NVR

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

3.3

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Two phone interviews. Don't seem to really care about what you have to say. HR seemed emotionless and boring. I certainly hope the phone interviewers aren't or haven't done any selling!

They have no idea what they are doing. They hire kids with no degrees with very little sales experience yet don't hire a seasoned salesman with consistent quota hitting history. Huge joke. They will suffer in sales.

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NVR.

I submitted my resume and several months later I was contacted for a phone interview. After the phone interview I moved on to the in-person interview. In this interview you are asked behavioral based questions. Do your homework ahead of this interview to make sure you have answers for any potential question asked. However, it is very difficult to anticipate all of the questions you might be asked; you are going to be caught off guard at some point.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a good decision. What's the most difficult decision you ever had to make? How would you handle an upset customer?   View Answer

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dagsboro, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dagsboro, DE

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NVR in August 2014.

The interview process was certainly an undertaking, but it was very thorough and professional from start to finish.

Initially I received a phone call from the HR Dept and went through the phone interview process (spent about an hour on the phone). This interview consisted mainly of background questions followed by a brief series of behavior interview scenarios (i.e. Name an instance when you faced conflict and how you overcame it, etc.).

Following the interview I was asked to take a personality/behavioral test online and this took about an hour as well. It was just your typical behavioral questionairre.

After the initial phone interview and online test I was asked to come back for an in person interview. This was made up of a panel of interviewers (2 sales mgrs and one district mgr) and was more in depth with the behavioral inerview questions. Be prepared with some quality scenarios in mind before stepping into the interview. This panel interview took most of the morning to meet with all three panel members.

Lastly I was asked to meet with the regional VP of sales and she was a tough interviewer but things went well and finally they called to make me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to face conflict with a coworker.   View Answer

I found a better opportunity elsewhere.

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NVR in July 2014.

Initial communications were through HR department and a personality test was given online, then had a phone interview scheduled. Met with 3 manager for over 2 hours. Each interviewer had a different technique and they asked progressively harder questions. The process was very long and answering the same question being asked 3 different ways was frustrating after 2 hours.

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVR in May 2014.

This interview process was set up through the Aeroek staffing agency for NVR in Columbia, MD. Interview consisted of being asked personality questions suggested by a program after a personality test. The questions are catered to find more on personality traits that may be a hindrance post-hire. Each series of questions are asked one on one with several individuals over an hour or so.

This went very well, however, if you don't meet their 3.0 GPA requirement then you will not be offered a job. Even though zero publications list this as a requirement and the fact the staffing agency knew nothing of this, NVR decided to implement a 3.0 or higher policy 2 weeks into my interview process. In sort, to even be considered for the job you must posses a 3.0 despite work history. Unfortunately, my 2.8 did make the cut and I wasn't offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What things get under your skin?
      What do you do in your free time to relieve stress?
      How do you handle emergency surprises?

Answer Question

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NVR in May 2014.

Took a long time to hear back, never heard back from my recruiter after asking for a location transfer, very intense and fast paced. It seemed like a high stress environment as many of the managers sounded stressed out and like they were undergoing a lot of changes. They said there wasn't a lot of consistency among the company- which deterred me

Interview Questions

Position was really far away

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVR.

I applied via LinkedIn where I then received an email from their recruiter within 2 or 3 days. They asked me to sign up for a phone interview for the following week. The phone interview was very pleasant and professional. They verified information on resume, explained their interview process and described their corporate culture a good place to work. Training salary and 100% commission based pay was also mentioned. 1:1 interview to follow.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you believe your personality is the right fit for this sales position?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NVR in March 2014.

Met with a recruiter at a job fair and had an interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, they just asked questions about my resume.   Answer Question

Senior Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NVR in January 2014.

I had an initial phone interview and 2 in-person/person interviews.

Sales and Marketing Representative In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NVR in October 2013.

Recieved a phone call from HR department for phone interview. Extremely pleasant person to speak with and easy going. I was then set up for an interview at the division office. It's a panel style interview. Two interviews consisting of two managers per interview. Took about 2 hours total. As others have mentioned, be prepared to answer behavioral style questions and be prepared to give specific examples of past experiences that demonstrate your ability to handle difficult scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • A customer walks into the model home and says there just looking, what do you say?   View Answer
    • What makes us different from other builders?   Answer Question