NYC HHC

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clerical Associate III Interview

Clerical Associate III

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at NYC HHC.

Interview Details – Everything was initiated with myself taking a city exam for the position. You first had to qualify with the online portion of the exam; then after being invited take the city exam, you had to type a minimum of 20 WPM and score at least a 70. The interview process allowed you to choose between 3 different medical facilities and depending on your performance was whether or not you were offered a position.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to commute?   View Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NYC HHC.

Interview Details – FAce to face, 2 interviews. There will be Windows network troubleshooting and diagnose questiond. It is a basic common sense interview. ALWAY remember The patients health come first, fix the computer issue later.....

Interview Question – Can you show up to work on time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Please get a much money when you start. There are not raises working for HHC.

Organizational Development Specialist Interview

Organizational Development Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NYC HHC.

Interview Details – -Applied through online posting for the Organizational Development Specialist position
-Received a phone screen within 2 weeks. Very standard questions.
-Invited for an an onsite interview within two weeks
-First Round: Completed two 45 minute behavioral interviews followed by case study competency test
-Second Round: Delivered presentation to senior management team

Interview Question – Delivering presentation in front of senior management while they are assessing you   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NYC HHC.

Interview Details – I was immediately offered the job at one of the nursing job fairs held at the Javiitts Center

Interview Question – Could I start working immediately, the next day. I had expected them to ask me to start working the next month.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for higher starting salary based on education and experience. They were not very receptive keep trying to low ball me.

Medical Interpreter Interview

Medical Interpreter
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NYC HHC.

Interview Details – nothing out of the ordinary... a bit lengthy (background check conducted at your own expense - $90)
Knowledge of the Public Hospital system a plus!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for a Public Hospital (instead of a Private Hospital)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I got the salary I asked for - maybe I low-balled myself?

Very Difficult Interview

Clerical Associate III Interview

Clerical Associate III
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at NYC HHC in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had one interview. The screening process for the job is tough. They go deep in your back ground now to find things. The back ground check is hard because they want to know about drugs and criminal records and whether you have the right credentials for the job. The application part every thing must be correct or they will not hire you.

Interview Question – None so far, It is different for everyone. Patient asking about having someone represent them.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Service Aide Interview

Service Aide
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYC HHC.

Interview Details – They will give you just one interview and hire you on the spot if you are qualiffy

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, pay and benefits are controlled by the city

Very Easy Interview

N/A Interview

N/A

I applied through other source and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at NYC HHC.

Interview Details – Pro forma. Getting on payroll took 6-8 weeks.

Interview Question – How do you feel about making decisions?   Answer Question

Senior Executive Secretary Interview

Senior Executive Secretary

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NYC HHC in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was good, I need more interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at NYC HHC in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was short, all questions were asked from a general form. No technical questions regarding prior work experience were asked. The one question that caught me off guard was tell me about something about you that is not on your resume. No decline was ever sent , application still listed as pending on there website.

Interview Question – tell me something about yu that is not on your resume,   Answer Question

Worked for NYC HHC? Contribute to the Community!