NVIDIA

NVIDIA Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

2.5

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in July 2011.

I had very high recommendations for several highly placed employees (dir, vp). Took forever to get anyone to even call back. Then they scheduled the interview on the one day I explicitly said I could not be there. Had to reschedule for 2 weeks later.
While walking to the interview room we ran into another former colleague, he gave an unprompted glowing review.
None of the 3 Interviewers seem to have read my resume. I was asked simple questions, not something you would ask someone with 20 years experience who has run 10 million dollar product lines. Yes the job was a step down, but I wanted to get into the company first, then move later. The interview with the hiring manager felt like he was afraid I would take his job.

I wasn't even given the courtesy of a call to say "no". I had to find out from my referrals.

I got another interview request from a different group later on. But the VP was too busy to find a date to interview, despite being my being very open on time and place.

In general I found the whole process very unprofessional. My perception is that they want to drive people as hard as they can, and pay as little as possible.

Interview Questions
  • Paraphrasing - This is a new line of products in a new market. We need to come up with a new brand identity for this, but not conflict with the other products we sell. And not make it look like we are lessening our commitment to this other product line, even thought his will replace it eventually. By the way, there's no marketing budget. How would you do that?   View Answers (3)
  • How much do you know about this industry?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in May 2008.

Very informal and friendly interview process. Each interviewer was tasked with a different evaluation style. One was behavioral, one was completely case based, one was technical etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is your leadership style?   View Answer
    • How do you evaluate two options: one with cannibalizing potential and another with margin erosion?   Answer Question