NVIDIA

Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.2

69 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2011.

I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone and then flew to the Bay area for a round of interviews. The on site interview was fairly standard - 5-6 interviews and a lunch interview with the hiring manager.
Most of the questions were focused on my past experience and domain specific questions on multimedia. There was one interview where I was asked a bunch of fairly straightforward coding questions.

Interview Questions
  • Design a video playback pipeline for a mobile product   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NVIDIA in January 2011.

Got a response within a week after applying online. Was then set up a phone interview, Phone interview was done by a very senior person (with 30+ years in industry), the guy was very cool. He asked mostly from my resume and a few C questions. After that got an onsite interview setup within a week. Had 4 1-1 interviews, 2 in the morning were easy was asked mainly simple c q's and about projects. afternoon interviews were tough , questions like traverse a binary tree without recursion and algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • questions related to RTOS, was asked to write a solution for producer-consumer problem.   Answer Question
    • bit manipulation questions like, write a macro to check if nth bit was set , write a function to count no of 1's in a variable and what was the complexity of the implementation etc .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2010.

Found the opening on line. Sent my resume to the company and got response a while later from a manager. The manager did a phone interview. He came up with technical issues. Remember the way the manager spoke was not the most friendly. Phone interview was the furthest I got. The position was for a Windows graphics driver developer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in September 2009.

I was contacted by Nvidia's recruiter. They first scheduled a one-on-one interview, followed by two phone interviews [second gentlemen was calling out of Germany ]. The phone interviews were straightforward with one or two "trick" questions. The one-on-one interview was also straightforward but the gentelmen who I was talking with appeared to be very cocky and somewhat rude. At the end of the interview he went on to comment on my coding skills, which he described as OK for someone with my experience. This is considering that I solved his problem correctly and was invited to do two more phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Write and aligned malloc() that gets memory size needed and an alignment mask as its arguements. Write a free() function to go with the aligned malloc that takes only the pointer to the allocated chunk of memory.   View Answers (2)
    • Write a macro to which you can pass a name of a structure and a name of one of its fields and get a relative offset of this field within the structure.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in September 2009.

Applied online and around two weeks later, they arranged a phone interview.
    The phone interview is technical. Pretty basic C and OS question: multi-threading, semaphore, memory alignment, etc. Question about previous project experience. etc.
    But I was not quite ready at that time. It didn't take much time and I failed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in July 2009.

I had fun. Multiple telephonic rounds, programming assignments and all day 1:1 onsite interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Sum of large numbers.. how to improve performance, accuracy, memory etc..   Answer Question

My job profile in another offer seemed a little more exciting..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in April 2009.

Initial contact from Nvidia recruiter, brief discussion on possible position. Then onsite interview with potential hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in November 2008.

Sent my resume over internet. Received feedback for a 15 minute phone screen in about one week. They didn't call me actually on that day, but later they asked for a 45 minute technical interview. They sent out onsite interview notice within 3 days. Onsite was a full day I met eight person, 45 minutes each round. Offer was extended within 4 days after onsite.

Interview Questions
    • I can't expose the details as it is confidential. But i would the most difficult question is some low level design questions - need complete familiarity with related subjects and combine them together.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in September 2008.

Phone interviews were done by the Software director and Senior Manager. Tested basically on my academic background. On-site interview consisted of a panel of 7 people. Each of them testing me in different areas of my expertise and academic background. you tend to get very tired and come under some pressure.

Interview Questions
    No, they allowed no negotiations. I would advice to negotiate strongly. Have a couple of other offers in hand before negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2008.

Several phone interviews and then a day of interviews in person with most of the members of the future team.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me ten features of C++ (that are not in C) that have nothing to do with object oriented programming.   View Answers (3)
    Brief. They met my salary request.