NYK Line Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.5

Deck Cadet Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at NYK Line.

Interview

Through Manning agency. I was told to go and see the director of the agency . I met him , spoke to him and got the offer instantly. He told me if I am ready to work on a ro-ro vessel. I had no issue with that.

EDI Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NYK Line (Secaucus, NJ) in September 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume via Dice.com and through a headhunter I was granted a phone interview. Spoke to 2 guys on the EDI team - I told the headhunter post phone call that "I don't know what they're looking for but its not me. I was wrong. They wanted a face-to-face. I schlepped down to their offices and ended up in a small conference room surrounded by 8 people. We chatted up EDI and my experience with their obscure translator for an hour or so and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been working with this software?   1 Answer

Technical Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at NYK Line (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Disrespectful PMO who interviews people with one or two other person. Asks direct questions on lines questions and wants one lines answers. He cuts you off as you begin to frame your answer. Shows minimum interests when someone else is asking questions. Not enough time given to the process and no courtesy as to how to converse with a new candidate. Must be an awful place to work at. Thank good they didnt offer me a job.

Interview Questions

• DO you follow process flow ?   1 Answer

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYK Line (Mumbai (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of fun. Finally made it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very smooth.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NYK Line (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2010.

Interview

It was good- consisted of test, group discussion and panel interview which was more tchnical. ALso latest developmets were asked which were relevant to shipping industry. They mainly short listed the candidates based on their academic performance. And also, they were very helpful during the entire process

Interview Questions

• What are the policy changes in manning in Indian Shipping?   Answer Question

Training Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NYK Line in February 2010.

Interview

I was called by staffing agencies to get my background details. Later I was called in NYK office and was interviewed by Senior person & HR. I was told that I will have to come again for 2nd round of interview.
    2nd round of interview was held with MD of the company, Senior person & HR.
    I was given a scenario & was asked what will I do in that scenario, what background checks will I do before coming to a conclusion.
    I was asked to present a report of the scenario
    The office was well setup but the environment was tensed, everybody looked stressed out

Interview Questions

• I didnt find any question difficult   1 Answer

I got better option with another company hence declined the offer