NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Submit your CV and GRE (TOEFL for international student) through online application system. NYU use Embark application system. Which is very inconvenient. The GSAS will process each application then forward to the each specific department. The department will notify their decision to the GSAS. And the offer letter will be issued to student by GSAS.

Interview Questions
    • Usually No addition interview is needed. So do a good job on your CV and Exam.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Was interviewed by two people at the same time. Interviewers spent a lot of time explaining their requirements and expectations

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward questions, nothing that I didn't expect. No technical questions.   Answer Question
    Asked me what was my minimum and met it.

Registration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in August 2009.

I was a temporary/seasonal employee of the department from 1988-1990 so my work spoke for itself during my interview process. Usually the job requires an experience working for a University setting with detail to record keeping, familiarity with the Bursar's office that handle all payments. Experience with supervising others.

Interview Questions
    • The job entailed a lot of overtime work during registration periods that could put a serious strain on family/personal life and this schedule was mandatory and expected to either agree/disagree in the interview process.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in September 2008.

The interview started off getting to know the individuals within the group. Then we were given a presentation. Those who qualified were called back to schedule work hours and to which school they wanted to be assigned to. Great opportunity to help people within the community.

Interview Questions
    • Without heading into a career in eduacation, what is your interest to work with the organization?   View Answer
    N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2013.

Getting a research assistant job was a smooth and easy process. My professor in the economics department asked me a few questions about my interests in development economics. After a small discussion, he figured I'd be a good fit, and therefore I took the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2011.

interview was easy with only HR based questions

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in June 2014.

I was contacted twice for a medical technologist position interview at a private doctors office in brooklyn through nyu. I have 10years experience and would technically be working alone as lead tech.

Interview Questions
    • I asked about instrumentation. Whom I'll be working with. What are the responsibilities related to the facilities. The hiring manager was so sweet and very personable. She just asked me to got through my resume. And what expectations were my salary.   Answer Question

Commute is 1hr 1 way

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in August 2014.

2 interview: with HR and then PI on the same day. Person with HR very nice and professional, asked a lot on questions about background and checked general requirements for this position. Talk about salary (general), position of NYU in science world. PI very possessional, did not asked a lot of question, just went through your resume. Asked about your background, experience and relevance of your previous work to new position.

IT Assistance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in August 2013.

Applied via wasserman, set up a time; it was more a conversation than an interview. I didn't hear anything after a week so I emailed back to check up. Half an hour after I emailed him he called me said I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just be confident and seem friendly and interactive. It's an easy job but they want someone who seems like a good spirit and active worker   View Answer
    FLEXIBLE HOURS, shift can be as short as one hour, no negotiation on the salary tho; but it's easy money.

Tisch Production TA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at NYU (New York University).

It was an on-campus work study position. I submitted my resume through Wasserman and was able to get an interview fairly quickly after that. I interviewed with the head of the Film & TV equipment operations person and also a supervisor at the department I specifically asked for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about something you created from scratch that you are proud of.   Answer Question

Worked for NYU (New York University)? Contribute to the Community!