NVIDIA

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NVIDIA.

One technical interview with lots of detailed questions.Some are easy, but some are very hard. They would like to find a person know the details of the tools. After the phone interview, the interviewer asked me to do a 24 hour coding exam, which is to implementing mycollate and myfree.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in November 2014.

3 phone interview, 2 technical and 1 interpersonal with the hiring manager. First phone interviews technical question was to write a binary search tree class in C, it should implement insertions, deletions and search functions. Second interview technical question was to implement a clipping algorithm in pseudo-code that could handle more clip windows than were supported in hardware. Third interview had a number of personal and moral questions. Made it to the on-site. Was asked to write my own implementation of Tail in C, was asked to write an algorithm in C that would determine if a point lay within any polygonal bounding area, and was asked to write a function that could print any UTF string in reverse. Lunch interview where I was allowed to ask question about the company, and then a personal interview with HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Definitely the point contained within the bounding polygon. Was expecting to be asked a question about a point bound in a rectangle, but not bound by any polygon.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2014.

A staffing coordinator contacted me to pass some 24 hours assignments for a computer vision opportunity.

I have passed the assignment, and managed it.

Unfortunately, there was a misunderstood since the position was a full time role... And I was only seeking an internship.

Interview Questions
    • parallel programming of maximum single-sell profit algorithm with pthread/openmp   Answer Question

Device Drivers Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2014.

The interview process started with two 30 minute technical phone interviews. In both they immediately started with technical questions. The second interviewer wasn't even aware that I previously had an interview. They flew me to their headquarters and I had a full day of interviews. There were six 50 minute technical interviews. Each one was lead by a different engineer. I also had lunch with the head of the team and he asked me more general questions about my experience and what I was looking for.

Interview Questions
    • The onsite interview questions all involved solving some problem and writing the code on a whiteboard. The questions were mostly low-level problems like addition of arbitrarily large integers or copying memory.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in August 2014.

Submit the application online and wait. It may be several weeks before you hear anything so if you are between jobs this may not work for you.

This was a phone screen covering past work, architecture type questions and OS questions. A simple coding question was also ask but this was not an interactive session.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep hardware registers from being cached?   View Answer

3D Vision Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Submitted resume and cover letter online and received an email within three days to set up a phone interview. It was relatively straight forward and they invited me to the campus. I met with at least six people to discuss my background and experience. I prepped a lot and the interview ended up being easier than anticipated. Left on good terms and hiring manager told me to expect a call the following week. Unfortunately they told me they had a hiring freeze and the requisition was placed on hold. No offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers tested me on my capabilities but I don't recall any difficult questions. Research your position and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Hardware Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

interviewed at NVIDIA in August 2014.

I had two technical phone interviews and then I got invited to the Santa Clara office for the on-site interview. I meet with 7 people, 6 of which where from the team I am joining and the last person was from the HR. The on-site interview was intense, lots of coding and research related questions. However, it was a great experience. All the people I met with were nice and professional. I got a good offer within a week and I accepted it with no hesitance.

I did not negotiate.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Did a phone interview with three different people over the course of two days. They asked very good questions relevant to the position. They did not ask any weird or misleading questions. Two days after the phone interview I was invited onsite to do an in-person interview with six different people. The vice president of the group was the only person who I felt was trying to trick me, and he was not very technical. Everyone else was proficient in their area and asked relevant and good questions (some of which I could not answer).

Interview Questions
    • Vice President: "What do you know about the Tegra3 processor."   Answer Question
    I received a pretty good oral offer from Nvidia by phone. I did not receive the written offer for three weeks. During that three week period I turned down two offers from other companies. When I finally got the written offer from Nvidia it was 10% less than the oral offer; no stock options; no relocation package. NVIDIA is NOT to be trusted with salary negotiation. Accept an oral offer at your own risk.

Senior ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in June 2014.

Was contacted on Linkedin. Initial phone interview was scheduled in a few days, followed by a 4 hour onsite interview (5 people @ 45 min each), the 5th was the team manager.

The phone interview was really standard -- data structures, UVM, ASIC performance, Big O notation, etc. The onsite interview was divided as follows:
    1) UVM basics and testbench development
    2) Cache design
    3) C++ questions (strings, arrays, data structures, etc.)
    4) Digital Design questions
    5) General overview questions, background etc. (With manager of the group).

Salary was not up to my standards and manager didn't leave room to negotiate.

ASIC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2014.

Just 1st interview. Just started with the phone interview. It will be 45 min. HR just mailed for the ASIC Engineer position. Topics to be covered is logic design, architecture and C