NYC doe

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NYC doe in August 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interviews
1 with AP
1with Principal

Interview Question – Demo lessons   Answer Question

Teacher Recruitment and Applicant Services Intern Interview

Teacher Recruitment and Applicant Services Intern

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at NYC doe in March 2013.

Interview Details – Majority of the questions derived from the STAR method. It was done via Skype and then afterwards you were given an Microsoft excel project that you had to complete. I was given an offer two weeks later in which started as soon as finals were over.

Interview Question – There weren't any.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Paraprofessional Interview

Paraprofessional
Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NYC doe.

Interview Details – I did not have an interview process. I was move from one step to another filling up the require documents, finger print, transcript. I do not remember. It did not create in me memories of the event. I stayed working as a sub-paraprofessional for a year, almost everyday, until a school approved my work.

Interview Question – The most difficult was to survive sexual harassment by women cause by discrimination (race, color religion, age (disability or just been different) and legal status (no need to go through the process of citizenship). All of tt thaehat at the same time.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teacher

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NYC doe.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call, came in for an interview, was offered the job.

Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NYC doe.

Interview Details – You can be hired by a single principal at a job fair. Or you can be interviewed by committees of teachers and administrators. At recent intrviews, I have been asked to produce portfolios of artifacts of my teaching. sample portfolio items can include: letters of reference, thank you cards from parents and students, photographs of bulletin boards, copies of letters sent to parents and student work. Then I had to answer questions regarding the items.

Interview Question – Are you willing to go camping with students? Are you willing to attend unpaid retreats? You will come and teach a demo lesson?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Cuny Tech Interview

Cuny Tech

Interviewed at NYC doe

Interview Details – the principal came and spoke to me with the assistant principal and we sat down and discussed the standard resume questions and the interest in applying for the job. My skills were discussed and my knowledge on what i do. Since i was still in school they asked about my major and what classes have i taken.

Interview Question – nothing was difficult everything was pretty standard   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Brooklyn, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYC doe in June 2010.

Interview Details – Everybody was hard-working and nice to each other. They were also very welcoming and didn't have 15 pages of questions.

Interview Question – "What are your weaknesses?" That's a direct quote from the inviewer.   Answer Question

Math Teacher Interview

Math Teacher

Interviewed at NYC doe

Interview Details – I went through the NYCTF Program to get in initially which was highly competitive. Once applying for jobs it's always good to be familiar with the current education fads and lingo and acronyms.

Interview Question – How do you teach to more than one level of student at the same time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Teacher (NYC DOE) Interview

Teacher (NYC DOE)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NYC doe.

Interview Details – I was hired at a recruitment fair in NC the interview process was fairly simple, however, that only guaranteed a teaching position within the department from that point I was told I would need to contact school and interview with a principal to placed in a building. If I was not hired I would be place in a reserve teacher pool.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary if you have classroom experience you should have not difficulty answering the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salaries are non-negotiable and is based on your years of experience and education.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NYC doe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NYC doe interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by NYC doe employees and interview candidates.