NYK Line

NYK Line Interview Questions

Technical Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYK Line in May 2011.

Disrespectful PMO who interviews people with one or two other person. Asks direct questions on lines questions and wants one lines answers. He cuts you off as you begin to frame your answer. Shows minimum interests when someone else is asking questions. Not enough time given to the process and no courtesy as to how to converse with a new candidate. Must be an awful place to work at. Thank good they didnt offer me a job.

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYK Line in August 2012.

3 rounds of fun. Finally made it.

Very smooth.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NYK Line in October 2010.

It was good- consisted of test, group discussion and panel interview which was more tchnical. ALso latest developmets were asked which were relevant to shipping industry. They mainly short listed the candidates based on their academic performance. And also, they were very helpful during the entire process

Interview Questions
    • What are the policy changes in manning in Indian Shipping?   Answer Question

Training Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NYK Line in February 2010.

I was called by staffing agencies to get my background details. Later I was called in NYK office and was interviewed by Senior person & HR. I was told that I will have to come again for 2nd round of interview.
    2nd round of interview was held with MD of the company, Senior person & HR.
    I was given a scenario & was asked what will I do in that scenario, what background checks will I do before coming to a conclusion.
    I was asked to present a report of the scenario
    The office was well setup but the environment was tensed, everybody looked stressed out

Interview Questions

I got better option with another company hence declined the offer