NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.7

Administrative Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Very simple and straight forward. Met with three people and they asked standard questions. How many years experience do you have. Why do you want to work at NYU. They also asked a few scenario questions about how i would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What is a great difficulty you have faced and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

very quick and good, but they lie in the interview. they will avoid telling you things about the position so you can't really make a good decision to take it or not. It was an easy interview cause the job was bad and no one wanted it.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY).

Interview

There are three stages of the interview process: initial phone screening, first round of interviews, and second round of interview. The initial phone screening with HR rep was unnecessarily hostile and discouraging (since the HR rep knows nothing about the actual nature of the work). The first and second round of interviews were much more open and comfortable.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

The process took about 3 months from first interview to job offer. I met with same person twice and then finally had my interview with HR. I believe people usually interview with HR as part of screening process, but my interview process was done in reverse and meeting with HR person felt like just a technicality.

Stewardship Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview with a representative in HR. The representative was very cold and seemed skeptical of my credentials despite the valid experience I had in the field. It took about 30 minutes and afterwards, she said to email her some stewardship writing samples. I never heard back, but checked the website and it said that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Have you personally written communications with any donors?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Long process, had to go through two Saturdays of four hour long workshops, create a program in your spare time, interview with another RA, go through an interview one on one with a Residence Hall Director or RHAD.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Graduate Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a senior member at the Office of Global Services after I was submitted my application via NYU's CareerNet site. We discussed my resume and past experience and what about the Office of Global Services attracted my attention. The bulk of the interview was dedicated to determining my ability to fulfill responsibilities required of me at the OGS office.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle a busy environment assisting students, answering phones and performing other tasks?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I first got a phone interview, which went well. The interviewer said exactly how long it was going to take, and her expectations about the interview – what she wanted to achieve. Then, I was invited to a personal interview. This time, the first interviewer was with the director of the center, who was less friendly. I perceived from the first moment she didn't like me. Maybe I'm wrong, but there was that impression.

Interview Questions

• "If you were to be in a work team here, what would you bring to the table?"   1 Answer

Associate Director Global Health Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Very general questions Short presentation to demonstrate speaking and power point skills one-on-one interview with the executive director of NYU global division Skills review based on resume total interview process took two days Recommendations requested from two previous employers

Interview Questions

• What was a major problem you faced with project management and how did you resolve the issue? Was your solution successful?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in person interviews. Interviews with HR Mrg & Potential supervisor on same day. Interviews were less than an hour each at the same location. Interviewers were timely with not many canned questions.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you challenged your manager?   1 Answer