NVIDIA Interview Questions & Reviews in San Jose, CA

3.3

139 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

3D Vision Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Submitted resume and cover letter online and received an email within three days to set up a phone interview. It was relatively straight forward and they invited me to the campus. I met with at least six people to discuss my background and experience. I prepped a lot and the interview ended up being easier than anticipated. Left on good terms and hiring manager told me to expect a call the following week. Unfortunately they told me they had a hiring freeze and the requisition was placed on hold. No offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers tested me on my capabilities but I don't recall any difficult questions. Research your position and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Senior ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2014.

Was contacted on Linkedin. Initial phone interview was scheduled in a few days, followed by a 4 hour onsite interview (5 people @ 45 min each), the 5th was the team manager.

The phone interview was really standard -- data structures, UVM, ASIC performance, Big O notation, etc. The onsite interview was divided as follows:
    1) UVM basics and testbench development
    2) Cache design
    3) C++ questions (strings, arrays, data structures, etc.)
    4) Digital Design questions
    5) General overview questions, background etc. (With manager of the group).

Salary was not up to my standards and manager didn't leave room to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2014.

Recruiter call followed by a technical phone interview
    Asked question on basic c concepts and string questions
    The team actually wanted a experienced candidate and the interviewer gave a positive review that they are going to get back in a day and schedule onsite but the recruiter said they did not need anyone now and and interview was scheduled

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2011.

Talked with one person, very simple algorithm question regarding lists. No specific language, able to psudeo-code. Asked about experiences and past projects, what I did I school.
    Wanted to know about experience with android and system building

SLT(Systems Level Test) Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Had 3 technical rounds and 1 final phone round from managers manager (more about resume), Interviewers were very good and asked only questions relevant to the job.
    The manager saw my profile on linkedin and asked me if i was available for an interview. Later on a recruiter contacted me and set up a interview. There were 3 face to face rounds of half hour each. 2 Days after the interview I was contacted by the recruiter again to schedule a phone interview with the managers manager and later on in the day I was Offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Components of a mobile system mother board? and some basic questions on computer architecture and on perl, python.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Did a phone interview with three different people over the course of two days. They asked very good questions relevant to the position. They did not ask any weird or misleading questions. Two days after the phone interview I was invited onsite to do an in-person interview with six different people. The vice president of the group was the only person who I felt was trying to trick me, and he was not very technical. Everyone else was proficient in their area and asked relevant and good questions (some of which I could not answer).

Interview Questions
    • Vice President: "What do you know about the Tegra3 processor."   Answer Question
    I received a pretty good oral offer from Nvidia by phone. I did not receive the written offer for three weeks. During that three week period I turned down two offers from other companies. When I finally got the written offer from Nvidia it was 10% less than the oral offer; no stock options; no relocation package. NVIDIA is NOT to be trusted with salary negotiation. Accept an oral offer at your own risk.

Lead Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2011.

Relative quick interview process (for me at least). One phone interview with who turned out to be my boss, then one full day of interviews (10 am - 5 pm). I've heard that if you are asked to stay after lunch, then they are interested in getting you hired on.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Not easy per se, but not unexpected either   Answer Question

Computer Vision Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in December 2013.

I spoke to the hiring manager first as a screening step. This was then followed by a technical interview with a senior engineer in a slightly different role. I didn't pass this stage because I thought the role demanded more software knowledge as opposed to knowledge of Computer Vision algorithms for which the job posting was made

Interview Questions
    • What is meant by virtual memory?
      Time complexity of insertion in Linked List vs. Array?
      Smoothing an image - what filter to use?
      Salt and pepper noise removal?
      Memory storage - heap vs stack?
        Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2013.

I applied for the Senior ASIC Design Engineer position online. I was contacted by NVDIA HR recruiter by email. She asked me for a good time for telephonic interview and it was setup. I was interviewed by one engineer over telephone. After the telephonic interview the recruiter setup an onsite technical interview. i was interviewed by 5 people during the technical interview. It went well and I was offered a position at the company.

ASIC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2014.

Just 1st interview. Just started with the phone interview. It will be 45 min. HR just mailed for the ASIC Engineer position. Topics to be covered is logic design, architecture and C

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!