NYSE Euronext Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2014
Updated Jun 24, 2014

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NYSE Euronext.

NYSE has great college recruiters who are extremely enthusiastic and adept at spotting talent. However, often times candidates were not given final round interviews with departments that best suited their skill sets.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NYSE Euronext in February 2014.

Interview process is take two weeks

Interview Questions
    • Regular questions for QA Analyst: Unix, shell scripting, DB   Answer Question

Veteran Associate- Corporate Responsibility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at NYSE Euronext.

I initially applied through a veterans organization for a different position. I contacted an HR rep through LinkedIn and received an interview request about a week later. The initial interview was a typical behavioral interview, though there were two managers, where I expressed interest in the CR department. The next day, HR contacted me to arrange for another interview. The second interview was all behavioral. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • In the initial interview, they asked why I wanted to work for NYSE when my degree had nothing to do with finance (I was working towards a Masters in Public Administration)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

interviewed at NYSE Euronext in March 2012.

Applied through campus recruiting. Had one on-campus interview with intern program directors. The questions were straightforward behavioral type questions and walkthrough resume review. The next step was onsite interview with potential manager. Similar questions - they just want to see if they will be able to get along with you.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you worked well in a team to achieve a goal?   Answer Question
    No negotiation - intern program pay is preset.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at NYSE Euronext.

The first-round interview was conducted over the phone by an HR representative and was very basic (i.e. "Describe your work experience in more detail.", "Do you have any volunteer experience?", "What is your interest in the tech field?", etc.). The second-round interview was done over Skype for me personally because I was studying abroad at the time. The second interview was a bit harder because they were asking specific questions about economics, computer science, current events, etc.

Interview Questions
    • In terms of OTC trading, differentiate Level 1 and Level 2.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at NYSE Euronext.

Interview was relaxing and informal.

Veterans Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at NYSE Euronext in April 2013.

They are looking for educated Enlisted.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. The interviewers were extremely friendly.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at NYSE Euronext in June 2010.

Three laborious rounds. A lot of fit and personality questions.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NYSE Euronext in September 2009.

Great interview of about 3x rounds.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was a breeze.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NYSE Euronext in August 2012.

Very long interview process that lasted over 4 months with a disregard for personal time.

Was interviewed by five people through multiple phone and in-person meetings, and one presentation.

After the fifth interview during the four month recruiting process, the company went radio silent.

They have not formally said "no", nor have they responded to multiple phone calls or emails to try to obtain feedback.

Based upon the recruiting process, this is not a place that anyone should want to work, and I'm not certain that I would have accepted an offer if an offer was given.

If you are interview for a job at NYSE Euronext and do not get the role, do not be surprised if they don't provide feedback, phone call, or even an email explaining that you will not be moving onto the next step in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why you would be a good fit within the Exchange's corporate culture?   Answer Question

Worked for NYSE Euronext? Contribute to the Community!