NVIDIA Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Campus recruit first, did a quiz about some basic programming questions. And then followed by a phone interview, in which they asked a lot of details about cache, stack, and heap. Also asked some algorithm problems. Most of the problems are not too hard, but they seem to be very strict about your answers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA).

Interview

One technical interview with lots of detailed questions.Some are easy, but some are very hard. They would like to find a person know the details of the tools. After the phone interview, the interviewer asked me to do a 24 hour coding exam, which is to implementing mycollate and myfree.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I had given two telephonic interview but waiting for response. Interview was OK. It was all related to embedded thing and device driver. First interview is taken by hiring manager and second is taken by senior software engineer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by on-site interview with 5 engineers. The questions were all technical and the hiring manager gave a brief explanation on the organization structure. It was a nice interview experience. Offer after a few days.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online. After a few weeks, I got an email from a recruiter saying that they would like to set up an interview with me and asking my weekly available time. The interview was scheduled two weeks latter. They asked me some technical questions about algorithms and communication theory. After that, they asked me some of my previous projects on my resume.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted by HR asking for interview dates and time.
    Phone Interview was scheduled 2 weeks later. Interviewer was friendly and all technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Deadlock, IOCTL functionality, Cache Coherency, Binary Search trees   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Go through the resume and ask several basic c++ questions, difference between shallow copy and deep copy, what is volatile mean, what is static mean, what is the difference between debug and release mode in VS, then ask to do a coding assignment, to write a malloc and free function.

Interview Questions

• They ask several details about the resume, like the most challenge project, and asked if I knew about their team, about game or something, did not expect that.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2014.

Interview

First round, he asked me a question.
    Put 1-9 into 3x3 matrix, and have the same sum in every rows and columns and two diagonal.
    Second round, ton of questions in different area.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA (Corvallis, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted Resume and given small test during job fair and got a phone interview. Asked about data structures and java frameworks. Questions were easy and I thought I replied back well. But they have urgent requirement in their specific module. Got a positive feedback though.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Initial communication through email, and then had couple rounds of interview and both were technical. It took weeks to get a response, probably they were not sure about match between my skills and the job position