NVIDIA

Average Difficulty
64 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter call followed by a technical phone interview
Asked question on basic c concepts and string questions
The team actually wanted a experienced candidate and the interviewer gave a positive review that they are going to get back in a day and schedule onsite but the recruiter said they did not need anyone now and and interview was scheduled

Interview Question – Questions on C and DS   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Applied online. After a few emails with recruiter, I had a phone interview. They didn't ask anything about my college experience, but jumped right into technical interview questions.

Interview Question – Questions were difficult, but reasonable. Ultimately, I wasn't prepared for the level of expertise they expected (although I thought I was). Asked detailed questions about CPU/GPU architecture. Also, questions involving Amdahl's Law.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Do a quiz at campus and after 1 month, I made an appointment for phone interview. In the quiz, there are some questions about C/C++. There are different questions for different position. C is a must. OOP is needed. Background of position is asked, like OpenGL, Video, Image.

Interview Question – Question is easy.   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – two phone interviews, no on-site yet

Interview Question – system architecture questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in March 2013.

Interview Details – Gave a small quiz at the career fair. Recruiter scheduled an interview after a couple of weeks. Interview lasted for an hour. Programming questions: bitwise operations. Other questions: What is volatile keyword? When is it used?

Interview Question – The interview happened last year so don't remember the details. There was question where he gave me a random instruction and asked for in-depth explanation of the stages of execution.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR after submitting resume online in Jan. But she told me they were looking for the next full semester. I did not promise anything and had a phone interview with one engineer. Basic questions about C++ and OS and we did not move forward later. They asked project experience. paper coding question. what is static variable in c++. what is mutex and virtual memory

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NVIDIA in November 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, waiting to hear how I did.

Interview Question – Given a 32 bit unsigned integer, write a function (in C) that returns a count of how many bits are "1".   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – On campus career fair, three questions.

1) What happen to stack after a function is called.
2) delete a node in list.
3) What's z buffer

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in September 2013.

Interview Details – The HR contacted me via email seeing my LinkedIn profile. I had two phone interviews basically asking about my resume and experience. Few programming questions were also asked. Like explain an algorithm to show if a given set of strings is a subset of another set of strings. What is its O(n)? After passing the two phone interview, I was invited for onsite interview. The interview was really good. Interviewers were really kind and made me feel comfortable. The interview lasted for 5 hours. 6 people interviewed me(one was HR). Here are some of the interview questions :
1. a) Print each character is the reverse order. Eg : Input : " I just finished my lunch"
                                                  Output : " hcnul ym dehsinif tsuj I"
    b) Reverse each word in the sentence . Output : " lunch my finished just I"

2. Reverse all the bits in 32bit int.

3. A question on merge sort. It was a little complicated involving two processor communication. One processor had a sorted list and the other also had a sorted list. Write a program to merge the list in a memory accessible to both the processors. (I know I am not clear on the explanation of the question, basically you will have to know how merge sort works )

4. Why is branching a bad thing for a processor? How does it slow the process down.

5. Given that in a switch statement, there are very large number of cases(say 10000). How best can you improve the O(n)? What data structure can you implement and how. FYI, each case statement can be a function. (Switch case statement is also branching ...)

6. Implement a 3x3 averaging filter(not considering the center pixel) given an image,width and height. What is the minimum memory needed to perform this action.

Interview Question – Not too many unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at NVIDIA in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied at through a career fair.

Interview Question – Don't remember exact details but somewhat detailed questions about memory, stack, etc.   Answer Question

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!