NYU (New York University)

www.nyu.edu

NYU (New York University) Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Average Difficulty
42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview Details – Was interviewed by two people at the same time. Interviewers spent a lot of time explaining their requirements and expectations

Interview Question – Very straightforward questions, nothing that I didn't expect. No technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked me what was my minimum and met it.

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student
New York, NY

Interviewed at NYU (New York University)

Interview Details – Submit your CV and GRE (TOEFL for international student) through online application system. NYU use Embark application system. Which is very inconvenient. The GSAS will process each application then forward to the each specific department. The department will notify their decision to the GSAS. And the offer letter will be issued to student by GSAS.

Interview Question – Usually No addition interview is needed. So do a good job on your CV and Exam.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2013.

Interview Details – Getting a research assistant job was a smooth and easy process. My professor in the economics department asked me a few questions about my interests in development economics. After a small discussion, he figured I'd be a good fit, and therefore I took the offer.

Interview Question – Why does development intrigue you?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Registration Manager Interview

Registration Manager
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was a temporary/seasonal employee of the department from 1988-1990 so my work spoke for itself during my interview process. Usually the job requires an experience working for a University setting with detail to record keeping, familiarity with the Bursar's office that handle all payments. Experience with supervising others.

Interview Question – The job entailed a lot of overtime work during registration periods that could put a serious strain on family/personal life and this schedule was mandatory and expected to either agree/disagree in the interview process.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Tutor
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in September 2008.

Interview Details – The interview started off getting to know the individuals within the group. Then we were given a presentation. Those who qualified were called back to schedule work hours and to which school they wanted to be assigned to. Great opportunity to help people within the community.

Interview Question – Without heading into a career in eduacation, what is your interest to work with the organization?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2011.

Interview Details – interview was easy with only HR based questions

Interview Question – explain your previous experience with team working?   Answer Question

Web Administrator Interview

Web Administrator
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in June 2011.

Interview Details – simple questions:
1. What's difference between client side and server side.
2. What's softlink and hard link
3. What chmod do?
4. What is cgi how it works?

Interview Question – How to transpose a matrix   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do not directly give out the answer, but describe the process you get the answer.

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview Details – As a full-time student, I submitted my application on NYU career net but never heard back. So I went the office directly and handed my resume to the director. She contacted couple days later and set up an interview time. The interview lasted for an hour and questions are very general. She is very nice as well.

Interview Question – Where you see yourself in 5 years   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend

Student Employee At NYU Bookstore Interview

Student Employee At NYU Bookstore
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Interview Details – You may submit a simple job application online or in person. A few weeks later, the Bookstore will likely contact you for a short in person interview. The interview covers basic information such as your previous work experience, internships you may have had, and why you want to work at the Bookstore out of all of the other NYU departments you could pick from. Bring a current resume. The interview is short and to the point.

Worked for NYU (New York University)? Contribute to the Community!