NYC HRA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2014
Updated Aug 12, 2014

2.3

Case Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at NYC HRA in November 2012.

took the New York City Test and pass it with a 85% and than went to 180 Water place and was place at A C S there i went to training for 2 weeks and than was place in fordham rd office where i being working with people who was abuse

Net Developer Interview

Telephonic + In Person Interview
    The telephone interview questions were very basic, and was easy to crack. The face to face interview was more focussed on the kind of work that I have been doing. They also asked me about the most challenging work I have done.

No Negotiation

Legal Interview

Short interview with basic behavior questions. Unpaid summer legal internship so it was not very stressful or serious on either end. Met with two attorneys who were both very friendly and open about the working atmosphere. I was allowed to choose my own hours.

Fraud Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at NYC HRA in February 2012.

Hiring is based on civil service exam list. Based on your score, DCAS contacts you and conducts background investigation. Once background is clear, you are contacted by employer for first interview. Interview is based on meeting with managers and supervisors of various units and divisions within the agency.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a particular situation when danger occurs   View Answer
    If a job was offered for you, would you be interested. Would this be something you like to do.

Web Applications Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at NYC HRA in July 2013.

Got a call for an interview after posting my resume through university website. The interview was very specific in terms of my skill set, the languages I was familiar with.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to hard in particular, but they wanted to know my efficiency in adapting to new CS languages   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at NYC HRA in March 2012.

Civil Service Exam. You file to take a civil service exam with the city. Once you pass the exam they rank you highest score to the lowest. After an undetermined time frame the city activates the list. They then call in everyone on the list to interview for open positions in the city. You are asked to rank your location preferences. You are given a brief interview and if accepted you are offered 2-3 open positions in the city.

Interview Questions
    no negotiations. Salary was set in stone

Procedure Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NYC HRA.

Straightforward interview. Two levels. Lots of paperwork to fill out.

Senior Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at NYC HRA.

No specific rationale for choosing interviewee. Calls for interviews made by various staff members. Interview location is sloppy and scattered in various locations,

Interview Questions
    • None. Questions were not related to investigations. Questions were textbook guidance counselor questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiations needed.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at NYC HRA in May 2011.

I went in and waited 20 minutes. Was taken into a board room and sat down by the table. There were two interviewers. One was an engineering head and the other was a human resources. both asked about my background and were really nice. got the job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at NYC HRA in August 2010.

The interview was more on my previous work experience and skills. The job requirements were described and I had to explain how I fit the bill for this job.

N/A.

Worked for NYC HRA? Contribute to the Community!