NXP

Updated Oct 14, 2014

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NXP in March 2013.

Smooth. Want only people who can face clients...no skills needed. Once you pass the first minutes, the interviewer starts complaining about the job and how it is tough.

Intern Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at NXP.

Very clear in understanding the candidate's goals and objectives....Very clear in defining the job role .......Hiring process convenient for a new comer to the location.......

Very Smooth

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NXP in September 2014.

First step is a phone interview with the local HR (in Chinese and then in English) for background/experience checkup. 2nd process is a phone interview with the hiring VP located in US for basically previous working scope and experience. A week later, I was asked to go to their office for a video conference interview with the hiring VP. Many work and job experience details covered. Around 40 minutes consumed. Then finally a face to face talk with the Taiwan director who is in charge of global logistic team. Around 40 minutes consumed. Then there were some reference checks with my previous colleagues. 1 week later, I was noticed by the HR the final result.

Interview Questions
    • Legal terms which may be handled by the position in English   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NXP.

Got a friend's referral and help to submit my resume to HR. HR then arranged a English ability test , follow by interviews with HR, HR manager, several possible hiring managers. Requested for a second run of interview, then, got the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly the common questions , like what were the most difficult tasks you encountered in your previous experience and how you tackle them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leuven (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leuven (Belgium)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NXP in March 2014.

one day, 2HR+2 project manager+management case analysis

Technical Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at NXP.

3 round interview with domain question in embedded side
    Basic of C question.............................................
    some project management question
    and your previous projects

Unix concepts, debug ,

OJT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cabuyao, Laguna (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cabuyao, Laguna (Philippines)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at NXP in August 2012.

I have submitted my curriculum vitae to my friend which is also an employee of the company. She referred me to the HR and she told me to come for an exam and an interview. At the company we had an eye test first, then an IQ test and exam (Math and English), and then an interview with a department engineer. The last process is the medical examination and the submission of the requirements.

Interview Questions
    • So far, I have answered all the questions well during the interview but maybe I'll choose the question "What is the difference of your course(Computer Engineering) to ECE. Why would I choose instead of them?".   View Answer
    They ask me what are the requirements that i need as a trainee. For others that will receive a negotiation, think of the offer in long term if it is permanent and what are the benefits.

Group Leader Interview

already in the place. Hiring for the job based on previous work. Competencies and engagement already known therefore it was pretty simple to get the position.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Graz (Austria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Graz (Austria)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NXP in July 2012.

straightforward phone interview, then a 2 day on site interview process with two different work groups. Everyone was very professional and kind with me

Interview Questions
    • Questions insisted on software test process in term of test design and test cases.   Answer Question

we didn't agreed on salary

Master Thesis On Digital Hardware Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NXP in June 2012.

The process was really direct. For instance, the interview with HR happened after the one with the hiring manager. It was just oriented to my technical knowledge and abilities as well as a full explanation on the full project.

Interview Questions
    • Do you lack any skills listed here or that you consider required for the position?   Answer Question
    There was not negotiation.