NYU Langone Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Secretary I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Very effective and streamlined. Had a phone screen and was then immediately booked for an interview. Recruiter was very helpful in answering questions. On the same day of the interview I got to meet managers as well as staff and get a tour of the facility.

Research Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, NY).

Interview

sent application through the HR web site. Received a phone call and did pre-screen interview over the phone. Was called in for an interview, discussed project, schedule, job responsibilities,

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with IRB submissions and regulations?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Interview

Submitted the application materials on line. One week later, got a chance to have a face to face meeting with a human resource staff. The interview took about 10 minutes. The staff was a very serious lady. She was asking about the questions while looking at the resume.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, NY).

Interview

Very standardized process. Every week they interview about 30-40 students and organize events for them on a two-day schedule. The interviews take place on the second day (first day they show them around the med center, and have a nice dinner planned with actual grad students and professors). Each applicant is assigned to 3 PIs who he/she will talk to for about 30 minutes each. In my case one of them had an emergency so it was only two. On the written application you can actually put a couple PI names that you would like to talk to as part of your interview process but it does not guarantee anything. Depending on the PI, your interview will be a chat about yourself, your previous research experience, why you are applying to grad school, and then you should ask about their research. If you're clever, you have read one of their papers already and that will impress them. The interviews are really laid back, in the end it really feels like a conversation about science and research. Some PIs may have an exercise to test your analytical mind, but I haven't experienced it.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Interview

I applied online first. Then, after a couple of weeks, I got an interview with HR in the morning and then my director in the afternoon. I got a job offer a week later, and then I started the following week. Overall, it took about a month.

Admitting Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with one of the HR representatives. Interview was pretty cordial and direct, She told me the position was not full-time and was indeed part-time and I thought I nailed the position due to my credentials but she seemed not too interested in me to begin with from the negative aura I felt within the interview. Any who I checked the status of my application online and through email and never received a response back but my application was still under review and the status had not changed for the position to be filled, I called again after a month of no response and the HR told me that the department had chose another person. Which is okay I just think it's a little unprofessional for an employer not to give you a heads up if you did not nail a position with them..

Bioinformatician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Interview

Interview with several interviewers separately. In the arrangement, each interview would last 45 min, though it lasted 15 to 30 min. As a result, I had to wait for a long time in the hospital. All the interviewers were friendly, but I didn't perform well.

Interview Questions

• How to present RNA-seq data to customers. About my projects.   Answer Question

Open House Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Very organized open house. Registration took time since there were a lot of applicants for the open house. Didn't have to wait very long for my turn once the registration was complete. Very interactive interview. The only drawback here is they take very long to get back and very slow with follow ups to an extent of no response to my emails. Follow up was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are your short term and long term goals? Why do you want to work for NYU Langone?   Answer Question

Treasury Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online got email to set up phone interview with HR , it easy just sound upbeat basic questions the set up face to face interview with HR and manager for department questions about time management and organizations skills manager interview was casual

Manager Faculty Group Practice Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR In person interview with HR In person interview with direct supervisor Job advertisement misrepresented actual position available. Need to ask specifically where the job will be located.