NVIDIA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2011.

Interview Details – Messaged from a recruiter on LinkedIn, later set up a phone screen, and then a subsequent phone screen. After passing those I was flown in to Santa Clara for an onsite interview, where I had seven 45-minute interviews.

Interview Question – Delete a node from an XOR-linked list   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2013.

Interview Details – The HR contacted me via email seeing my LinkedIn profile. I had two phone interviews basically asking about my resume and experience. Few programming questions were also asked. Like explain an algorithm to show if a given set of strings is a subset of another set of strings. What is its O(n)? After passing the two phone interview, I was invited for onsite interview. The interview was really good. Interviewers were really kind and made me feel comfortable. The interview lasted for 5 hours. 6 people interviewed me(one was HR). Here are some of the interview questions :
1. a) Print each character is the reverse order. Eg : Input : " I just finished my lunch"
                                                  Output : " hcnul ym dehsinif tsuj I"
    b) Reverse each word in the sentence . Output : " lunch my finished just I"

2. Reverse all the bits in 32bit int.

3. A question on merge sort. It was a little complicated involving two processor communication. One processor had a sorted list and the other also had a sorted list. Write a program to merge the list in a memory accessible to both the processors. (I know I am not clear on the explanation of the question, basically you will have to know how merge sort works )

4. Why is branching a bad thing for a processor? How does it slow the process down.

5. Given that in a switch statement, there are very large number of cases(say 10000). How best can you improve the O(n)? What data structure can you implement and how. FYI, each case statement can be a function. (Switch case statement is also branching ...)

6. Implement a 3x3 averaging filter(not considering the center pixel) given an image,width and height. What is the minimum memory needed to perform this action.

Interview Question – Not too many unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Systems Software Engineering Intern Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Met them at a career fair and was contacted subsequently. After about a week, I had a phone interview that comprised of some basic algorithms questions and discussions on my prior projects. The interview was a little less than an hour long. I did really well and was then invited onsite.
One of the scheduled interviewers did not make it and was replaced by some one else. There were 4 rounds.
i) with manager: a really interesting problem but the goal was to only approximate the solution and which involved subtle nuances of low level arithmetic
ii) algorithmic interview
iii) question on OS synchronization
iv) General interview in addition to discussion of my resume

Interview Question – The question with the manager was not really difficult. The final expected solution was rather unimpressive.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No scope for negotiation.

PMM Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Typical for a high-tech company. Interviewed with several team members over the course of a day. Very sharp team.

Interview Question – Questions were typical for the position. Behavioral questions. How one performed under certain situations. What experience does one have relating to a particular segment.   View Answer

Architect Interview

Architect
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – I applied online and around 3 weeks later i got an email to setup a phone interview. The phone interview was basically a background check with very few technical questions based on your previous experience.

Interview Question – Design a queue using pointers   Answer Question

SUMMER INTERN Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online - interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2013.

Interview Details – There were series of 5 interviews for the DFT team.There were no sort of communication between various interviewers. it took place over 2 months or so just for an internship poisiton,which is sometng very rare.

Interview Question – Gave some xor circuit and asked what is the minimum no of vectors necesary to detedct the functionality,   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got a better offer

ASIC Intern Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interview call from career fair. 3 phone interview rounds

Interview Question – About fabrication   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Architect
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in April 2012.

Interview Details – One phone interview. Easy questions on data structures, C++. Questions on my projects.

Interview Question – algorithm to find route to a ball for a robot in a maze.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – - Took HR person a very long time to reach out to me after I had applied
- Initial phone screenings (1 or 2)
- Brought to campus for an entire day. Met with HR person, then about six or seven folks, two were higher level people outside of the functional group
- Offer was made after about a week after the team interview

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Questions were all pretty normal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – - Nothing out of the ordinary
- Be very sure to get everything agreed upon in writing.

Memory Validation Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via LinkedIn, got an email from HR and a phone interview was set up for a week later. The interviewer never called, I emailed HR to reschedule, and the interviewer called right back. The call lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Square Wave has a period of 1 GHz, Vpp = 1Volt, what will be the voltage displayed on the O-Scope with BW of 1 GHz   Answer Question
  • What happens if all harmonics are removed from a square wave?   Answer Question
  • What do you know about Spread Spectrum?   Answer Question
  • How many harmonics are necessary to view a waveform on the scope?   Answer Question
  • How do you check PCIe Ref Clk?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at NVIDIA