NYU (New York University)

www.nyu.edu
  www.nyu.edu

NYU (New York University) Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.7

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University).

Offered the opportunity when it became open. I met with the program director and we hit it off. My skills in programming and sequence analysis was exactly what was needed. Things took off from there.

Video Specialist for ITS Interview

In the interview they ask you what work you've done and you can show them some of your stuff, then they will ask you what interests you have in education.

Interview Questions
    They ask me how much I would like to get paid, and my hours, then I'm good to come.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University).

I received an email from the Human Resources Administrator after applying online for an Administrative Coordinator position and she scheduled a phone interview/screen with me. The interview lasts about 5-10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty simple and straightforward. They give a more detailed description of the position you are applying for and ask why you want to work there and to describe your current/last role.   Answer Question

Administrative Aide II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University) in December 2014.

Very rude woman whose current student workers did not follow up. I emded up calling at 9 am to follow up a confirmation for a 2pm call. The Director answered and basically was very nice but when tne rep called she seemed very embarrassed that the Director had delivered the message. Eitjer way she called and spoke plainly and quickly , as though mocking my voice with undertones of protocol almost like a robot. I question if she just called for affirmative action quotas . Very rude.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Smooth, Interview was not hard. They ask about things in my resume. General Questions. Interviewer was very kind. They was asking what did I before? What was you strength and weakness . Why you apply here? etc.

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University).

I was invited in via email exchange and had a two hour interview with five different people in the department. I was given information about job and the types of projects the department was working on. Questions were fairly easy and the team made me feel very comfortable. I waited three weeks to hear back after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of accomplishments would you be celebrating in a year's time?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

3 interviews, final interview took an entire day. None of the interviewers were technical so they really didn't know what to ask. Note this was obviously for a technical position.

Interview Questions
    • how do you work with non-technical people? Most questions were repeated throughout the day by different panelists. Some panelists basically talked to each other.   Answer Question
    If you talk to someone from HR, you are likely getting pretty close to a final offer when they call you. If you talk to the hiring manager, you likely have a lot more room to negotiate

Office Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University).

Email exchanges, and in person interview. They asked basic behavioral questions and questions related to my resume. The interview was set up after emailing my hours and availability. The interview was average and based on my resume and prior work experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you work with a colleague who has a difficult personality?   Answer Question
    Email exchange about starting date and hours.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in October 2014.

I applied online and didn't hear back from HR until almost a year later. I received an email stating that they were setting up interviews and was given days and times that I could come in. I replied back and had an interview a week later.

The day of the interview I came in and had to call the person interviewing me so that someone could come get me by the elevators (who never showed up) but some random person walking past the doors let me in. Once I arrived at the location I was greeted by the receptionist at the desk. She let my interviewer know that i was here and she came out within 5 minutes. She came with a few forms for me to fill out and offered me something to drink. After I filled out my forms I gave them back to the receptionist and went into the office about 2 minutes later. Overall the interview took about 30-45 minutes. It was a very relaxing interview.

After the interview it took about a month before I received a response about the job. I knew it was going to be long before I received a response because I was notified in the beginning of the interview that this would be a long process.

Admissions Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview questions:
    1. what your idea of NYU.
    2.what NYU interest you?
    3.what are you passionate about
    4. time you failed
    5.most entrepreneurial experience
    6. what transition from your current opportunity.
    7.what other jobs are you considering?

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of adversity you have had to overcome?   Answer Question