NYC HHC Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2014
12 interviews

2.8

Assistant Director Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at NYC HHC in February 2014.

I applied online via the NYCHHC portal. I was called into a face to face interview, and was asked a series of standard questions (background, experience in the healthcare setting, etc). The interviewer told me they have a lot more candidates to interview and will be contacting soon.
    The next day I received a call asking if I can come in for a second interview. Instead of an interview, it was actually a tour of the hospital with the department's director and shadowing an employee in the department "on the job". I spend the whole day learning their processes, and providing suggestions. I was told a decision will be made the following week. I did not hear back from them again.

Interview Questions
    • The interview/experiences itself went very well. The questions asked were standard and related to the position.   Answer Question

Corporate Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NYC HHC.

You will have to come for least 3 rounds of interviews to be hired. The first two will be group/ panel interviews and consist of answering a long series of random, rapid-fire questions and scenarios. The interview process is generally the same for entry level positions as it is for senior-level positions. You'll hear back if there's interest, if not, don't wait around for a rejection letter. HR plays no role in the process other than collecting resumes and passing them on to department managers.

Interview Questions
    • Naming a specific statute for some obscure issue or fact pattern.   Answer Question

Clerical Associate III Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at NYC HHC.

Everything was initiated with myself taking a city exam for the position. You first had to qualify with the online portion of the exam; then after being invited take the city exam, you had to type a minimum of 20 WPM and score at least a 70. The interview process allowed you to choose between 3 different medical facilities and depending on your performance was whether or not you were offered a position.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at NYC HHC.

FAce to face, 2 interviews. There will be Windows network troubleshooting and diagnose questiond. It is a basic common sense interview. ALWAY remember The patients health come first, fix the computer issue later.....

Interview Questions
    Please get a much money when you start. There are not raises working for HHC.

Organizational Development Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NYC HHC.

-Applied through online posting for the Organizational Development Specialist position
    -Received a phone screen within 2 weeks. Very standard questions.
    -Invited for an an onsite interview within two weeks
    -First Round: Completed two 45 minute behavioral interviews followed by case study competency test
    -Second Round: Delivered presentation to senior management team

Interview Questions
    • Delivering presentation in front of senior management while they are assessing you   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NYC HHC.

I was immediately offered the job at one of the nursing job fairs held at the Javiitts Center

Interview Questions
    • Could I start working immediately, the next day. I had expected them to ask me to start working the next month.   View Answer
    I negotiated for higher starting salary based on education and experience. They were not very receptive keep trying to low ball me.

Medical Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NYC HHC.

nothing out of the ordinary... a bit lengthy (background check conducted at your own expense - $90)
    Knowledge of the Public Hospital system a plus!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for a Public Hospital (instead of a Private Hospital)?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I got the salary I asked for - maybe I low-balled myself?

Clerical Associate III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at NYC HHC in March 2012.

I had one interview. The screening process for the job is tough. They go deep in your back ground now to find things. The back ground check is hard because they want to know about drugs and criminal records and whether you have the right credentials for the job. The application part every thing must be correct or they will not hire you.

Interview Questions
    • None so far, It is different for everyone. Patient asking about having someone represent them.   View Answer

Service Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYC HHC.

They will give you just one interview and hire you on the spot if you are qualiffy

no negotiation, pay and benefits are controlled by the city

N/A Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at NYC HHC.

Pro forma. Getting on payroll took 6-8 weeks.

Interview Questions

Worked for NYC HHC? Contribute to the Community!