NVIDIA Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

24 interviews

3.3

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roorkee (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in December 2013.

written test followed by two technical interview and one HR round.

Interview Questions
  • Aptitude Questions whose i didn't able to solve in written exam.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in July 2013.

College graduate hiring
    1) Aptitude test (C,C++,Data Structures and algorithms,Operating Systems and General aptitude). General aptitude was comparatively harder.

2)Tech: Questions on bit manipulation, virtual memory, processes, C basics and some simple
    math questions

3)HR: general discussion. My interests.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2013.

I had one telephonic and one face to face interview.
    The telephonic was for testing my C/C++ skills and for the Face-to-Face I was asked specificallly about my projects. What was done and my role in it.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to relocate to Pune for this job?   View Answer

Systems Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at NVIDIA.

I got into Nvidia through Campus placements at my college.

1. CV submission
    2. Written test: the written had 4 papers, : general quantitative, C programming, algo, computer architecture/OS. It was objective type
    3. After shortlisting from the written test, I appeared for the interview. Topics on which I was interviewed were: C programming, algo, etc. The contents of my CV were discussed.
    4. After furthur shortlisting, there was a hr/little technical interview (here 3 people were present). Mostly they asked about on which layer of the software stack I wanted to work on, and my location preferences etc.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not too difficult. When the interviewer asked me from a particular topic, which I was not conversant in, I told him so, and he shifted his questions to an area which I was comfortable in.   Answer Question
    Since it was campus recruitment, there was no negotiations

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NVIDIA in August 2011.

Recruiter schedule several rounds with different people and then got me onsite for f2f interview.

Interview Questions
    They offered what I expected.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in December 2012.

Process started with a written test which had 4 sections datastructures, operating system, c and general aptitude. Level of written was ok.
    After that there were two rounds of interview. First was technical in which most of the questions were from operation system and computer architecture.
    Second sound was HR in which there were general questions like what are your plans after mtech, What are your expectations from nvidia.

Interview Questions
    • In technical round they asked me about different audio and video format and about hteir specification which was quiet unexpected for me.   Answer Question

Systems Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in April 2012.

First interview with someone from Germany. Find number of occurrences of letters N-V-I-D-I-A. Solved problem two ways (1) if-else ladder (interviewer seemed unaware of parallel programming), (2) Counting sort. Second question, find n-th element from end of a singly linked list - solution, used circular buffer.

Second interview with manager from Santa Clara. Question - reverse bits in an integer. Solution, used boolean equation that had the same effect as shifting bits to correct position. Company phoned back asking for a follow-up interview the day I was flying out of the country, which seemed a bit inconsiderate.

Third interview with a software engineer from Santa Clara - review C code and suggest improvements. Solution - change char pointers to std::string etc.

Overall, a PhD, 15 years in OO design, Scott Meyers C++, safety critical testing and ASIC modelling proved insufficient. They seemed to want "coders", not patents. NVIDIA seems exciting, if you like writing linked lists, but not if you like algorithms and class design. Learning NVIDIA's chip architecture in preparation was a waste of time.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at NVIDIA in January 2010.

After submitting my resume to HR's email, I got a reply and setup a phone interview for me.

Interview Questions
    • * Basic C programming
      * OS/ Computer architecture problem, ex: differentiate virtual address and physical address, TLB.
      * system level programming, ex: what is kernel mode vs. user mode. why using printk()?
        Answer Question

Systems Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NVIDIA in February 2012.

Handed my resume to a college recruiter. Phone interview with a engineer, asked me how to determine if a linked-list is circular. After giving him the answer, and him telling me it was wrong I realized he didn't know the difference between circular linked list, and cyclic linked list (the racing problem). I was put on hold a few times during the process and heard back 3 weeks later from the recruiter saying "Thanks" but I didn't make the cut.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at NVIDIA in July 2011.

It was part of campus placement. They had a strict percentage of marks criteria and it was followed by an Aptitude test. It consist of aptitude questions, C/C++ questions, Data Structure related problems, but most of it contained Operating System questions. 100 Questions and 2 hours.
    Followed by technical interviews and HR interview at NVIDIA office.
    Tech interview had mostly C/DS questions, they make you write code for sorting/searching algorithms, OS and micro processor related programs were also asked.

Interview Questions
    • You have an array of 100 numbers, it has only 1,2 and 3 as numbers. Sort them.   View Answer
    • Binary Search, Insertion Sort,   View Answer
    • A matrix of N x N and one column and row were made zero   Answer Question