NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT)
doitt.nyc.gov New York, NY 5000+ Employees

NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounts Payable Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT).

Interview Details – 2interviews, each took 20 mins or so. Asked about backgrounds, technical skills, excel, access, and MS office in general. Accounting basics preferred.
as other CIty jobs, took over 2 months for entire process to complete.
had to submit excel spreadsheet and an essay.

Interview Question – what makes you a good fit for this organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.

Unix Systems Administrator Interview

Brooklyn, NY

Interview Details – Interviews are regular tech questions, after receiving a job offer candidates may wait for start day from 2 month to 14 month

Interview Question – Who was your college professor on computer architecture class?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate salary with me, they offer 8-10% increase from my privies job.

Information Technology Associate Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) in July 2009.

Interview Details – Received an email from the Career Center about the internship with NYC Department of IT. Was given the details about the interview location, date, time, etc. Met with the supervisor, went over my resume. He asked questions from my resume, and explained what the position (internship) entails.

Interview Questions

• Basics of Networking, DHCP, TC/IP; Troubleshooting network configuration and installation of hardware in networks   Answer Question
  • Basics of Technical Support in Windows XP/ 2000/ 7 and Macs   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In this circumstance, there was no negotiation - since the funding was through the State of NY. Pay was fixed for the term of internship.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Director, IT Service Delivery Interview

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen after applying for the posting online through the DoITT website. I then had a face to face interview with the Ricardo Browne, it was supposed to be a group interview but others did not show. The interview went well and next steps was to make up the interview with the other members of the group.

Fast forward 6 weeks later I had the panel interview of which one employee had to leave early. The questions were very basic IT questions. Part of the panel consisted of consultants which made no sense to me since the position was going to be fulltime with DoITT. One of the consultants consistently asked questions then spoke about himself in the 3rd person on how he would or has handled similar situations. After the interview i sent a thank you letter to each person on the panel individually and personal. Not one replied.

The hiring manager fell silent for weeks, which turned to months. After numerous attempts to reach out to him I finally gave up.

Very rude, unprofessional organization that will not attract top talent if they treat potential employees this way and trust contractors too much.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Security Engineer
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) in February 2007.

Interview Details – They required a technical test in a lab setting, which I never heard of before.

Interview Question – Detailed questions on DNS propagations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, agreed to 10% more initial offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) employees and interview candidates.