Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at NVIDIA
- Software Engineer (79)
- ASIC Design Engineer (51)
- Intern (39)
- Systems Software Engineer (34)
- Hardware Engineer (22)
- Architect (13)
- Senior Software Engineer (11)
- Software Engineer Intern (11)
- Software QA Engineer (10)
- Engineering (9)
- Verification Engineer (8)
- ASIC Engineer (8)
- Senior Systems Software Engineer (8)
- Physical Design Engineer (8)
- ASIC Intern (7)
- Software Engineering Intern (6)
- Software Intern (5)
- ASIC Design Intern (5)
- QA Engineer (4)
- Design Engineer (4)
- Engineering Manager (4)
- Software Developer (4)
- Embedded Software Engineer (4)
- Memory Validation Engineer (4)
- Engineer (3)
- Summer Intern (3)
- Graphics Software Engineer (3)
- Software Engineering (3)
- Senior Verification Engineer (3)
- Product Engineer (3)
Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2014.
Submit the application online and wait. It may be several weeks before you hear anything so if you are between jobs this may not work for you.
This was a phone screen covering past work, architecture type questions and OS questions. A simple coding question was also ask but this was not an interactive session.
- How do you keep hardware registers from being cached? 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA
Senior Systems Software Engineer InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2013.
I was initially emailed by an HR person who set me up with a phone interview. The phone interview was with a very rude manager who kept interrupting me and spoke with a heavy indian accent. He asked me a few questions that were not very clearly defined in my opinion. The conversation ended earlier than I had been told (15 minutes as opposed to 45) which I think was due to the fact that I asked for several clarifications. A few weeks later I was emailed that I was not chosen for the position.
- if there exists a sequence of integers in order, and you are at a receiver and you obtain these integers out of order, how can you know which integer is missing? 1 Answer
- asked me several questions about face detections, the interviewer did not know much about this topic though and was just trying to test the level of my knowledge. Answer Question
Senior Systems Software Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.
It is tedious process. 7 rounds interviews in one day.
Senior Systems Software Engineer InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in December 2008.
Good experience, good people, good arrangements. One negative: most of the interview questions were asking me to write code at a whiteboard. I don't do that on the job (who does?): I use reference material (JavaDoc) and an IDE (Eclipse) or at least a language-specific editor. That was unrealistic and difficult. Some of the questions were more creative, however -- interesting algorithm puzzles -- and I enjoyed those.
- Find the words used in some text and report by word length and how often each word appears. 1 Answer
Senior Systems Software Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks – interviewed at NVIDIA (Tokyo (Japan)).
Linkedin invitation, 5 phone interviews technical Q&A, 1 on-site interview.
There was technical Q&A related to operating system basics, ARM SoC architecture, GPU basic architecture, memory allocation under the hoods and so on.
Background reference check was needed and 2 reference from former company contact info and their interaction was needed.
- Difference beetween exception handling and IRQ handling, memory barrier, Trustzone basics Answer Question
Senior Systems Software Engineer InterviewDeclined Offer
Almost 6 rounds of interviews which include F2F rounds and phone-interviews with US counterparts. Core systems knowledge required
- Cache management and working. Answer Question
Senior Systems Software Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive Experience
Did internship with NVIDIA and was offered a position at the end
- Evaluated on a daily basis through on the job performance Answer Question
Senior Systems Software Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at NVIDIA in July 2011.
The first round interview is with the manager, and the second round is a one to one interview. All techical questions, such as find 1s in an interger, how does interupt work, Linux kernal modification. The whole process is pretty good but they do not have many openings right now.
- Add a node to a sorted linked list. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review