NYSE Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2015

2.7

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NYSE.

Interview

Interview was informal, simple and painless. Human resources, followed by two managers then a line supervisor. This interview was conducted many years ago, not the same today I would expect.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NYSE.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews and behavioral, situational, technical questions. they gave onsite interviews and then fly you to the site which you requested to work. gave you a tour of the building in between your interviews.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

NYSE has great college recruiters who are extremely enthusiastic and adept at spotting talent. However, often times candidates were not given final round interviews with departments that best suited their skill sets.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYSE (New York, NY).

Interview

one interview, be prepared to sign a ton of documents limiting your ability to trade stocks and comply with company policies, and also look sharp. Now matter what job you're applying for there is a business dress code.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in five years?   1 Answer

Home Based Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NYSE.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call about 2-3 weeks later. They asked me a few questions about pay and hours, verified my education, and then asked to set up a time for a 30 minute phone interview the next day. The phone interview lasted about 30-35 minutes and the interviewer was extremely thorough and nice. Asked me basic information and then wanted specific answers to a few questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the hardest thing about working from home?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at NYSE.

Interview

The recruiter was very helpful. He gave all the information about the interview process. The phone interview was technical in nature; but very basic. The interviewer was very disinterested and had a very negative vibe about him.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NYSE (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview process is take two weeks

Interview Questions

• Regular questions for QA Analyst: Unix, shell scripting, DB   Answer Question

Veteran Associate- Corporate Responsibility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NYSE (New York, NY).

Interview

I initially applied through a veterans organization for a different position. I contacted an HR rep through LinkedIn and received an interview request about a week later. The initial interview was a typical behavioral interview, though there were two managers, where I expressed interest in the CR department. The next day, HR contacted me to arrange for another interview. The second interview was all behavioral. Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions

• In the initial interview, they asked why I wanted to work for NYSE when my degree had nothing to do with finance (I was working towards a Masters in Public Administration)   1 Answer

LTA Interview

Interview

Interview was hard but was fun. It was not that bad. i did okay. it was mostly technical

Negotiation

not bad

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NYSE.

Interview

The first-round interview was conducted over the phone by an HR representative and was very basic (i.e. "Describe your work experience in more detail.", "Do you have any volunteer experience?", "What is your interest in the tech field?", etc.). The second-round interview was done over Skype for me personally because I was studying abroad at the time. The second interview was a bit harder because they were asking specific questions about economics, computer science, current events, etc.

Interview Questions

• In terms of OTC trading, differentiate Level 1 and Level 2.   Answer Question