NYU (New York University)

www.nyu.edu
Profile Unclaimed

NYU (New York University) Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.8

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University).

As a full-time student, I submitted my application on NYU career net but never heard back. So I went the office directly and handed my resume to the director. She contacted couple days later and set up an interview time. The interview lasted for an hour and questions are very general. She is very nice as well.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University).

Was interviewed by two people at the same time. Interviewers spent a lot of time explaining their requirements and expectations

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward questions, nothing that I didn't expect. No technical questions.   Answer Question
    Asked me what was my minimum and met it.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2013.

Getting a research assistant job was a smooth and easy process. My professor in the economics department asked me a few questions about my interests in development economics. After a small discussion, he figured I'd be a good fit, and therefore I took the offer.

MFA of Game Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2013.

The interview took about 50 minutes and covers all aspects of game and game design. Some of the questions were trying to dig out your potential of thinking as a game designer, not a player, and some other questions are about you as a person.

Interview Questions
    • Probably which un-digital game is your favorite and why.   View Answer
    Nothing special.

Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in January 2013.

Skype interview that was competency based and a thorough working through CV of previous experience. Ideas for how to fulfil educator job were asked skilfully and expected to present a range of options about how to approach the role.

Terms were non negotiable as position is grant funded.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in October 2012.

I had a phone interview with the HR rep who asked basic questions. She advised that the process would take quite some time. I heard from the department director 2 weeks after to schedule an onsite interview.

The onsite interview start with the Director giving a presentation. Then she went through a booklet of behavioral questions categorized by topic (i.e. technical skills, customer focus, etc...).
    This interview lasted approximately 1.5 hours.

I was invited back 1 month later for an interview with the hiring manager (who was recently hired). The interview seemed rush, and I had the impression from the start he had already selected his candidate.

Approximately 2 weeks later I received and email from the hiring manager letting me know I was not selected for the job. He offered to provide any references if I needed for future opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle working with someone who is not pulling their weight on the job?   Answer Question

Payroll Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NYU (New York University).

3 interviews with finance, all wonderful.
    Given offer letter by horrid HR department, recinded due to credit check.

Interview Questions
    • Why does your Resume say you graduated in 19XX when you actually graduated one year later?   Answer Question
    • Why did your resume state you had 1500 employees at your previous job when it was actual 1460?   Answer Question

Offer recinded due to credit check. This was AFTER they had already given me an offer letter rather than before. So lucky i hadn't given notice!

Photo Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in June 2012.

Applied online and was contacted within a couple days by email asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was the same weak and lasted approximately 25 minutes. I was asked what relevant experience I had and my schedule and availability. Met directly with the curator of the collection, not a hiring manager, who was easy going and focused on compatibility and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward. Based on availability and past experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Procurement Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2012.

Application was sent in January, heard nothing for 2 months, then suddenly a request for a phone screening interview from HR. I believe this person is a contractor, not a direct employee of NYU. Was told I would hear from Hiring Manager if he was interested, but no time line was available. Never heard anything back, almost 1 month later

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at NYU (New York University) in January 2012.

I heard about the job through a job posting in a meeting. I emailed them and they answered pretty quickly. I scheduled my interview and they paid for the ticket and lodging. I heard back in 2 weeks and I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • If I had to choose between a hard academic job or a private job   Answer Question
    The salary was not negotiable but I negotiated more vacation days