NWN Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at NWN Corporation

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NWN Corporation (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Marvelous, spoke to two gentlemen, they expressed their needs, queried my qualifications. Described their business, and asked what my goals were. I shared where I thought I'd be most effective, and the career path I hoped to achieve. They said they planned to huddle, and arrive at their decision. I don't know how many applicants they screened.

Interview Questions

• What would be an occasion for a network to employ a virtual-link?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NWN Corporation (Raleigh, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

NWN is using the new Cisco Partner Sales Academy to bring in new account managers. They contract out Accurro to do the hiring/recruiting process. It was a fairly poor process. It started in October 2012 with a initial phone interview. After that it is followed by a web interview late November (they told me this would happen the first week in November). After the first phone interview they told me that the entire process would wrap up mid November and I would know by the end of November whether or not I got the job. Now the second interview (web interview in mid november) went great except for one thing, they said the software they were using didn't record great quality and it would have to be redone. I was told this a month after the recording, 5 days before the actual interview with NWN, the Cisco partner. The web interview consisted of basic sales interview questions that you get asked in every interview. After hearing nothing for about a month about the November web interview, I get a call mid December from the recruiter saying they want to do the same web interview again because the software they used wasn't good quality. After that was completed, they told me I would move on to the last phase. This was very last minute. They sent a packet provided by Cisco on what to expect at the in person interview at NWN in Raleigh, North Carolina. It would consist of a technical assessment, which was over 50 pages of Cisco material. You do not need to know 95% of it for the technical assessment. The assessment is very basic (which is faster a LAN or a WAN)...very simple. The next step was a basic interview with the VP of sales within NWN. This was very basic and the questions are the same they ask you in every sales interview (when did you have conflict with a coworker? How did you resolve it? What is the most important issue when dealing with a customer? how do you handle objections?) It was really nothing new. Just know the 5-7 basic sales interview questions that every company asks. Third was a roleplay. This was very unorganized and it was also done in front of a NWN manager. Finally you must do a presentation. Mine was on "the trend of bringing your own device to work". All of these were done in the same day at NWN - the tech. assessment, the interview, the roleplay and the presentation. The managers at NWN were unorganized and unprepared for any of this. This gave NWN a very unprofessional impression upon me. They had not looked at the Cisco packet until that morning when they flipped through it in front of us. We came more prepared then them and it seems as if we knew more about the packet and there was a disconnect. Overall it was a very long process that took a month longer than expected. Everything was very last minute with Accuro giving you no time to prepare for the "assessment center". The employees and office atmosphere seemed very dull at NWN and it seems like everyone was simply sitting around. The company looked like a dull place to work.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, like I said they use the same basic questions every sales company has been using for the past 10 years. "tell me a time when you had to convince a group of people that your idea was better?" "tell me about a time you faced objection?" "How do you go about building a customer base?"   Answer Question