NVIDIA Memory Validation Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, got an email from HR and a phone interview was set up for a week later. The interviewer never called, I emailed HR to reschedule, and the interviewer called right back. The call lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Square Wave has a period of 1 GHz, Vpp = 1Volt, what will be the voltage displayed on the O-Scope with BW of 1 GHz   1 Answer
  • What happens if all harmonics are removed from a square wave?   1 Answer
  • What do you know about Spread Spectrum?   Answer Question
  • How many harmonics are necessary to view a waveform on the scope?   Answer Question
  • How do you check PCIe Ref Clk?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

2 phone interviews and one 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

• Questions on reflection coefficients, return loss, insertion loss, return currents in PCB, EMI concerns, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NVIDIA (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview - looking for knowledge specific to my job
    On-site interview in Austin - mix of general knowledge, specific questions about memory and lots of questions about scopes and jitter measurements
    On-site interview in CA - similar to Austin interview. They flew me out for about 36 hours to talk to 4 team members. This was good because I was considering moving to CA and I was glad that I got to see it first, because I stayed in Austin.

I was an interviewer at my old job, so I asked dozens of other people the kinds of questions that they asked me, so I think I breezed through it.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure cycle to cycle jitter on a scope (assuming you don't have JIT3 package?   1 Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current job after 8 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked what I made. I did not tell them what I made, but I said: "This is the amount for which I will leave my current company." Using glassdoor, I knew what the range was for this position, and I aimed a little higher than average. Also, I told them that I had a sizeable amount of RSUs. They matched what I asked for for salary and beat my current unvested RSU amount. I was very happy with the benefits package.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews in succession with 45min each. Questions were related to ASIC, Verilog, Programming, DFT, Verification, etc.