Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at NYU Langone Medical Center
- Research Assistant (6)
- Research Technician (6)
- Intern (4)
- Graduate Student (3)
- Project Coordinator (3)
- Postdoctoral Fellow (3)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (3)
- Graduate Research Assistant (2)
- Data Analyst (2)
- Staff Nurse (2)
- Clinical Research Coordinator (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Senior Project Manager (2)
- Nurse Residency Program (2)
- Research Associate (2)
- Communications (1)
- Project Assistant (1)
- Project Associate (1)
- NOT Interested In Disclosing (1)
- Open House (1)
- EMR Implementation Analyst (1)
- Senior FGP Assistant (1)
- Manager Faculty Group Practice (1)
- Treasury Representatives (1)
- Clinical Engineering Equipment Planner (1)
- Research Interview Day (1)
- Associate Financial Analyst (1)
- Administrative Coordinator (1)
- Bioinformatician (1)
- Admitting Representative (1)
Research Assistant Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, NY) in March 2015.
I got an interview through my school career website. I was asked to go down to the medical center and the interview lasted for about 2 hours. I first met the clinical psychologist who was in charge of the project and then the PI who had was an MD. Then, I had a chance to speak to current research team members.
Other Interview Reviews for NYU Langone Medical Center
Research Assistant InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.
I had one interview on site after submitting my CV and cover letter. They had 200 applicants, interviewed 25 people and extended offers to 2. Talked to both P.I. and the current RAs.
- General knowledge questions -- tell me about yourself, why do you want to work in this lab? Answer Question
Research Assistant InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, NY) in December 2013.
Met with PI of lab and had standard interview questions. Emailed directly with PI regarding interview process and he was flexible with times. Did not have to go through HR before meeting with PI.
- Why are you interested in our research? What draws you to being a research assistant? Where do you see yourself in the future. Answer Question
Research Assistant InterviewNo Offer
Phone interview first, head of lab explained what kind of job it was. Was invited to more formal interview where I can "see if it's really not for me." In-person interview with head of lab, then went to office to meet current research assistants. Interview questions were straight forward, but there was blatant racial stereotyping. Saw some patients. Was told I would be contacted within two months because there are lot of other candidates for the position.
- Unexpected: What instrument did you play? Answer Question
Research Assistant InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, NY) in February 2012.
We talked about the job and its qualifications as well as my own background in the field. It was a very good experience; In addition, they talked of the many different programs the hospital offered as well as CME.
- What is your greatest weakness? Answer Question
Research Assistant InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center in November 2008.
I met with a HR Recruiter first for an administrative position that was available. Then he directed me to a specific field I was interested in, where there was a job opening. I had a 1-on-1 interview immediately.
- What are your long term goals? Answer Question
I was unable to negotiate as it was based on a grant.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review