NY SEFCU

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Member Specialist Interview

Member Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NY SEFCU.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by group interview. Pretty simple to get a job here, just takes some time for them to put together a large enough training class. They are particularly looking for service minded people, so think of a ridiculous answer to how you went above and beyond. Single interview right after group, job offer made.

Interview Question – None. This company is not full of thinkers.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Member Services Interview

Member Services
Buffalo, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NY SEFCU in May 2010.

Interview Details – This was about the most uncomportable phone interview I have had. The girl was obviously reading from a script and just entering my answers back into her computer, and had no clue. It became obvious almost immediately i was overqualified for the job and my responses were simply confusing her, so she was trying to get me to water them down. The usual "give me an example of a time when" type questions, but I felt like I was speaking to a child who doing a middle school interview project.
My overall feeling was this is a rinky-dink little company trying to act like they are bigger/better that they really are.

Interview Question – name a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer

Banking Interview

Banking
Albany, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NY SEFCU in March 2009.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview with an HR assistant which was more informational. Then attended a group interview where they assess your ability to interact with other people. From there had a 1:1 interview with the District Manager, who asked many of the typical interview questions, i.e. where do see yourself in 5 years, etc.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Member Specialist Interview

Member Specialist

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NY SEFCU in May 2011.

Interview Details – I've been through the phone interview and the group interview so far. Both were experience type questions. For example: Tell me a time when you had to say no to a customer? What does good customer service mean to you?...They are very nice and it isn't a high pressure interview

Interview Question – have you ever had a conflict with a past or current co-worker.   Answer Question

Worked for NY SEFCU? Contribute to the Community!