NYU Langone Medical Center

Relevance Date Difficulty

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

Interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center

Interview Details – Apply Online, receive Battery test through email, scheduled interview with HR two days later with dosage calc test, then sent for interview with Nurse manager. Pretty quick and seamless process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you were challenged   Answer Question

Senior FGP Assistant Interview

Senior FGP Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume, I got a call from HR Dept the very next day to schedule an interview! Interview day was very pleasant and informative. Staff and interviewer was very courteous and professional. Lot of electronic paperwork involved in the process and testing. Make sure to always have all your records up to date and any certifications or degrees. Overall pleasant experience so far!

Interview Question – No difficult questions at all basic questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Interview Details – Study your interviewers during the process. Look up papers and a general idea of what is done in each lab. Show interest into their research. Ask for the respective list of interviewers as early as possible.

Interview Question – Many, but remember to never lie. When in doubt just say I don't know.   Answer Question

EMR Implementation Analyst Interview

EMR Implementation Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center in April 2013.

Interview Details – Through a recruiter, interview twice, once with director and once with team members. HR process took about 1-2 weeks for all the verification and paper works. painless interview experience.

Interview Question – None, all questions expected, but perhaps the most difficult question was "how would you deal with difficult physicians and staff?"   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center in February 2011.

Interview Details – The initial application consisted of recommendation letters from former professors (and or employers), grades and essay. After the interview offer, you were flown to NYU Langone Medical Center for a series for interviews with faculty from whichever program you have the most interest in. You find out about your acceptance roughly 2 weeks - 2 months after the initial interview and department heads contact you directly to help you with making your decision between their program and other schools.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do science ?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Interview Details – I had one interview on site after submitting my CV and cover letter. They had 200 applicants, interviewed 25 people and extended offers to 2. Talked to both P.I. and the current RAs.

Interview Question – General knowledge questions -- tell me about yourself, why do you want to work in this lab?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through other source - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview first with the Director and then the Senior Director.

Interview Question – Asked to submit a writing sample detailing items discussed in the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Interview Details – I applied this position online. After one month, I got an phone interview with HR. After another month, they offered me an onsite interview. During the onsite, I met almost all members in the research group. They are all friendly and nice guys. They basically discussed my experience on my resume and some simple technique questions. After one week, I got the official offer.

Interview Question – How can you contribute our group with your experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hard to negotiate since the payment is set based on the position they offered. However, I managed to get some relocation reimbursement.

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager

Interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center

Interview Details – Hiring process might have multiple rounds of interviews. Standard telephone interview, questionnaires and interview questions. Some impressive new facilities.

Interview Question – mainly standard interview questions. Long hiring cycle.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center in June 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview and one in-person interview

Interview Question – Standard Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N?A

Worked for NYU Langone Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!