NYU Langone Medical Center

NYU Langone Medical Center Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.

I had one interview on site after submitting my CV and cover letter. They had 200 applicants, interviewed 25 people and extended offers to 2. Talked to both P.I. and the current RAs.

Interview Questions
  • General knowledge questions -- tell me about yourself, why do you want to work in this lab?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NYU Langone Medical Center

Research Assistant Interview

Phone interview first, head of lab explained what kind of job it was. Was invited to more formal interview where I can "see if it's really not for me." In-person interview with head of lab, then went to office to meet current research assistants. Interview questions were straight forward, but there was blatant racial stereotyping. Saw some patients. Was told I would be contacted within two months because there are lot of other candidates for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center in February 2012.

We talked about the job and its qualifications as well as my own background in the field. It was a very good experience; In addition, they talked of the many different programs the hospital offered as well as CME.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center in November 2008.

I met with a HR Recruiter first for an administrative position that was available. Then he directed me to a specific field I was interested in, where there was a job opening. I had a 1-on-1 interview immediately.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate as it was based on a grant.