NYK Line

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Implementation Specialist Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at NYK Line in May 2011.

Interview Details – Disrespectful PMO who interviews people with one or two other person. Asks direct questions on lines questions and wants one lines answers. He cuts you off as you begin to frame your answer. Shows minimum interests when someone else is asking questions. Not enough time given to the process and no courtesy as to how to converse with a new candidate. Must be an awful place to work at. Thank good they didnt offer me a job.

Interview Question – DO you follow process flow ?   View Answer

Senior Executive Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYK Line in August 2012.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of fun. Finally made it.

Interview Question – Why Shipping Industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very smooth.

Engineering Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at NYK Line in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was good- consisted of test, group discussion and panel interview which was more tchnical. ALso latest developmets were asked which were relevant to shipping industry. They mainly short listed the candidates based on their academic performance. And also, they were very helpful during the entire process

Interview Question – What are the policy changes in manning in Indian Shipping?   Answer Question

Training Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NYK Line in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was called by staffing agencies to get my background details. Later I was called in NYK office and was interviewed by Senior person & HR. I was told that I will have to come again for 2nd round of interview.
2nd round of interview was held with MD of the company, Senior person & HR.
I was given a scenario & was asked what will I do in that scenario, what background checks will I do before coming to a conclusion.
I was asked to present a report of the scenario
The office was well setup but the environment was tensed, everybody looked stressed out

Interview Question – I didnt find any question difficult   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I got better option with another company hence declined the offer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NYK Line? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NYK Line interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by NYK Line employees and interview candidates.