six 50 minute technical interviews. Each one was lead by a different engineer. I also had lunch with the head of the team and he asked me more general questions about my experience and what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• The onsite interview questions all involved solving some problem and writing the code on a whiteboard. The questions were mostly low-level problems like addition of arbitrarily large integers or copying memory.   Answer Question

Emulation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview takes up 30 mins. Interviewer talked about his job responsibility at first, so much. Then, he asked me about resume in details and also pointed out several points for detailed description, including tcl and AP&R.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Initial communication through email, and then had couple rounds of interview and both were technical. It took weeks to get a response, probably they were not sure about match between my skills and the job position

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I reached NVIDIA on a campus career fair. The recruiters were straightforward, they gave candidates a quiz consists of 4 questions. If the questions are completed correctly, they might give you a phone interview a couple of weeks after. The quiz is about the difficult you may expect from a homework or a midterm from some classes of a junior student in electrical engineering. I remember one question is asking you to draw the MOSFETs inside a AND gate. Other questions are from digital circuits. The phone interview is pretty easy, only asked about conceptual questions, no computations involved.