NY Daily News Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at NY Daily News

Online Photo Gallery Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NY Daily News in October 2014.

I was contacted by an online editor about an interview. This editor, or other managers obviously didn't review my application very carefully (kind of a big red flag for a "news" organization) because they wanted me to come into the office for an interview. I do not live in the city (NYC), in fact I live over 800 miles away (which they would have known had they reviewed my application and resume). When I emailed the woman to correct her mistake, and ask if instead I could do a phone/skype interview instead, I never got a response. Never ever heard from them again. I felt the entire experience was extremely unprofessional. It only takes two seconds to write a response retracting an offer due to location, and I did not understand why I wasn't shown that courtesy. I was very put off by the way this manager handled this situation.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't they respond to my email after they offered me an interview   View Answer

Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NY Daily News.

Interview and hiring process was very quick. I got to meet the whole team in my interview which was nice, and was quickly given an offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • Not that it was a problem for me, but the Daily News makes all new employees take a drug test. Just a word of warning!   Answer Question
    Not the most competitive salary in the world, but that is to be expected with publishing these days.

Digital Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NY Daily News.

Deceptively easy, and not very accurate. On in-person interview. Said they called references. Main problem was that I was hired by "the old regime" and was deemed "not a good fit" by the new regime. Hiring mangager was fired a few months after hiring me.

They made a very generous offer. I took it.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NY Daily News in August 2010.

The interview was fairly easy to arrange, seemed to have an air of both myself and them figuring out what the job was really going to be. Very friendly staff, clearly a busy and budget-strapped team that needed one person to fill multiple roles.

Interview Questions
    • How have you worked with outside vendors before? What worked well and what didn't?   Answer Question