NYU (New York University) Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

2 interview: with HR and then PI on the same day. Person with HR very nice and professional, asked a lot on questions about background and checked general requirements for this position. Talk about salary (general), position of NYU in science world. PI very possessional, did not asked a lot of question, just went through your resume. Asked about your background, experience and relevance of your previous work to new position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NYU (New York University)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Had a brief phone interview followed by in person interview. Took 3 weeks. The interviewer was not very responsive to emails. Took her 2 weeks to reply my email confirming the interview date/time. She scheduled me for an interview, but the night before she emailed me to ask for it to be rescheduled to another day and time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous job role. What do you like about the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Getting a research assistant job was a smooth and easy process. My professor in the economics department asked me a few questions about my interests in development economics. After a small discussion, he figured I'd be a good fit, and therefore I took the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

send your resume to professor's official email ID, have recommendation from somebody they know, if selected, appointment is scheduled, they ask you about your academic grades and experience, any previous job/projects and knowledge about their lab research. They screen for students who might stay longer as they don't have to train again and again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

interview was easy with only HR based questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

I attended a job fair and met with a recruiter. This was where I introduced myself in 3 sentences and explained my interest in their organization and relevant job openings. The recruiter followed up with me the following day and scheduled me for an initial interview the next day. When we met for our formal interview, I completed a typing test and then discussed my long term goals. The recruiter then shuffled thru the available positions and found a research opportunity and called the manager on the spot for an interview. The same day I met with my position supervisor and interviewed with him. I was offered the job the next day and started work the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was already set as it was formerly budgeted for by a grant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

I was referred by a friend

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NYU (New York University) in September 2009.

Interview

The interviewer is the economics professor at NYU Stern. I emailed him to describe my interest in helping him with his research and he just asked me to come over and discuss details. During the interview, he asked me a few questions about my background and my math level. The rest of it was pretty straight forward.