NYU Langone Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.8

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

I went in for a first interview and then was called back in for a second interview. Travel expenses were not paid for by the hospital. At the interview I talked to several people in the lab about what they do, though they didn't ask many questions about what I do.

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Back 12 years ago, their HR page used to list the name and contact of recruiters who were in charge of types of jobs you were applying. So, I just e-mailed that person asking her to distribute my resume to all faculty members in certain departments of my interest. I was then contacted by several faculty members for interviews.

However, my recent dealing with the HR tells me that they are not serious about their job or incompetent. They do not seem to know the difference between biomedical research in a lab setting and clinical research. They also do not know the difference between a biomedical research lab and phlebotomy lab. They think that if you can run PCR and pipet in the lab, you can also draw blood from patients.

Interview Questions
    • I decided to interview only with a faculty member in cancer research. She asked about my knowledge of immunology, lab techniques, my publication records etc.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

The interview process was straight forward; be prepared to answer questions pertaining to your previous jobs etc. Before being interview by the Department's hiring manager, you will need to complete the normal HR stuff. You will be asked general HR questions; you may also be required to take a test to prove your skills.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

3+ weeks had do visit onsite 3 times. Once for a group interview. Interviews themselves were easy, nothing unexpected. I was exposed to some of the data available to the group and had to give my feedback to demonstrate understanding. The group interview was held over coffee and focused on my past experience in the field.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Base salary based on NIH standards (dissatisfied).

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

I had 2 in-person interviews with the research coordinators of the study. They asked me behavioral questions. We talked more in detail about the experiences I had listed on my resume, particularly those of research background. We talked about my long-term career goals as well. Since the schedule is random, they ask about whether you are flexible and adaptable to different situations.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about a time where I had to change my communication for an audience.   Answer Question

Nurse Residency Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

I reached out to the recruiting office after I had applied for a number of positions online. I was then put through to a senior recruiter who scheduled a time for me to come in and interview with her. After that interview, I was put in contact with another recruiter who set up an interview with a hiring manager on the particular unit with availability.

Interview Questions
    • If you are completely overwhelmed during the day with multiple discharges and admissions, tell me how you would prioritize your day.   View Answer

Research Technician Interview

I applied through the website it took a week-interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center
    Very quick and direct questions with clear expectations, starting with tell me about yourself and your research experience.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Very quick, direct questions clear list of expectations as well as a brief interview about past experience and future goals. The interviewer was friendly and got straight to the point.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions. I was asked about work ethic and previous projects.   Answer Question
    None

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Found a potential employer through collaborators. The position was not advertised so I contacted future employer (PI, Principal Investigator) via e-mail. I was invited for a formal interview (one on one including meeting all lab members and a PowerPoint presentation of previous PhD work). I got a response within the following 2 weeks and I took the position.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to our research group that we don't currently have?   Answer Question
    No negotiation (well, I did try to get relocation but got nothing).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center in August 2014.

Recruited through college, basic phone interview and and after that came into the office for an in-person behavioral interview. Afterwords, I was also interviewed by the manager of the department I was working for, where I was asked questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation you were under a lot of pressure?   Answer Question