NYU (New York University)

www.nyu.edu
  www.nyu.edu

NYU (New York University) Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014
Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in August 2014.

2 interview: with HR and then PI on the same day. Person with HR very nice and professional, asked a lot on questions about background and checked general requirements for this position. Talk about salary (general), position of NYU in science world. PI very possessional, did not asked a lot of question, just went through your resume. Asked about your background, experience and relevance of your previous work to new position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NYU (New York University)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2013.

Getting a research assistant job was a smooth and easy process. My professor in the economics department asked me a few questions about my interests in development economics. After a small discussion, he figured I'd be a good fit, and therefore I took the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in April 2011.

send your resume to professor's official email ID, have recommendation from somebody they know, if selected, appointment is scheduled, they ask you about your academic grades and experience, any previous job/projects and knowledge about their lab research. They screen for students who might stay longer as they don't have to train again and again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in March 2011.

interview was easy with only HR based questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in November 2009.

I attended a job fair and met with a recruiter. This was where I introduced myself in 3 sentences and explained my interest in their organization and relevant job openings. The recruiter followed up with me the following day and scheduled me for an initial interview the next day. When we met for our formal interview, I completed a typing test and then discussed my long term goals. The recruiter then shuffled thru the available positions and found a research opportunity and called the manager on the spot for an interview. The same day I met with my position supervisor and interviewed with him. I was offered the job the next day and started work the following week.

Interview Questions
    The salary was already set as it was formerly budgeted for by a grant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in May 2009.

I was referred by a friend

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at NYU (New York University) in September 2009.

The interviewer is the economics professor at NYU Stern. I emailed him to describe my interest in helping him with his research and he just asked me to come over and discuss details. During the interview, he asked me a few questions about my background and my math level. The rest of it was pretty straight forward.