NXP Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NXP.

Interview

Got phone interview a few days after the recruiter contacted me, then couple of weeks later they asked me to an on-site. But they changed their schedule 20 mins before my boarding, then I have to drive an hour back home and wait another week for on-site. During the on-site they did not show any enthusiasm, there are 4 rounds and they combined 2 of them to save time, only technical, no HR was present at all, neither they nor I knew what to do when it was finished. I even had to have lunch by myself. This is the worst interview experience I ever had, even before the interview started I felt I would fail.

Interview Questions

• That's not important, they were just making a gesture to give the impression of they are interviewing someone.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NXP (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Smooth. Want only people who can face clients...no skills needed. Once you pass the first minutes, the interviewer starts complaining about the job and how it is tough.

Intern Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at NXP (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Very clear in understanding the candidate's goals and objectives....Very clear in defining the job role .......Hiring process convenient for a new comer to the location.......

Negotiation

Very Smooth

BUID Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NXP.

Interview

I was first asked for a quick phone interview and then settles for a panel review (2 employees and myself). It was a fairly simple interview asking what applications i'd coded before, and if i was comfortable taking feedback from employees in team across the world. I wasn't made uncomfortable at any moment and they seemed very interested in what i had to say.

Interview Questions

• I was wearing a brightly colored shirt, and was asked why i chose that color. I'm guessing the point was to see if i was comfortable in unexpected situations.   Answer Question

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NXP (Taipei (Taiwan)) in September 2014.

Interview

First step is a phone interview with the local HR (in Chinese and then in English) for background/experience checkup. 2nd process is a phone interview with the hiring VP located in US for basically previous working scope and experience. A week later, I was asked to go to their office for a video conference interview with the hiring VP. Many work and job experience details covered. Around 40 minutes consumed. Then finally a face to face talk with the Taiwan director who is in charge of global logistic team. Around 40 minutes consumed. Then there were some reference checks with my previous colleagues. 1 week later, I was noticed by the HR the final result.

Interview Questions

• Legal terms which may be handled by the position in English   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NXP (Taipei (Taiwan)).

Interview

Got a friend's referral and help to submit my resume to HR. HR then arranged a English ability test , follow by interviews with HR, HR manager, several possible hiring managers. Requested for a second run of interview, then, got the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Mostly the common questions , like what were the most difficult tasks you encountered in your previous experience and how you tackle them.   Answer Question

RF Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eindhoven (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NXP (Eindhoven (Netherlands)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online via the company website. Surprisingly I got a reply within a week asking for a phone interview. I think partly because of my previous experience I would say. RF design requires experience even for an internship. That too design in RFPAs more knowledge because of it's difficulty level and none of them have time to teach.

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions about previous work experience and some questions from the academic projects. Since the position was for a modelling job in PAs they were expecting somebody with modelling experience in the same field.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leuven (Belgium)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NXP (Leuven (Belgium)) in March 2014.

Interview

one day, 2HR+2 project manager+management case analysis

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NXP (Taipei (Taiwan)) in September 2013.

Interview

one time interview with local manager, mainly ask question about job details, and previous work experience. Another time is to interview with HQ's director, also check lots of points about your career planning and attitude toward this position.

Interview Questions

• what is your career planning in this position   1 Answer

Technical Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NXP (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

3 round interview with domain question in embedded side
    Basic of C question.............................................
    some project management question