NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT)

doitt.nyc.gov
Unclaimed Profile

NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) Interview Questions

Deputy Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT).

Interview

It was pretty quick but overall hiring can be 3-6 months HR is extremely and inefficient on top of administrative hurdles like reviews and approvals... After a phone screen I was invited for in person interview with peers and then third one with the hiring manager. Pretty basic.

Interview Questions

• It was basic resume review and typical resume questions.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT).

Interview

I have been working here as a consultant for 2 years and one day my manager offered me to join as full time. Then I had to go through the HR processing, the whole procedure took about a month.

Interview Questions

• I was being interviewed as consultant I was asked Java and content management related question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered the highest amount in the range posted for this position. But the highest amount posted for this position was little more than half of what I was making as consultant.

Accounts Payable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (New York, NY).

Interview

2interviews, each took 20 mins or so. Asked about backgrounds, technical skills, excel, access, and MS office in general. Accounting basics preferred.
    as other CIty jobs, took over 2 months for entire process to complete.
    had to submit excel spreadsheet and an essay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Unix Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Interviews are regular tech questions, after receiving a job offer candidates may wait for start day from 2 month to 14 month

Interview Questions

• Who was your college professor on computer architecture class?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They did not negotiate salary with me, they offer 8-10% increase from my privies job.

Senior Director, IT Service Delivery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I had a phone screen after applying for the posting online through the DoITT website. I then had a face to face interview with the Ricardo Browne, it was supposed to be a group interview but others did not show. The interview went well and next steps was to make up the interview with the other members of the group.

Fast forward 6 weeks later I had the panel interview of which one employee had to leave early. The questions were very basic IT questions. Part of the panel consisted of consultants which made no sense to me since the position was going to be fulltime with DoITT. One of the consultants consistently asked questions then spoke about himself in the 3rd person on how he would or has handled similar situations. After the interview i sent a thank you letter to each person on the panel individually and personal. Not one replied.

The hiring manager fell silent for weeks, which turned to months. After numerous attempts to reach out to him I finally gave up.

Very rude, unprofessional organization that will not attract top talent if they treat potential employees this way and trust contractors too much.

Information Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Received an email from the Career Center about the internship with NYC Department of IT. Was given the details about the interview location, date, time, etc. Met with the supervisor, went over my resume. He asked questions from my resume, and explained what the position (internship) entails.

Interview Questions

• Basics of Networking, DHCP, TC/IP; Troubleshooting network configuration and installation of hardware in networks   Answer Question
    • Basics of Technical Support in Windows XP/ 2000/ 7 and Macs   Answer Question

Negotiation

In this circumstance, there was no negotiation - since the funding was through the State of NY. Pay was fixed for the term of internship.

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NYC Department of IT & Telecom (DOITT) (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2007.

Interview

They required a technical test in a lab setting, which I never heard of before.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, agreed to 10% more initial offer.