NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.8

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by several professors within the department. This occurred first by written application which consisted of educational experience, work history, research interests, lab work, and field work. Also asked about prior teaching experience and what you would be interested in teaching. Written application followed up by group and one and one interviews with professors which delved deeper into these questions

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was a general meeting interview,put forward your and previous experiences and in turn get to know the details of the ongoing projects and where you fit in as a GA assisting the PhD students or Labs

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked on , Previous Experiences   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Submitted CV, Skype interview, onsite interview. it was fairly informal. I met the lab and went out for lunch and dinner with various lab members. I got flights and accommodation paid for. I was able to meet other research groups and had a tour of the building.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that will help you in this role   Answer Question

IT Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The position was available at the beginning of the fall 2014 semester. I left my previous job at the athletics department because the pay wasn't all that great. The IT position seemed more mentally stimulating and the salary was slightly better. A friend that was already working there mentioned my name, and about a week after I was contacted by the manager.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I first met with the principal investigator, she pushed HR every day in order to get me to start working there as soon as possible. Unfortunately Hr takes a very long time getting back to people. I waited around 2-3 months until I was officially hired.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

Made me sit in some corner until hiring manager picked me up. Spent 3 minutes with me, and then accompanied me to another guy who was supposed to be some sort of senior in IT (he was a kid almost half my age). Kid bombarded me with all kind of NYU real-life scenarios that naturally I wasn't familiar with, followed by the question "so tell me, what would you have done?". Process lasted about one hour. Never heard back a single word from NYU.

Administrative Outreach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

It was long, confusing and boring. It was mainly, unprofessional. I spent one hour on the phone and another hour and a half in person. People who were hiring seemed very confused. The job wasn't actually that great, but they seemed to be hiring a president. Today, 5 months later, they still haven't hired someone for that position. New York University is something like Department of Motor Vehicles, but in a nicer neighborhood.

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The next day after I applied, I received an email to schedule a phone interview with a representative from Human Resources. The interview was easy and took less than 10 minutes.

Adjunct Professor, Liberal Studies Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Very cordial and relaxed. My two interviewers were great; they asked honest questions, listened attentively, and felt there were no "trick" questions. It helps when you're interviewing for a position you have a real passion for, I suppose, but they allowed my passion to come through. It felt more like a discussion than an interview, and most importantly I felt valued as an educator, as opposed to a *mere* adjunct they had to plunk into their curriculum.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salaries for adjuncts - unless, I suppose, you were a *star* adjunct they were courting - are fixed, and I was more than happy with the offer.

Administrative Aide II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Very rude woman whose current student workers did not follow up. I emded up calling at 9 am to follow up a confirmation for a 2pm call. The Director answered and basically was very nice but when tne rep called she seemed very embarrassed that the Director had delivered the message. Eitjer way she called and spoke plainly and quickly , as though mocking my voice with undertones of protocol almost like a robot. I question if she just called for affirmative action quotas . Very rude.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work there   1 Answer