NVIDIA Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in August 2014.

Submit the application online and wait. It may be several weeks before you hear anything so if you are between jobs this may not work for you.

This was a phone screen covering past work, architecture type questions and OS questions. A simple coding question was also ask but this was not an interactive session.

Interview Questions
  • How do you keep hardware registers from being cached?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NVIDIA in June 2013.

I was initially emailed by an HR person who set me up with a phone interview. The phone interview was with a very rude manager who kept interrupting me and spoke with a heavy indian accent. He asked me a few questions that were not very clearly defined in my opinion. The conversation ended earlier than I had been told (15 minutes as opposed to 45) which I think was due to the fact that I asked for several clarifications. A few weeks later I was emailed that I was not chosen for the position.

Interview Questions
    • if there exists a sequence of integers in order, and you are at a receiver and you obtain these integers out of order, how can you know which integer is missing?   View Answer
    • asked me several questions about face detections, the interviewer did not know much about this topic though and was just trying to test the level of my knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in May 2012.

It is tedious process. 7 rounds interviews in one day.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in December 2008.

Good experience, good people, good arrangements. One negative: most of the interview questions were asking me to write code at a whiteboard. I don't do that on the job (who does?): I use reference material (JavaDoc) and an IDE (Eclipse) or at least a language-specific editor. That was unrealistic and difficult. Some of the questions were more creative, however -- interesting algorithm puzzles -- and I enjoyed those.

Interview Questions
    • Find the words used in some text and report by word length and how often each word appears.   View Answer

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Linkedin invitation, 5 phone interviews technical Q&A, 1 on-site interview.
    There was technical Q&A related to operating system basics, ARM SoC architecture, GPU basic architecture, memory allocation under the hoods and so on.
    Background reference check was needed and 2 reference from former company contact info and their interaction was needed.

Interview Questions
    • Difference beetween exception handling and IRQ handling, memory barrier, Trustzone basics   Answer Question

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Almost 6 rounds of interviews which include F2F rounds and phone-interviews with US counterparts. Core systems knowledge required

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Did internship with NVIDIA and was offered a position at the end

Interview Questions
    • Evaluated on a daily basis through on the job performance   Answer Question

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in July 2011.

The first round interview is with the manager, and the second round is a one to one interview. All techical questions, such as find 1s in an interger, how does interupt work, Linux kernal modification. The whole process is pretty good but they do not have many openings right now.