NYC Department of Human Resource Administration

Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.2

Job Opportunity Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration in March 2015.

To apply for this position, one must take a test in one of the testing centers. Your name is placed on an eligible list and depending on your score, you would be called in for a hiring pool. The hiring pool took several hours, and the interview process was quite easy. After you pass the interview, you need to pass processing in order to be appointed to the position.

Fraud Investigator Interview

Easy interview from what I remember. No challenging questions at all, hiring is based on an open competitive civil service exam and you aren't exactly working with Einstein's. You meet with lower level managers who ask you about 5 questions then they make a decision on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There are no really difficult behavioral questions, they pretty much just ask you about your prior work experience and ask how the skills you have would be transferable.   Answer Question
    Salary dependent on civil service title.

Net Developer Interview

Telephonic + In Person Interview
    The telephone interview questions were very basic, and was easy to crack. The face to face interview was more focussed on the kind of work that I have been doing. They also asked me about the most challenging work I have done.

No Negotiation

Legal Interview

Short interview with basic behavior questions. Unpaid summer legal internship so it was not very stressful or serious on either end. Met with two attorneys who were both very friendly and open about the working atmosphere. I was allowed to choose my own hours.

Procedure Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration.

Straightforward interview. Two levels. Lots of paperwork to fill out.

Senior Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration.

No specific rationale for choosing interviewee. Calls for interviews made by various staff members. Interview location is sloppy and scattered in various locations,

Interview Questions
    • None. Questions were not related to investigations. Questions were textbook guidance counselor questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiations needed.

Web Applications Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration in July 2013.

Got a call for an interview after posting my resume through university website. The interview was very specific in terms of my skill set, the languages I was familiar with.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to hard in particular, but they wanted to know my efficiency in adapting to new CS languages   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration in November 2012.

took the New York City Test and pass it with a 85% and than went to 180 Water place and was place at A C S there i went to training for 2 weeks and than was place in fordham rd office where i being working with people who was abuse

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration in March 2012.

Civil Service Exam. You file to take a civil service exam with the city. Once you pass the exam they rank you highest score to the lowest. After an undetermined time frame the city activates the list. They then call in everyone on the list to interview for open positions in the city. You are asked to rank your location preferences. You are given a brief interview and if accepted you are offered 2-3 open positions in the city.

Interview Questions
    no negotiations. Salary was set in stone

Fraud Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration in February 2012.

Hiring is based on civil service exam list. Based on your score, DCAS contacts you and conducts background investigation. Once background is clear, you are contacted by employer for first interview. Interview is based on meeting with managers and supervisors of various units and divisions within the agency.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a particular situation when danger occurs   View Answer
    If a job was offered for you, would you be interested. Would this be something you like to do.