NY SEFCU Interview Questions

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at NY SEFCU

Member Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NY SEFCU.

Phone interview followed by group interview. Pretty simple to get a job here, just takes some time for them to put together a large enough training class. They are particularly looking for service minded people, so think of a ridiculous answer to how you went above and beyond. Single interview right after group, job offer made.

Member Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NY SEFCU in May 2010.

This was about the most uncomportable phone interview I have had. The girl was obviously reading from a script and just entering my answers back into her computer, and had no clue. It became obvious almost immediately i was overqualified for the job and my responses were simply confusing her, so she was trying to get me to water them down. The usual "give me an example of a time when" type questions, but I felt like I was speaking to a child who doing a middle school interview project.
    My overall feeling was this is a rinky-dink little company trying to act like they are bigger/better that they really are.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer

Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NY SEFCU in March 2009.

First had a phone interview with an HR assistant which was more informational. Then attended a group interview where they assess your ability to interact with other people. From there had a 1:1 interview with the District Manager, who asked many of the typical interview questions, i.e. where do see yourself in 5 years, etc.

No negotiation.

Member Specialist Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NY SEFCU in May 2011.

I've been through the phone interview and the group interview so far. Both were experience type questions. For example: Tell me a time when you had to say no to a customer? What does good customer service mean to you?...They are very nice and it isn't a high pressure interview

Interview Questions
    • have you ever had a conflict with a past or current co-worker.   Answer Question

Worked for NY SEFCU? Contribute to the Community!