NVIDIA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Memory Validation Engineer Interview

Memory Validation Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2011.

Interview Details – 5 rounds of interviews in succession with 45min each. Questions were related to ASIC, Verilog, Programming, DFT, Verification, etc.

Interview Question – Memory test related questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – One of the Nvidia employee referred me. Got email from recruiter afterwards and arranged interviews. I was told which team that was interested in me, and who was gonna interview me. There were two rounds of phone interviews, one from the team member and the other from the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Very reasonable questions, most of which are basic computer science knowledges and algorithms. One of the interview talked a lot with me after the interview process, providing a lot of tips in terms of what should a student looking for an intern expecting, and how to develop your career, etc. Really helpful cos most interviewers won't talk to interviewees about these topics, and I think answers to these questions are important.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – 3 Phone interviews, first 2 were technical interviews with various members of the team, third interview ended up being more HR oriented with minimal technical questions. The offer came in after the third interview.
Doing the interviews on the phone was a little akward, especially when I had to write a C++ implementation of breadth first search and read my solution line by line. There was also an instance where my interviewer missed my second interview and we had to reschedule. All in all though, these things happen, and I felt the interviews were effective at testing my knowledge and they were pretty prompt about getting back to me.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say there was a most difficult question. There were numerous data structure/algorithm questions involving linked lists, hash tables, and operations on binary representations of algorithms. There were also questions about operating systems. I remember virtual memory and paging came up more than once.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, offer was very reasonable.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – two phone interviews, no on-site yet

Interview Question – system architecture questions   Answer Question

ASIC Design Intern Interview

ASIC Design Intern
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NVIDIA in October 2013.

Interview Details – After writing the test at university career fair, received a mail from HR for a phone interview. Had 2 technical rounds of 45 min each.
The first round was taken by the hiring manager who asked basic questions on Verilog coding, caches, pipelines, data forwarding, branch prediction and FIFO design. The second interview was tougher with questions on instruction cache hit latency, multi-threading, branch misprediction, livelock, setup time, hold time, clock skew/jitter, Dennard scaling and its issues and different transistor level implementations of a mux.
The whole process took 3 months and I had to constantly contact the HR for an update on my status.

Interview Questions

• How is processor performance affected when the instruction cache hit latency increases? How do you overcome that?   View Answers (2)
  • What are the different ways of implementing a multiplexor at transistor-level? Compare them in terms of least delay?   View Answer

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Staffing Coordinator
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee. Then initially contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. She was really nice and asked the basic background questions. I was later invited to an on-site interview with her. The interview lasted about 1 - 1.5 hours. She asked a lot of behavioral questions. The next steps were to interview with 2 lead employees of the department. One of the interviewers was very easy-going while the other seemed very intimidating (I think she wanted to push my buttons). Nonetheless, they were professionals at interviewing, since they were recruiters. Then, the hiring manager had me do a scheduling exercise with her in the room. After the interviews, I received an email the following week stating that they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to leave your current job if your bosses have given you a lot of opportunities?   Answer Question
  • You have a candidate that is scheduled with 7 interviews for the day. After three interviews, the general consensus was that the candidate was not a good fit. The candidate still has 4 interviews left. What would you do in this case?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – 6 telephonic rounds --> 5 rounds technical + 1 HR. Then they took 2 weeks to tell the result.

Interview Question – Questions about signal processing..   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, waiting to hear how I did.

Interview Question – Given a 32 bit unsigned integer, write a function (in C) that returns a count of how many bits are "1".   Answer Question

Hardware Intern Interview

Hardware Intern
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Had 2 phone interviews. One with the team lead and one more with the manager. Both of them technical interviews.

Interview Question – Questions asked were based onn FSM design, serial to parallel converter, modulo 5 operation in Verilog, clock domain crossing.   Answer Question

ASIC Physical Design Engineer (Hardware Engineer) Interview

ASIC Physical Design Engineer (Hardware Engineer)
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Screenings : 1 onsite screen for 1.5 hours at Santa Clara Office.
                        1 phone interview for 1 hour.
5 hours of onsite. 5 interviews with physical design team.

All the rounds were based on one single topic : Satic Timing Analysis.

4 rounds were ok, they asked different questions in STA to check my basics. 1 round was very difficult...that guy was the senior principal engineer. He said he was the consultant for all the groups in backend design. His questions were very tough. He tested my thinking, he wasn't looking for answers.

Interview Question – 1.Inverted temperature effect on STA. the question was based on temperature effects on delay below 65nm technology. how STA works under those conditions at different corners.

2. An interesting question about how latency affects jitter.

3. Maximums kew allowed when lock up latches are used.

4. OCV n questions based on it.

5. CRPR.

6. how does a cell get min n max delay?

7. spef file contents, questions about star-rd extractor working.

8. Internship exp based questions.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate. They gave a very good offer. more than what i expected.