NVIDIA Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clarita, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

It's interesting and the problems are more practical

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Was reasonably professional, the entire process consisted of a lot of emails back and forth

Interview Questions

• There is a singly linked list of ints, write a function that takes the head pointer, and prints the list in reverse order   3 Answers
    • given 2 unsigned ints a and b, return 1 unsigned int = a/b, rounded to nearest int without float operation   5 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clarita, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Got my interview through career fair at school. Took 4 basic question on os and coding the got the interview.
    There are 2 round of phone interview. first one consist of a lot of basic c/c++ questions as well as kernel/os basic questions like semaphone, mutual exclusion, memory allocation,etc. The second interview consist of some leadership question like how to you manage your relation with teammate or your project or your work.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA (San Jose, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Friend works here. asked me to join

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Told them no. already signed with another company. They came back strong to get me to break my promise to other company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Four phone interviews, each 45 min. First round was talking something about behavior question like what do you like in nvidia, how do you know us, and some basic C programming problems. Second and third round interview was on the same day with 1 hour interval, many low-level C programming problems, and bit operation: how to calculate 7*x without using plus and multiplication (using bit shift and subtraction); fourth interview was about my personal Operating System projects, mainly on process schedule, memory management. Knowing Offer about two weeks after the last round interview.

Very good interviewer - easygoing engineers.

Quite good company. I'm a tech fan of NVIDIA for more than 4 years!!!

Interview Questions

• How do you implement TLB in Operating System   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews, and was sure I didn't pass any of them because it took them so long too get back to me..

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Started with a Phone interview. He asked simple questions and went over my resume.
    After the phone interview, I was invited to the santa clara campus, all expense paid. The interview lasted 5.5 hours, and i was interviewed by 8 people, around 45 min each person. all the questions were technical

Interview Questions

• What was the craziest bug you have ever come across.
      create link list.

2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied to an online job posting and was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview. Phone interview went well. A few basic technical questions, but nothing too hard.

A couple of weeks later, I was flown out for an on-site interview, where I met the hiring manager and several engineers. A few technical questions were asked (basic trivia-type questions, no problem solving), but nothing too difficult and certainly not enough to accurately gauge my abilities. The hiring manager was personable and pleasant. However, one of the engineers I spoke with was hostile, arrogant, and rude. I left thinking I probably wouldn't be offered the job. Overall, I was not impressed with nvidia. Few things are more irritating to me than a programmer with a god complex.

Was contacted a week and a half later and told I wasn't selected. Good.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past military experience will benefit you here (said with a bit of snark)?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone and then flew to the Bay area for a round of interviews. The on site interview was fairly standard - 5-6 interviews and a lunch interview with the hiring manager.
    Most of the questions were focused on my past experience and domain specific questions on multimedia. There was one interview where I was asked a bunch of fairly straightforward coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Design a video playback pipeline for a mobile product   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Got a response within a week after applying online. Was then set up a phone interview, Phone interview was done by a very senior person (with 30+ years in industry), the guy was very cool. He asked mostly from my resume and a few C questions. After that got an onsite interview setup within a week. Had 4 1-1 interviews, 2 in the morning were easy was asked mainly simple c q's and about projects. afternoon interviews were tough , questions like traverse a binary tree without recursion and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• questions related to RTOS, was asked to write a solution for producer-consumer problem.   Answer Question
    • bit manipulation questions like, write a macro to check if nth bit was set , write a function to count no of 1's in a variable and what was the complexity of the implementation etc .   Answer Question