NYU (New York University)

www.nyu.edu

2.8

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Aide II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University) in December 2014.

Very rude woman whose current student workers did not follow up. I emded up calling at 9 am to follow up a confirmation for a 2pm call. The Director answered and basically was very nice but when tne rep called she seemed very embarrassed that the Director had delivered the message. Eitjer way she called and spoke plainly and quickly , as though mocking my voice with undertones of protocol almost like a robot. I question if she just called for affirmative action quotas . Very rude.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in October 2014.

I applied online and didn't hear back from HR until almost a year later. I received an email stating that they were setting up interviews and was given days and times that I could come in. I replied back and had an interview a week later.

The day of the interview I came in and had to call the person interviewing me so that someone could come get me by the elevators (who never showed up) but some random person walking past the doors let me in. Once I arrived at the location I was greeted by the receptionist at the desk. She let my interviewer know that i was here and she came out within 5 minutes. She came with a few forms for me to fill out and offered me something to drink. After I filled out my forms I gave them back to the receptionist and went into the office about 2 minutes later. Overall the interview took about 30-45 minutes. It was a very relaxing interview.

After the interview it took about a month before I received a response about the job. I knew it was going to be long before I received a response because I was notified in the beginning of the interview that this would be a long process.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in June 2010.

This process was not difficult at all. It was merely going through my resume/ cv and explaining how I got to that point. I discussed previous research experience and my excitement to work at NYU. It felt more like a directed conversation than like an interview. There was a back and forth of both sides asking questions and giving answers.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. The most difficult, if this can be consider difficult, was, "how does your previous work/ research experience help with the current research project?"   Answer Question

Advance Media Studio(AMS) Rapid Prototyping Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in May 2014.

I sent an email with regards to this open position. I received a prompt response, and an interview was then set up. The staff was quite friendly, and considering this was my first interview, it went pretty well. Not too many difficult questions, just some general questions and clarifications based on what was on my resume. Unfortunately, I didn't get the job since they where looking for a different skill set than what I had to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me a little bit of information about yourself?   View Answer

Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in January 2013.

Skype interview that was competency based and a thorough working through CV of previous experience. Ideas for how to fulfil educator job were asked skilfully and expected to present a range of options about how to approach the role.

Terms were non negotiable as position is grant funded.

Photo Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in June 2012.

Applied online and was contacted within a couple days by email asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was the same weak and lasted approximately 25 minutes. I was asked what relevant experience I had and my schedule and availability. Met directly with the curator of the collection, not a hiring manager, who was easy going and focused on compatibility and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward. Based on availability and past experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in August 2014.

2 interview: with HR and then PI on the same day. Person with HR very nice and professional, asked a lot on questions about background and checked general requirements for this position. Talk about salary (general), position of NYU in science world. PI very possessional, did not asked a lot of question, just went through your resume. Asked about your background, experience and relevance of your previous work to new position.

CLINICAL AIDE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University) in July 2014.

Very unprofessional. I took the time out to do a phone screening than on site interview and didn't even recieve a response. I could have been notified of the position being filled. I do not want to work for a department who is so unprofessional anyway.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NYU (New York University).

First she gave me a call, and spoke with me a little bit. Then, we set up a one on one. It was professional, but also very helpful. She gave me tips on how to best update my resume.

Tisch Production TA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University).

It was an on-campus work study position. I submitted my resume through Wasserman and was able to get an interview fairly quickly after that. I interviewed with the head of the Film & TV equipment operations person and also a supervisor at the department I specifically asked for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about something you created from scratch that you are proud of.   Answer Question