NVIDIA

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

3.3

Infrastructure Architect Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

I was contacted for a phone screen, the next step (presumably) would be an on-site interview. This is after a quick test at my university's career fair 3 weeks ago.

Interview Questions
    • Why is the string class in Java immutable?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a hashtable and hashmap in Java?   Answer Question
    • Explain the differences in design between REST and SOAP web services   Answer Question

Director, Marketing Interview

NVIDIA has a thorough process for interviewing. Expect to speak to between 5-12 people for any Director of above position. Rapid succession interviews with a lot of very smart people can be tiring.

Verification Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2014.

just talk some basic questiones in verilog and c. the interviewer is much care about the basic questions, but if you get a wrong answer, you can feel he looses his interest in you

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2014.

face to face oncampus recruiting

Test Engineer Interview

they asked me whether i knew the tester well and because of my knowledge of the tester from intel, it went really well

ASIC Engineer Interview Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Phone call after on campus recruitment. Question sheet contains problems like RTL design, some knowledge of FPGA, c programming, design verification.

The phone call asked about almost the same question, but more specific. I cannot remember the details of some of my projects, so get prepared for the questions about your experience and projects.

Interview Questions
    • Design palindrome pattern recognition circuits and verify that circuit.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I received a phone call interview after I answered the question paper on campus recruitment. The question paper was not hard for EE undergraduate student. Questions about drawing CMOS static logic gates, delay analysis and binary number calculation were asked.
    The phone call interview asked similar questions as well. Question about bit pattern recognition by using state machine was asked. I didn't prepare for it and didn't answer it very well.

Interview Questions
    • Bit pattern recognition by using state machine.   View Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

The interviewer was friendly, helping me go in the right direction of an answer when needed. Basics of digital design and C programming were focused

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NVIDIA.

I was referred by an employee. Then initially contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. She was really nice and asked the basic background questions. I was later invited to an on-site interview with her. The interview lasted about 1 - 1.5 hours. She asked a lot of behavioral questions. The next steps were to interview with 2 lead employees of the department. One of the interviewers was very easy-going while the other seemed very intimidating (I think she wanted to push my buttons). Nonetheless, they were professionals at interviewing, since they were recruiters. Then, the hiring manager had me do a scheduling exercise with her in the room. After the interviews, I received an email the following week stating that they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to leave your current job if your bosses have given you a lot of opportunities?   Answer Question
    • You have a candidate that is scheduled with 7 interviews for the day. After three interviews, the general consensus was that the candidate was not a good fit. The candidate still has 4 interviews left. What would you do in this case?   Answer Question

ASIC Engineer Interview

It's quite straight forward starting with technical questions. There are total of three which are middle difficult. The content is about basic digital circuits and timing analysis.

Interview Questions
    • It's about a clock frequency problem, something related to time borrowing.   Answer Question