NVIDIA

NVIDIA Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

2 phone interviews. Very technical .I was asked to code on collabedit. Then I was invited onsite to santa clara. 5 different interviews

had another better offer

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at NVIDIA in November 2009.

Over the phone, the interviwer asked me questions on boot process, memory management and some flash related stuff.

1:1 interview: There were questions on cache coherency, dead lock, recursion and othe embedded software related stuff. There were some C questions on recursion, how to write neutral endian code etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2009.

Applied for job when in school HR contacted me. Arranged for a phone interview with the hiring manager. He was very polite and asked me to mail him a Cycle in Linked List solution. On site was long and rigorous. About 4 engineers + 1 manager + 1 VP + 1 HR. Most questions were around concurrent systems / race conditions / deadlocks / livelocks / semaphores / Operating systems internals. The newer members asked about bit twiddling hacks (please go through Stanford bit twiddling hacks once you wont regret it :-))

Interview Questions
    • Cache coherence algorithms between I/O and CPU   View Answer
    • Interviewer described a complex race condition involving OS code and GPU work submission. Asked me to fix it using a register and no extra buffer.   View Answer
    Turned down initial offer since I had a better offer from elsewhere. Accepted their counter offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in June 2009.

Two regular phone interviews before the onsite, it went pretty fine and nice, just try to catch your expertise and some your projects they are interested.

Met with many talent people at onsite interview and they were focusing on technical questions instead of random IQ tests which is really good for me

Interview Questions
    • a lot of details about Linux device driver programming including some specific interfaces   View Answer
    First job, not much to negotiate, but surprise to get pretty satisfied with what they offered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2009.

I got a 5-people interview. The questions are all technical and kind of easy for me. Some interviewers felt strange when I came up with the correct answers. Probably most people do not get the right answers for those questions.

Interview Questions
    • 1) How do you deal with the inaccuracy of floating point comparisons.
      2) Distinguish pointers and references in C++
      3) Algorithm to find the intersection between two polygons

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

There were three rounds. (all easy)
    First round was about C, multithreading, memory mangement questions.
    Second round was about general work ex, understanding market trends.
    Last round was HR.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at NVIDIA.

1 phone interview, 1 onsite.

Interview Questions
    • good questions, not very difficult, but all interviews are different.   Answer Question
    actually, I did not fully accept yet. I need to talk about more about the project.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA in April 2011.

Phone interview was with very knowledgeable manager, took about an hour. Then I was invited for the 1 on 1 interview on site with about 5 members of the team, each interview took 1 hour. Everything scheduled to the minute.

Interview Questions
    • When not to use >> operator (shirt right) instead of /2 (divide by 2)?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2011.

I've applied online and received invitation from HR shortly. They've scheduled first phone interview with senior RnD manager. I was impressed by that person from first minutes of the interview, he seemed to be knowledgeable and experienced manager. We talked about my background, then he asked several basic question , for example atoi C function and counting amount of 1-bits in byte. Then we discussed NVidia-specific product and it's implementation, step-by-step. Knowing OpenGL could help here, but isn't necessary, it seems that graphic-unexperienced engineer can get through it too.
    Several days later, second phone interview was scheduled, with software engineer that reports to previous interviewer. He continued to ask me about graphic-specific products and implementation. Short time after beginning I got lost - I was unable to understand which stages are considered to be solved and what is the current problem we are discussing :) For that mess, I can blame myself to be not familiar with graphic world at all. And a little bit, poor call quality :)
    Naturally, after second phone interview I got no feedback not from RnD and not from HR.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2010.

Pure technical interview. Bit manipulation questions. Memory buffer management question. Make sure you know about OS concepts.

Interview Questions
    • Insert in single link list, take care of all condition, at head, at tail and in between. What about zero size list?   Answer Question
    • Reverse bits in character   View Answers (2)