NVIDIA

3.3

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA in October 2008.

Largely C, bit manipulation, OS/memory, debugging related questions.

Other Interview Reviews for NVIDIA

Systems Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in August 2014.

First round was objective test, 4 sections were there - C/C++, Data Structure, OS and Aptitude. Out of 150 students only 10 were shortlisted.

In the first interview, they asked questions related to bit operators, function to divide up to 2 decimal places without using division(/) or modulus(%) operator, C++ questions and some puzzles.

Based on the first interview, only 6 were shortlisted. In the second interview, he asked to solve questions which I did wrong in the paper. After that, he asked questions based on probability, C++.

Interview Questions
    • Function to find the size of a datatype using different approaches(without using any built-in function).   View Answer

Systems Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NVIDIA.

applied for a co-op position through the university. challenged with an initial phone screen, follow up phone interview with manager. have interviewed with various teams for this company and it seems there are random engineers who are asked to take on the interview process with no consistent areas of questioning, nor an understanding of the level of expertise offered.

Interview Questions
    • how would you set a breakpoint within your code without a debugger eg. gdb
      the engineer wasn't sure how to phrase the question correctly as he was looking for a concrete answer.

Answer Question

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in December 2013.

written test followed by two technical interview and one HR round.

Interview Questions
    • Aptitude Questions whose i didn't able to solve in written exam.   Answer Question

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in July 2013.

College graduate hiring
    1) Aptitude test (C,C++,Data Structures and algorithms,Operating Systems and General aptitude). General aptitude was comparatively harder.

2)Tech: Questions on bit manipulation, virtual memory, processes, C basics and some simple
    math questions

3)HR: general discussion. My interests.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The company people had come in our campus. They looked quite flexible with their dressing, communication and work culture. All they wanted was good people to work with. Also the HR told his experiences about the company.
    At first we had a ppt showing what's the company all about and different sections. Then we had a MCQ test consisting of sections like C&C++,OS,DS and Quantitative Aptitude. Then followed by 3 technical rounds and a final HR round each of which lasted around 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions
    • An entire interview round of mine consisted of puzzles while other people were asked about OS.   Answer Question
    As new college graduates the offer was fixed. But yes we were asked that are we happy with the compensation and did the company meet the expectations. Well the compensation was well above average.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NVIDIA.

I got into Nvidia through Campus placements at my college.

1. CV submission
    2. Written test: the written had 4 papers, : general quantitative, C programming, algo, computer architecture/OS. It was objective type
    3. After shortlisting from the written test, I appeared for the interview. Topics on which I was interviewed were: C programming, algo, etc. The contents of my CV were discussed.
    4. After furthur shortlisting, there was a hr/little technical interview (here 3 people were present). Mostly they asked about on which layer of the software stack I wanted to work on, and my location preferences etc.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not too difficult. When the interviewer asked me from a particular topic, which I was not conversant in, I told him so, and he shifted his questions to an area which I was comfortable in.   Answer Question
    Since it was campus recruitment, there was no negotiations

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in February 2013.

I had one telephonic and one face to face interview.
    The telephonic was for testing my C/C++ skills and for the Face-to-Face I was asked specificallly about my projects. What was done and my role in it.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to relocate to Pune for this job?   View Answer

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVIDIA in December 2012.

Process started with a written test which had 4 sections datastructures, operating system, c and general aptitude. Level of written was ok.
    After that there were two rounds of interview. First was technical in which most of the questions were from operation system and computer architecture.
    Second sound was HR in which there were general questions like what are your plans after mtech, What are your expectations from nvidia.

Interview Questions
    • In technical round they asked me about different audio and video format and about hteir specification which was quiet unexpected for me.   Answer Question

Systems Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVIDIA in April 2012.

First interview with someone from Germany. Find number of occurrences of letters N-V-I-D-I-A. Solved problem two ways (1) if-else ladder (interviewer seemed unaware of parallel programming), (2) Counting sort. Second question, find n-th element from end of a singly linked list - solution, used circular buffer.

Second interview with manager from Santa Clara. Question - reverse bits in an integer. Solution, used boolean equation that had the same effect as shifting bits to correct position. Company phoned back asking for a follow-up interview the day I was flying out of the country, which seemed a bit inconsiderate.

Third interview with a software engineer from Santa Clara - review C code and suggest improvements. Solution - change char pointers to std::string etc.

Overall, a PhD, 15 years in OO design, Scott Meyers C++, safety critical testing and ASIC modelling proved insufficient. They seemed to want "coders", not patents. NVIDIA seems exciting, if you like writing linked lists, but not if you like algorithms and class design. Learning NVIDIA's chip architecture in preparation was a waste of time.