NVIDIA Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Apr 1, 2015

3.3

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The first round is 60 min phone interview. There is no questions on my project, and almost all of the questions are technical. The questions covers software C++ algorithm, hardware FSM and computer architecture pipelines.

Interview Questions

• 1. Swap function: difference between pass by value and pass by reference
      2. Fibonacci series. Two implementation: for loop and recursive.
      3. The usage of constant, constant functions
      4. Detect sequence pattern in FSM.

Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted via LinkedIn and asked to forward resume. Recruiter promptly scheduled telephone conference with a manager. Screening Manager called me on time, asked good questions. Recruiter scheduled me for on site interview with hiring Executive. I arrived on time at the headquarters. Hiring manager arrived about 10 minutes late. He described his business. Then started reading my resume while I waited. Then mid way through reading, he asked me four questions, one at a time. Each time I answered (concisely), he would interrupt mid-way and ask the next question. He asked me on question that was appropriate for the CEO of my company and came up with his own (self serving) answer. Then he said he did not see a match.
    I have never been interrupted so many times while speaking at an interview. The whole thing lasted 30 minutes. I felt that he was trying to find a way to reject me right from the start.

Interview Questions

• Q: How can you contribute to the department within this company?   1 Answer
    • Q: What are your key strengths?   1 Answer
    • Q: Why should I buy your companies products over generic third party IT hardware?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA).

Interview

One technical interview with lots of detailed questions.Some are easy, but some are very hard. They would like to find a person know the details of the tools. After the phone interview, the interviewer asked me to do a 24 hour coding exam, which is to implementing mycollate and myfree.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

3 phone interview, 2 technical and 1 interpersonal with the hiring manager. First phone interviews technical question was to write a binary search tree class in C, it should implement insertions, deletions and search functions. Second interview technical question was to implement a clipping algorithm in pseudo-code that could handle more clip windows than were supported in hardware. Third interview had a number of personal and moral questions. Made it to the on-site. Was asked to write my own implementation of Tail in C, was asked to write an algorithm in C that would determine if a point lay within any polygonal bounding area, and was asked to write a function that could print any UTF string in reverse. Lunch interview where I was allowed to ask question about the company, and then a personal interview with HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Definitely the point contained within the bounding polygon. Was expecting to be asked a question about a point bound in a rectangle, but not bound by any polygon.   Answer Question

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for the systems software engineer job posting online. After a month of applying, the HR reached out to me and the telephonic interview timings were sent by email by one of the HR's. They were quite flexible when it came to interview timings and date. The interview process was very structured and professional

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly on RTOS and its concepts. Questions ranged from what is a semaphore, difference between semaphore and mutex, how would you design a system where 2 threads are trying to access a shared resource at the same time. FInally i got a dynamic problem - write a program which accepts user data of any type ( it can be a variable, array, structure, pointers etc) and
      sorts it. I did not know the solution to this question

Answer Question

Device Drivers Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process started with two 30 minute technical phone interviews. In both they immediately started with technical questions. The second interviewer wasn't even aware that I previously had an interview. They flew me to their headquarters and I had a full day of interviews. There were six 50 minute technical interviews. Each one was lead by a different engineer. I also had lunch with the head of the team and he asked me more general questions about my experience and what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• The onsite interview questions all involved solving some problem and writing the code on a whiteboard. The questions were mostly low-level problems like addition of arbitrarily large integers or copying memory.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

A staffing coordinator contacted me to pass some 24 hours assignments for a computer vision opportunity.

I have passed the assignment, and managed it.

Unfortunately, there was a misunderstood since the position was a full time role... And I was only seeking an internship.

Interview Questions

• parallel programming of maximum single-sell profit algorithm with pthread/openmp   Answer Question

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Submit the application online and wait. It may be several weeks before you hear anything so if you are between jobs this may not work for you.

This was a phone screen covering past work, architecture type questions and OS questions. A simple coding question was also ask but this was not an interactive session.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep hardware registers from being cached?   1 Answer

3D Vision Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter online and received an email within three days to set up a phone interview. It was relatively straight forward and they invited me to the campus. I met with at least six people to discuss my background and experience. I prepped a lot and the interview ended up being easier than anticipated. Left on good terms and hiring manager told me to expect a call the following week. Unfortunately they told me they had a hiring freeze and the requisition was placed on hold. No offer.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers tested me on my capabilities but I don't recall any difficult questions. Research your position and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Hardware Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had two technical phone interviews and then I got invited to the Santa Clara office for the on-site interview. I meet with 7 people, 6 of which where from the team I am joining and the last person was from the HR. The on-site interview was intense, lots of coding and research related questions. However, it was a great experience. All the people I met with were nice and professional. I got a good offer within a week and I accepted it with no hesitance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.