NYU (New York University)

www.nyu.edu

NYU (New York University) Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.6

Career Counselor Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University).

Met with the director of the office, who stared at me and looked totally bored, like she resented having to interview anyone. She asked some generic questions that could have come from any interviewing book. The associate director sat behind her, and he didn't ask any questions, just wrote down my answers in a notebook. Strange an unprofessional interview.

Master In Math In Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NYU (New York University).

Apply online first, if you receive an offer elsewhere, make sure you send an email to NYU and ask them for an interview, they will typically reply to you in the next 2-3 days. 20-minute interview, interviewer is a senior manager at GS, mostly going over the resume, and ask you if you have any question, pretty easy and friendly environment.

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in January 2015.

I was interviewed for a research assistant position at Wagner school of Public Policy. The interview was short. They needed somebody with very specific data management skills. The building is very nice and my interviewer was very courteous but straighforward. I has some of the skills they needed but was not a perfect fit for the position.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I had experience working with multi level models, random and fixed effects.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University).

Offered the opportunity when it became open. I met with the program director and we hit it off. My skills in programming and sequence analysis was exactly what was needed. Things took off from there.

Video Specialist for ITS Interview

In the interview they ask you what work you've done and you can show them some of your stuff, then they will ask you what interests you have in education.

Interview Questions
    They ask me how much I would like to get paid, and my hours, then I'm good to come.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University).

I received an email from the Human Resources Administrator after applying online for an Administrative Coordinator position and she scheduled a phone interview/screen with me. The interview lasts about 5-10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty simple and straightforward. They give a more detailed description of the position you are applying for and ask why you want to work there and to describe your current/last role.   Answer Question

Administrative Aide II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University) in December 2014.

Very rude woman whose current student workers did not follow up. I emded up calling at 9 am to follow up a confirmation for a 2pm call. The Director answered and basically was very nice but when tne rep called she seemed very embarrassed that the Director had delivered the message. Eitjer way she called and spoke plainly and quickly , as though mocking my voice with undertones of protocol almost like a robot. I question if she just called for affirmative action quotas . Very rude.

Associate Director Interview

3 interviews, final interview took an entire day. None of the interviewers were technical so they really didn't know what to ask. Note this was obviously for a technical position.

Interview Questions
    • how do you work with non-technical people? Most questions were repeated throughout the day by different panelists. Some panelists basically talked to each other.   Answer Question
    If you talk to someone from HR, you are likely getting pretty close to a final offer when they call you. If you talk to the hiring manager, you likely have a lot more room to negotiate

Graduate Assistant Interview

Smooth, Interview was not hard. They ask about things in my resume. General Questions. Interviewer was very kind. They was asking what did I before? What was you strength and weakness . Why you apply here? etc.

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University).

I was invited in via email exchange and had a two hour interview with five different people in the department. I was given information about job and the types of projects the department was working on. Questions were fairly easy and the team made me feel very comfortable. I waited three weeks to hear back after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of accomplishments would you be celebrating in a year's time?   Answer Question