NYC HRA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Legal Interview

Legal

Interviewed at NYC HRA

Interview Details – Short interview with basic behavior questions. Unpaid summer legal internship so it was not very stressful or serious on either end. Met with two attorneys who were both very friendly and open about the working atmosphere. I was allowed to choose my own hours.

Interview Question – Why didn't I already have a summer intership?   Answer Question

Fraud Investigator Interview

Fraud Investigator
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at NYC HRA in February 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring is based on civil service exam list. Based on your score, DCAS contacts you and conducts background investigation. Once background is clear, you are contacted by employer for first interview. Interview is based on meeting with managers and supervisors of various units and divisions within the agency.

Interview Question – What would you do in a particular situation when danger occurs   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If a job was offered for you, would you be interested. Would this be something you like to do.

Web Applications Development Intern Interview

Web Applications Development Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NYC HRA in July 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call for an interview after posting my resume through university website. The interview was very specific in terms of my skill set, the languages I was familiar with.

Interview Question – Nothing to hard in particular, but they wanted to know my efficiency in adapting to new CS languages   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager
Brooklyn, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at NYC HRA in March 2012.

Interview Details – Civil Service Exam. You file to take a civil service exam with the city. Once you pass the exam they rank you highest score to the lowest. After an undetermined time frame the city activates the list. They then call in everyone on the list to interview for open positions in the city. You are asked to rank your location preferences. You are given a brief interview and if accepted you are offered 2-3 open positions in the city.

Interview Question – None. the interviewing process was very simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. Salary was set in stone

Procedure Writer Interview

Procedure Writer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NYC HRA.

Interview Details – Straightforward interview. Two levels. Lots of paperwork to fill out.

Interview Question – How long do you plan to stay in this position?   Answer Question

Senior Investigator Interview

Senior Investigator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at NYC HRA.

Interview Details – No specific rationale for choosing interviewee. Calls for interviews made by various staff members. Interview location is sloppy and scattered in various locations,

Interview Question – None. Questions were not related to investigations. Questions were textbook guidance counselor questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations needed.

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at NYC HRA in May 2011.

Interview Details – I went in and waited 20 minutes. Was taken into a board room and sat down by the table. There were two interviewers. One was an engineering head and the other was a human resources. both asked about my background and were really nice. got the job.

Interview Question – Why this job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Brooklyn, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NYC HRA in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was more on my previous work experience and skills. The job requirements were described and I had to explain how I fit the bill for this job.

Interview Question – What makes you take this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A.

Associate Public Information Specialist Interview

Associate Public Information Specialist
New York, NY

The process took 3 months - interviewed at NYC HRA in October 2007.

Interview Details – After I sumbitted my info to them online I got a call for the Staff Resources office that I would be called in for an interview. Between the sending off my appication and being called for the interview it took 2 months!!! Then I had 2 one on one interviews with 2 different managers, a group interview with the two top exec's for my area and then was invited to an event that that they were running to meet the whole team. Got offered the job about 3 months after initial application. Then a nother month passed while I ahd to fill out many, many pages of info and proof of my education & experience, etc (they check everything..twice!) then had to get clearence from Homeland Secutiry and other gov agencies.

Besides skills set, the thing they were looking the most for was someone that was easy to work with and could deal with screaming and people complaining. Personality counts alot!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Nope! The salary is set if you have never worked for the gov before. But, if you are coming from another gov job where you worked 2 years or more, you can bargin a bit. But not much. It is worth a try though..or they think that you have no drive!

Help Desk Interview

Help Desk

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at NYC HRA in May 2010.

Interview Details – Was pretty laid back and casual. Interviewer didnt want to make anyone feel uncomfortable, it was more like a casual information with references to what I did in the past. It was fun and to this day, the person who interviewed me (my boss) is a pretty awesome guy

Interview Question – Are you willing to travel to different sites through out the city if we do happen to need you there?   Answer Question

Worked for NYC HRA? Contribute to the Community!