NYC Department of Human Resource Administration

NYC Department of Human Resource Administration Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.2

Performance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration.

Interview

The first round interview was short- it was scheduled for 30 minutes. I was interviewed by two members of the department who were friendly and informative. They had a list of 5 standard questions they were asking everyone. There were no curve balls. The questions were extremely fair. The entire interview process seemed long as I was told I'd receive the results of the first round 3 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when data informed your decision making process.   Answer Question

Job Opportunity Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

To apply for this position, one must take a test in one of the testing centers. Your name is placed on an eligible list and depending on your score, you would be called in for a hiring pool. The hiring pool took several hours, and the interview process was quite easy. After you pass the interview, you need to pass processing in order to be appointed to the position.

Fraud Investigator Interview

Interview

Easy interview from what I remember. No challenging questions at all, hiring is based on an open competitive civil service exam and you aren't exactly working with Einstein's. You meet with lower level managers who ask you about 5 questions then they make a decision on the spot.

Interview Questions

• There are no really difficult behavioral questions, they pretty much just ask you about your prior work experience and ask how the skills you have would be transferable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary dependent on civil service title.

Net Developer Interview

Interview

Telephonic + In Person Interview The telephone interview questions were very basic, and was easy to crack. The face to face interview was more focussed on the kind of work that I have been doing. They also asked me about the most challenging work I have done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Legal Interview

Interview

Short interview with basic behavior questions. Unpaid summer legal internship so it was not very stressful or serious on either end. Met with two attorneys who were both very friendly and open about the working atmosphere. I was allowed to choose my own hours.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

They asked me a couple of questions about my coursework and why I wanted to be there. They seemed more excited that an Ivy league student would want to intern there than actually caring about what I said. There were no technical questions or anything like that. I was only there for less than an hour.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Pretty Routine. Hiring Manager called me and I met with the head IT guy. They wanted people fluent in web development, particulary javascript and php. He looked at my resume and asked routine questions.."Why did I get into computer science etc?" The funny thing is that they never got back to me.

Procedure Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration (New York, NY).

Interview

Straightforward interview. Two levels. Lots of paperwork to fill out.

Senior Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration (New York, NY).

Interview

No specific rationale for choosing interviewee. Calls for interviews made by various staff members. Interview location is sloppy and scattered in various locations,

Interview Questions

• None. Questions were not related to investigations. Questions were textbook guidance counselor questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations needed.

Web Applications Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Got a call for an interview after posting my resume through university website. The interview was very specific in terms of my skill set, the languages I was familiar with.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to hard in particular, but they wanted to know my efficiency in adapting to new CS languages   Answer Question