NYU (New York University)
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at NYU (New York University)
- Research Assistant (7)
- Graduate Assistant (5)
- Student (3)
- Director (3)
- Financial Aid Counselor (2)
- Tutor (2)
- Development Associate (2)
- Student Assistant (2)
- Student Employee (2)
- Web Developer (2)
- Intern (2)
- Administrative Aide (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Teaching Assistant (2)
- Office Assistant (2)
- CLINICAL AIDE (2)
- Graduate Student and Adjunct Instructor (2)
- Research Analyst (2)
- Work Study Position (1)
- Bobst Lab Assistant (1)
- Equipment Room and Retail Store (1)
- Climbing Wall Attendant - NYU Palladium Athletic Facility (1)
- Student Employee At NYU Bookstore (1)
- Adjunct Instructor of Writing for International Students (1)
- Student IT Support Technician (1)
- Human Resources Coordinator/Recruiting Assistant (1)
- MFA of Game Design (1)
- Tisch Production TA (1)
- Research Associate (1)
- Resident Assistant (1)
Senior Analyst Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at NYU (New York University) in October 2012.
I had a phone interview with the HR rep who asked basic questions. She advised that the process would take quite some time. I heard from the department director 2 weeks after to schedule an onsite interview.
The onsite interview start with the Director giving a presentation. Then she went through a booklet of behavioral questions categorized by topic (i.e. technical skills, customer focus, etc...).
This interview lasted approximately 1.5 hours.
I was invited back 1 month later for an interview with the hiring manager (who was recently hired). The interview seemed rush, and I had the impression from the start he had already selected his candidate.
Approximately 2 weeks later I received and email from the hiring manager letting me know I was not selected for the job. He offered to provide any references if I needed for future opportunities.
- How do you handle working with someone who is not pulling their weight on the job? Answer Question