NYU Langone Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2014
Updated Aug 16, 2014

2.8

Research Technician Interview

I applied through the website it took a week-interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center
    Very quick and direct questions with clear expectations, starting with tell me about yourself and your research experience.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Very quick, direct questions clear list of expectations as well as a brief interview about past experience and future goals. The interviewer was friendly and got straight to the point.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions. I was asked about work ethic and previous projects.   Answer Question
    None

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Found a potential employer through collaborators. The position was not advertised so I contacted future employer (PI, Principal Investigator) via e-mail. I was invited for a formal interview (one on one including meeting all lab members and a PowerPoint presentation of previous PhD work). I got a response within the following 2 weeks and I took the position.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to our research group that we don't currently have?   Answer Question
    No negotiation (well, I did try to get relocation but got nothing).

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center in October 2010.

I answered a New York Times ad and was called in for an interview for a 6 week temp position. Interview was smoother sailing than I had anticipated. After the 6 week assignment was over, the department kept me on. I stayed in that department much longer than I needed to be. But I was comfortable.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

This was many years ago. But if I remember correctly, they asked the usual questions such as: "Tell me about yourself"; "What do you hope to accomplish"; "Why should we hire you"; "When can you start"

Interview Questions
    • Maybe weaknesses. It was many years ago.   View Answer
    If I remember correctly, they offered me $15/hr as a temp lasting 6 weeks. After it was over, I was hired full time. My starting salary was $28.6K.

Registered Nurse Interview

Apply Online, receive Battery test through email, scheduled interview with HR two days later with dosage calc test, then sent for interview with Nurse manager. Pretty quick and seamless process.

Senior FGP Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

After submitting my resume, I got a call from HR Dept the very next day to schedule an interview! Interview day was very pleasant and informative. Staff and interviewer was very courteous and professional. Lot of electronic paperwork involved in the process and testing. Make sure to always have all your records up to date and any certifications or degrees. Overall pleasant experience so far!

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Study your interviewers during the process. Look up papers and a general idea of what is done in each lab. Show interest into their research. Ask for the respective list of interviewers as early as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Many, but remember to never lie. When in doubt just say I don't know.   Answer Question

EMR Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center in April 2013.

Through a recruiter, interview twice, once with director and once with team members. HR process took about 1-2 weeks for all the verification and paper works. painless interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • None, all questions expected, but perhaps the most difficult question was "how would you deal with difficult physicians and staff?"   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center in February 2011.

The initial application consisted of recommendation letters from former professors (and or employers), grades and essay. After the interview offer, you were flown to NYU Langone Medical Center for a series for interviews with faculty from whichever program you have the most interest in. You find out about your acceptance roughly 2 weeks - 2 months after the initial interview and department heads contact you directly to help you with making your decision between their program and other schools.

Interview Questions

Worked for NYU Langone Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!