NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

General Consideratiom Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University).

My first general consideration interview went quite well. I landed the interview through an employee referral. The interviewer was sweet and took time to help me edit my resume/CV to their standards. She really liked me and said to email her any time I find a position open so she can contact the people from the other schools as a recommendation. What she did when I actually emailed her was completely disingenuous. She told me she couldn't contact any of the other offices and that I would only be able to work as an administrative aide because even people with their Ph.D couldn't move ahead at NYU (absolute lie).

The second time I scheduled an interview with my college. The interviewer wanted me out of there in no more than 10 minutes. She flat out told that unless I knew someone within the university it was almost impossible for me to get a job.

Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in January 2013.

Skype interview that was competency based and a thorough working through CV of previous experience. Ideas for how to fulfil educator job were asked skilfully and expected to present a range of options about how to approach the role.

Terms were non negotiable as position is grant funded.

Photo Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in June 2012.

Applied online and was contacted within a couple days by email asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was the same weak and lasted approximately 25 minutes. I was asked what relevant experience I had and my schedule and availability. Met directly with the curator of the collection, not a hiring manager, who was easy going and focused on compatibility and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward. Based on availability and past experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in August 2014.

2 interview: with HR and then PI on the same day. Person with HR very nice and professional, asked a lot on questions about background and checked general requirements for this position. Talk about salary (general), position of NYU in science world. PI very possessional, did not asked a lot of question, just went through your resume. Asked about your background, experience and relevance of your previous work to new position.

CLINICAL AIDE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University) in July 2014.

Very unprofessional. I took the time out to do a phone screening than on site interview and didn't even recieve a response. I could have been notified of the position being filled. I do not want to work for a department who is so unprofessional anyway.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NYU (New York University).

First she gave me a call, and spoke with me a little bit. Then, we set up a one on one. It was professional, but also very helpful. She gave me tips on how to best update my resume.

Tisch Production TA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University).

It was an on-campus work study position. I submitted my resume through Wasserman and was able to get an interview fairly quickly after that. I interviewed with the head of the Film & TV equipment operations person and also a supervisor at the department I specifically asked for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about something you created from scratch that you are proud of.   Answer Question

IT Assistance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in August 2013.

Applied via wasserman, set up a time; it was more a conversation than an interview. I didn't hear anything after a week so I emailed back to check up. Half an hour after I emailed him he called me said I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just be confident and seem friendly and interactive. It's an easy job but they want someone who seems like a good spirit and active worker   View Answer
    FLEXIBLE HOURS, shift can be as short as one hour, no negotiation on the salary tho; but it's easy money.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Submit your CV and GRE (TOEFL for international student) through online application system. NYU use Embark application system. Which is very inconvenient. The GSAS will process each application then forward to the each specific department. The department will notify their decision to the GSAS. And the offer letter will be issued to student by GSAS.

Interview Questions
    • Usually No addition interview is needed. So do a good job on your CV and Exam.   Answer Question

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in June 2014.

I was contacted twice for a medical technologist position interview at a private doctors office in brooklyn through nyu. I have 10years experience and would technically be working alone as lead tech.

Interview Questions
    • I asked about instrumentation. Whom I'll be working with. What are the responsibilities related to the facilities. The hiring manager was so sweet and very personable. She just asked me to got through my resume. And what expectations were my salary.   Answer Question

Commute is 1hr 1 way