NYC doe Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at NYC doe in August 2011.

2 interviews
    1 with AP
    1with Principal

Teacher Recruitment and Applicant Services Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at NYC doe in March 2013.

Majority of the questions derived from the STAR method. It was done via Skype and then afterwards you were given an Microsoft excel project that you had to complete. I was given an offer two weeks later in which started as soon as finals were over.

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NYC doe.

I did not have an interview process. I was move from one step to another filling up the require documents, finger print, transcript. I do not remember. It did not create in me memories of the event. I stayed working as a sub-paraprofessional for a year, almost everyday, until a school approved my work.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was to survive sexual harassment by women cause by discrimination (race, color religion, age (disability or just been different) and legal status (no need to go through the process of citizenship). All of tt thaehat at the same time.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NYC doe.

Applied online, received a call, came in for an interview, was offered the job.

Teacher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at NYC doe.

You can be hired by a single principal at a job fair. Or you can be interviewed by committees of teachers and administrators. At recent intrviews, I have been asked to produce portfolios of artifacts of my teaching. sample portfolio items can include: letters of reference, thank you cards from parents and students, photographs of bulletin boards, copies of letters sent to parents and student work. Then I had to answer questions regarding the items.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to go camping with students? Are you willing to attend unpaid retreats? You will come and teach a demo lesson?   Answer Question
    There was none.

Cuny Tech Interview

the principal came and spoke to me with the assistant principal and we sat down and discussed the standard resume questions and the interest in applying for the job. My skills were discussed and my knowledge on what i do. Since i was still in school they asked about my major and what classes have i taken.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYC doe in June 2010.

Everybody was hard-working and nice to each other. They were also very welcoming and didn't have 15 pages of questions.

Interview Questions
    • "What are your weaknesses?" That's a direct quote from the inviewer.   Answer Question

Math Teacher Interview

I went through the NYCTF Program to get in initially which was highly competitive. Once applying for jobs it's always good to be familiar with the current education fads and lingo and acronyms.

Interview Questions
    • How do you teach to more than one level of student at the same time?   Answer Question
    None

Teacher (NYC DOE) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NYC doe.

I was hired at a recruitment fair in NC the interview process was fairly simple, however, that only guaranteed a teaching position within the department from that point I was told I would need to contact school and interview with a principal to placed in a building. If I was not hired I would be place in a reserve teacher pool.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary if you have classroom experience you should have not difficulty answering the questions.   Answer Question
    Salaries are non-negotiable and is based on your years of experience and education.

Worked for NYC doe? Contribute to the Community!