NYU (New York University) Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

2.8

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in May 2009.

I was referred by a friend

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYU (New York University).

As a full-time student, I submitted my application on NYU career net but never heard back. So I went the office directly and handed my resume to the director. She contacted couple days later and set up an interview time. The interview lasted for an hour and questions are very general. She is very nice as well.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYU (New York University).

Was interviewed by two people at the same time. Interviewers spent a lot of time explaining their requirements and expectations

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward questions, nothing that I didn't expect. No technical questions.   Answer Question
    Asked me what was my minimum and met it.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in September 2010.

do well in course and get interview or professor reccomendation

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in May 2011.

Interview process had a phone screening and then a half day event with several interviews in a row. A wide range of topics were touched. The interviews were very casual and involved quite a bit of small talk and chatting.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in October 2012.

I had a phone interview with the HR rep who asked basic questions. She advised that the process would take quite some time. I heard from the department director 2 weeks after to schedule an onsite interview.

The onsite interview start with the Director giving a presentation. Then she went through a booklet of behavioral questions categorized by topic (i.e. technical skills, customer focus, etc...).
    This interview lasted approximately 1.5 hours.

I was invited back 1 month later for an interview with the hiring manager (who was recently hired). The interview seemed rush, and I had the impression from the start he had already selected his candidate.

Approximately 2 weeks later I received and email from the hiring manager letting me know I was not selected for the job. He offered to provide any references if I needed for future opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle working with someone who is not pulling their weight on the job?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in January 2012.

I heard about the job through a job posting in a meeting. I emailed them and they answered pretty quickly. I scheduled my interview and they paid for the ticket and lodging. I heard back in 2 weeks and I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • If I had to choose between a hard academic job or a private job   Answer Question
    The salary was not negotiable but I negotiated more vacation days

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in November 2009.

Received an initial call from the hiring manager. Approximately a 30 minute phone interview. At conclusion of call, was informed that I was a candidate for an in person interview. Participated in 2 in-person interviews received offer within 1 week of 2nd interview. Overall it was a relatively relaxed experience and as much of a recruitment effort as an interview. There was a pressing need to fill the position.

Interview Questions
    Minimal negotiation, asked for matching of my current salary. Received.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in October 2011.

I heard from the hiring manager about a week after the I submitted an application to NYC Wagner School of Public Service. The open position was for an Administrative Aid postion in the admissions office. The initial interview was rather pleasant -- it was two staff members and me, talking back and forth about my professional experience. They seemed very interested and

Interview Questions
    • After explaining my passion for working in the field of higher ed and how my qualifications precisely meet their needs -- I was asked to give a 30 pitch on why they should choose me over other candidates. I didn't want to sound repetitive, but it kind of caught me off guard because it was the very last question asked.   Answer Question

Graduate Student and Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in May 2008.

One interview with DGS and other committee members. It took around one hour. They might ask you questions about the publications you submitted with your application.

Interview Questions
    NO negotiation, the terms of the contract where very clear from the beginning.