NVIDIA

NVIDIA Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

3.4

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Phone screen asked about operating systems and drivers, which I was not well versed in.

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA.

6 telephonic rounds --> 5 rounds technical + 1 HR. Then they took 2 weeks to tell the result.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2013.

Turned in my application at the job fair. Took a simple test on the spot. Questions were not that hard. 1. Dereferencing classes without declarations 2. Find common ancestor of two nodes in a tree 3. What is surface normal? 4. Copy a rectangle in frame buffer to another position in frame buffer. Overlapping?
    Receievd a call 2 weeks later for first round phone interview.
    I was asked questions about some of the projects I did (detailed questions).
    Questions about threads, mutex and semaphore. Was told to implement a mutex for threads that access a shared resource. Advantages of Frequency domain analysis on images vs spatial domain analysis. 32 bit array. Want to swap them…Lookup table will be huge.How to invert the array?

Interview Questions
    • 4. What is the format of the floating point number? What does the following code do? Does it terminate?
      Float f,g;
      While ((f-g)!=0);

View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2013.

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • was asked about finding a bug in a code involving registers and memory limits and another program to divide the string into words based on a delimiter.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

At career fair,given a test to write

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between YUV and RGB?
      What is polymorphism?
      What is the difference between stack and heap?

Answer Question

two phone call interview

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in September 2013.

I was in the career fair in September. I went to NVIDIA and asked them about the the internship opportunity. They gave me a little quiz note and asked me to turn it in in ten to fifteen minutes.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in May 2013.

Applied online, received a phone interview.
    Basic questions about C++, virtual class, heap and stack, memory etc

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NVIDIA.

Did a phone screen. Interview was conducted professionally. Interviewer was an engineer, so it was a technical interview with lots of tough questions with regard to data structures, object oriented programming, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in March 2012.

Met a manager at a university job fair, I completed a skills test and he then grilled me on my answers for about an hour.
    First phone interview was with the same manager, it was supposed to be 45 minutes but was very difficult and took an hour and a half, with one question alone taking about a half hour. I ended up doing four interviews in total, one at the job fair and then three phone interviews over four weeks. All took at least an hour, so when they say to schedule 45 minutes give yourself some additional time.

The process with NVIDIA is very frustrating. I think I was only supposed to have 3 rounds but their intra-company communication isn't very good, and then it took over three weeks after the last interview for them to decline me. I was left wondering if it was the accidental fourth interview that cost me the job!
    They are notoriously rigorous in their selection process and you will feel it in the interview. If you get a question right they will press you until you screw up to test your limits. I think the interviews are best described as demoralizing, as they invariably will find your weaknesses.

All things considered, I was very impressed and came away knowing that the level of talent at NVIDIA must be consistently high and getting an offer would provide a great sense of accomplishment. Don't be alarmed if they don't contact you quickly, they're just (extremely!) disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function to swap n bits of a variable from position x and position y   View Answers (2)
    • What's wrong with [sample code]? Sometimes it's just a few lines, sometimes it's an entire function.   Answer Question