NVR

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

3.1

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Two phone interviews. Don't seem to really care about what you have to say. HR seemed emotionless and boring. I certainly hope the phone interviewers aren't or haven't done any selling!

They have no idea what they are doing. They hire kids with no degrees with very little sales experience yet don't hire a seasoned salesman with consistent quota hitting history. Huge joke. They will suffer in sales.

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVR.

I submitted my resume and several months later I was contacted for a phone interview. After the phone interview I moved on to the in-person interview. In this interview you are asked behavioral based questions. Do your homework ahead of this interview to make sure you have answers for any potential question asked. However, it is very difficult to anticipate all of the questions you might be asked; you are going to be caught off guard at some point.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a good decision. What's the most difficult decision you ever had to make? How would you handle an upset customer?   View Answer

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVR in May 2014.

This interview process was set up through the Aeroek staffing agency for NVR in Columbia, MD. Interview consisted of being asked personality questions suggested by a program after a personality test. The questions are catered to find more on personality traits that may be a hindrance post-hire. Each series of questions are asked one on one with several individuals over an hour or so.

This went very well, however, if you don't meet their 3.0 GPA requirement then you will not be offered a job. Even though zero publications list this as a requirement and the fact the staffing agency knew nothing of this, NVR decided to implement a 3.0 or higher policy 2 weeks into my interview process. In sort, to even be considered for the job you must posses a 3.0 despite work history. Unfortunately, my 2.8 did make the cut and I wasn't offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What things get under your skin?
      What do you do in your free time to relieve stress?
      How do you handle emergency surprises?

Answer Question

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NVR in May 2014.

Took a long time to hear back, never heard back from my recruiter after asking for a location transfer, very intense and fast paced. It seemed like a high stress environment as many of the managers sounded stressed out and like they were undergoing a lot of changes. They said there wasn't a lot of consistency among the company- which deterred me

Interview Questions

Position was really far away

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVR.

I applied via LinkedIn where I then received an email from their recruiter within 2 or 3 days. They asked me to sign up for a phone interview for the following week. The phone interview was very pleasant and professional. They verified information on resume, explained their interview process and described their corporate culture a good place to work. Training salary and 100% commission based pay was also mentioned. 1:1 interview to follow.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you believe your personality is the right fit for this sales position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NVR in March 2014.

Met with a recruiter at a job fair and had an interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, they just asked questions about my resume.   Answer Question

Senior Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NVR in January 2014.

I had an initial phone interview and 2 in-person/person interviews.

Sales and Marketing Representative In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVR in October 2013.

Recieved a phone call from HR department for phone interview. Extremely pleasant person to speak with and easy going. I was then set up for an interview at the division office. It's a panel style interview. Two interviews consisting of two managers per interview. Took about 2 hours total. As others have mentioned, be prepared to answer behavioral style questions and be prepared to give specific examples of past experiences that demonstrate your ability to handle difficult scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • A customer walks into the model home and says there just looking, what do you say?   View Answer
    • What makes us different from other builders?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVR in October 2013.

Applied to position through my university's career center. I heard back within a couple weeks stating that a recruiter would like to interview me. I had a 30 minute initial interview where they asked basic behavioral interview questions, such as describing leadership experiences and personal weaknesses.

Sales Representative Interview

On Campus interview which was easy, then invited to an onsite interview where I talked with 4 different managers for about 5 hours. Basically all behavioral questions and they repeated a lot of the questions throughout my different interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to define a lot of words and then explain how they related to the company.   Answer Question