NYBP

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NYBP in August 2012.

Interview Details – It was really quick and short didn't even seem interested in what I had to say. Called me back for a second interview. And had to follow some one around the whole day on my own expense.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficulty question   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NYBP in June 2012.

Interview Details – Simple process, 1st interview with someone defined as a manager, 2nd round walking around one of the five borough with a corporate trainer, then 3rd round with the hiring person, most likely they hire everybody since each employee doesn't cost a dime

Interview Question – No difficult question   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NYBP in June 2012.

Interview Details – They make it sound like you will be making more money than you can handle, closing accounts left and right. The job is very hard, you are walking around all day door to door selling services. Sometimes Energy sometimes credit card machines. You have to try and screw people over inorder to make money. Hide fees (because thats where you make your money). In the end they will tell you 5 out of the 7 accounts you signed up didnt go through or didnt qualify and send you home with a $90 for the week.

Interview Question – Interview process was a joke they will hire anyone who speaks a little english and can walk around   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation...they dont give you any solid info, just tell you to come in at 8:30 am

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NYBP.

Interview Details – This company is basically about hiring people to go around different boroughs in Manhattan, (and later in different cities) to small businesses like Pizza places, delis, etc to sell a product/service. If that's what you're looking for, this company has alot to offer you. Its supposed to be a management training thing for a year, where you'll basically be doing the same thing for a year till you become manager. Mind you though, there are only 5-7 managers, and they hire everyday. Hint?

So the interview is all "professional" carried out by a bunch of bullies, who will make you believe that you will not get any other job. But they do it craftily. There are 3 interviews. The preliminary one is basic (they're probably not even listening to you), the second one is a day on the field with a current employee (that's how I know about the pizza places, etc), and the third one is on that same day where the manager will try to hustle you into getting that job.
As long as you can walk and talk, they will hire you!

Interviewing is a part of their job description. They interview multiple people everyday!

Interview Question – Can you join tomorrow? Why do you need time to think about it?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – No base pay. You'd be an independent contractor, not an employee. Horrible work ethic. Conniving people. They claim to be a management training company and basically make people do crap

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NYBP in March 2012.

Interview Details – I first had a great 1 on 1 interview with a very professional manager. Position was presented very well. I was offered the 2nd interview which lasted an entire day. 9:30-5:30. If you're a perceptive person you'll easily notice that they have nothing to offer you. First off, they did not tell me the location in which we were going (which turned out to be the outskirts of queens from midtown, NY), and I had to pay for my own transportation and my own lunch (In which they had "taken" me too) - (these costs were not disclosed before the interview). This is a door-to-door sales position that is 100% commission based. By the end of the interview, they revealed (only because i inquired about it) that I would be considered an independent contractor with a 1099 tax form. There are no benefits and no 401K. Because you are considered an independent contractor, they are not liable for anything that may happen to you on the job. I felt very misinformed and misled.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I chose to decline this offer because of the unprofessional-ism during the interview process and also because I need a job that I can depend on with a salary (W-2) and benefits.

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at NYBP in July 2010.

Interview Details – They call you and schedule a 1 on 1 interview. You go into the office and see that there's tons of other people being interviewed at the same time. The interview itself was positive. They asked questions such as "Do you thrive in a team environment?" or "Do you prefer to work behind a desk or socialize?". They don't tell you the straight up truth, which is that it's door-to-door sales.

Interview Question – Do you prefer to sit behind a desk or work in a social environment?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at NYBP in November 2011.

Interview Details – The office does not seem as if it belongs in a busy Manhattan building. The hiring managers are relatively nice but seem uncaring in the questions that ask you and when describing their own company. When asking HR the exact position they were unable to answer clearly and no information was given. All of the interviewees had a very vague idea of what they were exactly interviewing for.

Interview Question – What is your desired salary?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – It was a sales position, which is what all of their positions usually are. I was not interested in a sales position.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Ny (Belgium)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NYBP in February 2013.

Interview Details – Put into a cramp dirty room with paper strewn across the floor, a meter-long shower rod of a place to hang your jacket, plastic bags all over the place on the floor, "applicants" dressed like thugs, dirty carpet, two-minute interview in an office with a wide-open window (if you missed that you'll need to know that means he smokes in the office and I saw an ashtray, dirty, on his desk), and they are brief. I have seen this kind of company before---dime a dozen.

Interview Question – This position requires a lot of walking, a lot of rejection, and very little pay for a long time. Can you handle that?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I knew what it would entail---seen it before

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NYBP.

Interview Details – The interviewing processes is very basic they have a preliminary interview, followed up with a second round whole day interview where you really get to understand the work that goes into the entry level position, and finally a third round interview which is again brief in which you are offered a position or thanked for your time.

Interview Question – If you were a company would you hire NYBP to sell your products and why or why not.   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NYBP in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and the human resources manager called me a couple of days later. Jennifer said that they were interested in meeting with me to talk about my background. I made an appointment with her and she sent me an e-mail with all the information I would need to get there. She also sent me a long e-mail with details about the job I had applied to, and then sent me a job description when I called back and asked for it.

The day of my interview was great. I arrived at their office and their manager met with me after only about a fifteen minute wait ( I say this because the week before I had waited one hour at another firm). He was very nice and asked me some basic questions about myself. We ran through my resume and he told me more about NYBP and answered my questions.

I was invited for the second interview, which was exactly what they told me it would be; a full-day interview where I went with the account manager to meet with customers. I watched her make presentations, and also close several accounts for the client.

Interview Question – What things are the most important to you when considering where you might work in the future?   View Answers (2)

Worked for NYBP? Contribute to the Community!