NVIDIA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

A staffing coordinator contacted me to pass some 24 hours assignments for a computer vision opportunity. I have passed the assignment, and managed it. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstood since the position was a full time role... And I was only seeking an internship.

Interview Questions

• parallel programming of maximum single-sell profit algorithm with pthread/openmp   Answer Question

Emulation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview takes up 30 mins. Interviewer talked about his job responsibility at first, so much. Then, he asked me about resume in details and also pointed out several points for detailed description, including tcl and AP&R.

Device Drivers Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process started with two 30 minute technical phone interviews. In both they immediately started with technical questions. The second interviewer wasn't even aware that I previously had an interview. They flew me to their headquarters and I had a full day of interviews. There were six 50 minute technical interviews. Each one was lead by a different engineer. I also had lunch with the head of the team and he asked me more general questions about my experience and what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• The onsite interview questions all involved solving some problem and writing the code on a whiteboard. The questions were mostly low-level problems like addition of arbitrarily large integers or copying memory.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Initial communication through email, and then had couple rounds of interview and both were technical. It took weeks to get a response, probably they were not sure about match between my skills and the job position

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I reached NVIDIA on a campus career fair. The recruiters were straightforward, they gave candidates a quiz consists of 4 questions. If the questions are completed correctly, they might give you a phone interview a couple of weeks after. The quiz is about the difficult you may expect from a homework or a midterm from some classes of a junior student in electrical engineering. I remember one question is asking you to draw the MOSFETs inside a AND gate. Other questions are from digital circuits. The phone interview is pretty easy, only asked about conceptual questions, no computations involved.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2014.

Interview

Got a phone interview 1 week after submitting application in career fair. The questions are really simple but linked tight with your experiences in your resume. Knowing that I worked with some compiler project, the interviewer asked me questions about compiler. After that, some technical questions were asked. Big number might be one of the most common questions NVIDIA interviewer will ask. So be careful.

Hardware Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2014.

Interview

I had 4 rounds of interview for 2 teams. Every interview lasted around an hour with varying level of questions. It was an enjoyable but rather long process. The questions ranged from very basic to pretty tricky puzzles, nothing too hard. However the number of interviews and period in between them makes the whole process tiring.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Raleigh, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

NSCU hosts career fairs for every semester. NVIDIA hires only through career fairs. I went to that career fair and was happened to got interviewed.There was a big line and companies like these have more demand. There were different panels for different positions. I am interested in ASIC design engineering and applied to same. I was asked about my interests and was handed out a piece of paper which contained questions

Interview Questions

• Handed out a paper which has several questions on computer architecture. Basic questions such as pipeline structure and asked to draw binary sequence detector   1 Answer

RF Engineer Interview

Interview

Had 8 people interview on site. 1 HR, 1 mech, 6 rf related. Good interview. No tricky questions. Rf interviews were typical rf questions linearity, noise figure, rx sensitivity, papr, lte, wcdma related.

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Submit the application online and wait. It may be several weeks before you hear anything so if you are between jobs this may not work for you. This was a phone screen covering past work, architecture type questions and OS questions. A simple coding question was also ask but this was not an interactive session.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep hardware registers from being cached?   1 Answer