NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Mar 15, 2015

2.8

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University).

Was interviewed by two people at the same time. Interviewers spent a lot of time explaining their requirements and expectations

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward questions, nothing that I didn't expect. No technical questions.   Answer Question
    Asked me what was my minimum and met it.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Submit your CV and GRE (TOEFL for international student) through online application system. NYU use Embark application system. Which is very inconvenient. The GSAS will process each application then forward to the each specific department. The department will notify their decision to the GSAS. And the offer letter will be issued to student by GSAS.

Interview Questions
    • Usually No addition interview is needed. So do a good job on your CV and Exam.   Answer Question

Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in January 2013.

Skype interview that was competency based and a thorough working through CV of previous experience. Ideas for how to fulfil educator job were asked skilfully and expected to present a range of options about how to approach the role.

Terms were non negotiable as position is grant funded.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2015.

I first met with the principal investigator, she pushed HR every day in order to get me to start working there as soon as possible. Unfortunately Hr takes a very long time getting back to people. I waited around 2-3 months until I was officially hired.

IT Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in September 2014.

The position was available at the beginning of the fall 2014 semester. I left my previous job at the athletics department because the pay wasn't all that great. The IT position seemed more mentally stimulating and the salary was slightly better. A friend that was already working there mentioned my name, and about a week after I was contacted by the manager.

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in October 2014.

The next day after I applied, I received an email to schedule a phone interview with a representative from Human Resources. The interview was easy and took less than 10 minutes.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2013.

Getting a research assistant job was a smooth and easy process. My professor in the economics department asked me a few questions about my interests in development economics. After a small discussion, he figured I'd be a good fit, and therefore I took the offer.

Registration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in August 2009.

I was a temporary/seasonal employee of the department from 1988-1990 so my work spoke for itself during my interview process. Usually the job requires an experience working for a University setting with detail to record keeping, familiarity with the Bursar's office that handle all payments. Experience with supervising others.

Interview Questions
    • The job entailed a lot of overtime work during registration periods that could put a serious strain on family/personal life and this schedule was mandatory and expected to either agree/disagree in the interview process.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in September 2008.

The interview started off getting to know the individuals within the group. Then we were given a presentation. Those who qualified were called back to schedule work hours and to which school they wanted to be assigned to. Great opportunity to help people within the community.

Interview Questions
    • Without heading into a career in eduacation, what is your interest to work with the organization?   View Answer
    N/A

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2011.

interview was easy with only HR based questions