NYU (New York University)

www.nyu.edu

NYU (New York University) Research Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in April 2011.

Interview Details – send your resume to professor's official email ID, have recommendation from somebody they know, if selected, appointment is scheduled, they ask you about your academic grades and experience, any previous job/projects and knowledge about their lab research. They screen for students who might stay longer as they don't have to train again and again.

Interview Question – why you didn't score A's on all classes?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2013.

Interview Details – Getting a research assistant job was a smooth and easy process. My professor in the economics department asked me a few questions about my interests in development economics. After a small discussion, he figured I'd be a good fit, and therefore I took the offer.

Interview Question – Why does development intrigue you?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in November 2009.

Interview Details – I attended a job fair and met with a recruiter. This was where I introduced myself in 3 sentences and explained my interest in their organization and relevant job openings. The recruiter followed up with me the following day and scheduled me for an initial interview the next day. When we met for our formal interview, I completed a typing test and then discussed my long term goals. The recruiter then shuffled thru the available positions and found a research opportunity and called the manager on the spot for an interview. The same day I met with my position supervisor and interviewed with him. I was offered the job the next day and started work the following week.

Interview Question – What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was already set as it was formerly budgeted for by a grant.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2011.

Interview Details – interview was easy with only HR based questions

Interview Question – explain your previous experience with team working?   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interviewer is the economics professor at NYU Stern. I emailed him to describe my interest in helping him with his research and he just asked me to come over and discuss details. During the interview, he asked me a few questions about my background and my math level. The rest of it was pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – Tell me about your background.   Answer Question

Worked for NYU (New York University)? Contribute to the Community!