NVIDIA

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – Mostly technical questions related to your college project or your current employer project, to analyze your testing skills

Interview Question – Why are you planning to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in June 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Call through a third-party recruiting agency
2. Initial screening interview
3. In-person technical interview
4. Manager's interview
5. HR interview (hiring is confirmed at this point)
6. Offer
Whole process took around 30 days

Interview Question – Mostly tricky programming questions or puzzles   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in July 2010.

Interview Details – Aptitude+Technical+HR. Basic questions on C, PC hardware, etc.

Interview Question – Questions related to testing of PC hardware such as video cads, graphics etc were difficult   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2013.

Interview Details – Introduction

I am currently working at Yahoo one of the top Internet companies in the world. I also had the chance to work at PayPal the dominant company in online payments. When I lost my job in 2008 I had more than 30 phone interviews and several onsite interviews. Just to mention few names, I interviewed with Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Apple, Symantec, nVidia, Linkedin and few more. As long as you are applying to a technical software position whether it is QA or development then forget about the silly most asked interview questions such as tell me about your strengths and weaknesses. In this short article I will only mention few basic points that a software engineer should be aware of before interviewing at companies like Google, Yahoo, Facebook, etc. Not only I interviewed at many computer software companies but also I participated in interviewing candidates who applied to our team so the advice is from the heart:

Academic Strength

This is one of the most important points if not the most important point. A company like Google or Microsoft test candidates in data structures and algorithms over the phone. When I interviewed with Google they shared a Google Doc with me and requested me to write code and debug it. They ask about key topics in data structures and algorithms such as hash tables and running time. Moral of the story, If you want to increase your chance to pass those interviews then you need to be very strong in coding, debugging and testing from an academic point of view. I doubt that work experience itself can save you if the interviewer asks you about some tricks in algorithm design. This needs allot of practice to master.

Communication skills

Software development is team based so you need to have the appropriate written and verbal communication skills. Moral of the story, if you are a nerd that is not enough, you need to interact with people.

Personality

If you have everything discussed earlier but hard to deal with people or fail to work within a team or have an attitude then good luck.

Conclusion

As you can see do not worry too much about what you should dress on the interview day. Those folks look for smart, hardworking and problem solvers. Believe me

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No need for negotiation offer was good

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in August 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process begin with 20 minutes Presentation, where they introduced us with their selection criteria and scope of the position they are hiring for.,

Written Test: Round 1: One hour written test which was divided into 4 sections(C/C++ programming-10Marks, Operating systems-10Marks, Hardware-15Marks, Analytical-15Marks)

Level of difficulty: Easy(for C/C++ and Hardware. Other sections were comparatively difficult to solve).

Technical: Round 2: Technical f2f interview which goes as long as 1 hour for me. They ask about hardware and questions from the written test before. They took a deep test on my problem solving abilities.
Question which are asked during my f2f technical interview:
1. Resume projects.
2. College support to your projects.
3. Questions from the written test.
4. Analytic skills to check problem solving abilities.(eg. 3d coplanar circle algorithms, flowchart to check coplanar circle)
5. Basic pointer concept in c
6. Difference between struct in c and struct in c++.
7. What happens when OS boots Up.
8. What are my interests? (I have shown my interest in software development, than in Software Testing so they asked me this next ques regarding that)
Also they asked about my interest towards android dev. and web designing so they asked about latest versions of android OS.
9. What if an organization offer you a job that does not have to do anything with software development, what will be your approach? (Not interested in software testing..)
10. They asked for questions from my side.

Technical Round 3: not appeared.

Response to the i/v' er : Lack of interest towards software testing.

Interview Question – What if an organization offer you a job that does not have to do anything with software development, what will be your approach?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Lack of interest in software testing.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NVIDIA in May 2012.

Interview Details – Had the best ever interview.... all the guys are very friendly and will keep you comfortable throughout the interview process.

Interview Question – The overall booting process of a system in detail.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview Details – First had technical skill interview over phone and was asked basic questions regarding testing

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in April 2009.

Interview Details – one round of technical and one HR round

Interview Question – Best work and worst work done in prev company and the reason for the same   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!