Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at NYU Langone Medical Center
- Intern (4)
- Research Assistant (4)
- Research Technician (4)
- Postdoctoral Fellow (3)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2)
- Nurse Residency Program (2)
- Senior Project Manager (2)
- Graduate Research Assistant (2)
- Graduate Student (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Scientist (1)
- Staff Nurse (1)
- Research Coordinator (1)
- Research Scientist (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Data Analyst (1)
- Office Manager (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Associate Financial Analyst (1)
- Registered Nurse (1)
- Administrative Coordinator (1)
- Assistant Research Scientist (1)
- Clinical Research Coordinator (1)
- NOT Interested In Disclosing (1)
- EMR Implementation Analyst (1)
- Senior FGP Assistant (1)
- Research Assistant Professor (1)
- Research Associate (1)
- Project Assistant (1)
- Project Coordinator (1)
Research Assistant Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center.
I had one interview on site after submitting my CV and cover letter. They had 200 applicants, interviewed 25 people and extended offers to 2. Talked to both P.I. and the current RAs.
- General knowledge questions -- tell me about yourself, why do you want to work in this lab? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for NYU Langone Medical Center
Research Assistant InterviewNo OfferNo Offer
Phone interview first, head of lab explained what kind of job it was. Was invited to more formal interview where I can "see if it's really not for me." In-person interview with head of lab, then went to office to meet current research assistants. Interview questions were straight forward, but there was blatant racial stereotyping. Saw some patients. Was told I would be contacted within two months because there are lot of other candidates for the position.
- Unexpected: What instrument did you play? Answer Question
Research Assistant InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center (New York, NY) in February 2012.
We talked about the job and its qualifications as well as my own background in the field. It was a very good experience; In addition, they talked of the many different programs the hospital offered as well as CME.
- What is your greatest weakness? Answer Question
Research Assistant InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days – interviewed at NYU Langone Medical Center in November 2008.
I met with a HR Recruiter first for an administrative position that was available. Then he directed me to a specific field I was interested in, where there was a job opening. I had a 1-on-1 interview immediately.
- What are your long term goals? Answer Question
I was unable to negotiate as it was based on a grant.