NYU Langone Medical Center

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Interview Details – I had one interview on site after submitting my CV and cover letter. They had 200 applicants, interviewed 25 people and extended offers to 2. Talked to both P.I. and the current RAs.

Interview Question – General knowledge questions -- tell me about yourself, why do you want to work in this lab?   Answer Question

Interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center

Interview Details – Phone interview first, head of lab explained what kind of job it was. Was invited to more formal interview where I can "see if it's really not for me." In-person interview with head of lab, then went to office to meet current research assistants. Interview questions were straight forward, but there was blatant racial stereotyping. Saw some patients. Was told I would be contacted within two months because there are lot of other candidates for the position.

Interview Question – Unexpected: What instrument did you play?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center in February 2012.

Interview Details – We talked about the job and its qualifications as well as my own background in the field. It was a very good experience; In addition, they talked of the many different programs the hospital offered as well as CME.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center in November 2008.

Interview Details – I met with a HR Recruiter first for an administrative position that was available. Then he directed me to a specific field I was interested in, where there was a job opening. I had a 1-on-1 interview immediately.

Interview Question – What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate as it was based on a grant.

Interviews for Top Jobs at NYU Langone Medical Center

Worked for NYU Langone Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

NYU Langone Medical Center Videos

NYU Langone Medical Center – Why Work for Us?

Why Choose NYU Langone Medical Center About NYU Langone Medical Center: NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class patient-centered integrated academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NYU Langone Medical Center Research Assistant interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by NYU Langone Medical Center employees and interview candidates.