Nabors Industries

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nabors Industries in March 2012.

Interview Details – Easy, but slow process. Took several days to hear back after first round of interviews. Took another couple of days to have someone call me back to schedule a second interview. Background check and drug screening had o be completed before first day of employment, which delayed process even further (I almost took another offer during this time).

Negotiation Details – Quick. Over the phone. Had to negotiate vacation time since the standard offered is poor. Standard is 2 weeks which is non competitive in this day and age.

Condensate Truck Driver Interview

Condensate Truck Driver
George West, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nabors Industries in April 2012.

Interview Details – Speedy getting you in there. Confusing about pay because what they tell you & what your check stub reads is totally different. Half the time they can't even explain it to you

Interview Question – Most common question is "why Nabors?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None they offer a little higher compensation than most so usually everyone accepts

Employment Coordinator Interview

Employment Coordinator
Midland, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nabors Industries in December 2012.

Interview Details – An initial telephone meet and greet. A second telephone interview, still with the recruiter, but more in-depth about work experience, computer programs that I have used, etc. The three phone contacts were then followed up with an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – The three pre-employment assessments, which left me cold because I had not been forewarned. One was a psychological assessment, then a math skills test, the last was a spelling/grammar test.   View Answer

Vacuum Truck Driver Interview

Vacuum Truck Driver
Nacogdoches, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Nabors Industries in May 2011.

Interview Details – Would be good to have your tanker license and CDL w/hazmat endorsement.

Interview Question – Why do you want to quit your previously employment   View Answer

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nabors Industries in October 2011.

Interview Details – What are you expecting out of this job?

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nabors Industries in January 2008.

Interview Details – Straight forward. Recruiter described setting as is...no surprises, was more of an interview to see if they just lilked you, not really skill set.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you could benefit from continuing education....none ever offered.   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Usually not negotiable. Sign on bonus may be.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nabors Industries in November 2007.

Interview Details – I had one interview in person with the hiring manager at an offsite location. He met me offsite during lunch since I was currently working. I received a call saying that I was chosen for the positon about a week after I had my interview.
About a week after that I went to the office for the drug screen, background check authorization, and skills tests. I was given tests for math and grammar.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Human Resources Administrator
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Nabors Industries in December 2011.

Interview Details – hierarchy interview, they were checking the confidence level, communication skill thewy were giving high value to the education level

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Nabors Industries in March 2011.

Interview Details – Very nice and laid back interview. The managers care about their department and they are incredibly nice. Just behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Why Nabors   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Administration

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Nabors Industries in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was a mixed bag. The first two people with whom I interviewed had experience in my functional area had considerable experience with the company and with my functional expertise. My eventual boss did not. Good, salt-of-the-earth people for the most part. Work culture is pretty much a one-way street, not a partnership or contract type of culture. The company pays you, so they treat the relationship as more of a superior/"we own you" relationship than a partnering relationship.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be firm and they will pretty much pony up, but that is probably because they consider everyone expendable and interchangeable and know they can adjust the salary structure at any time by plugging someone else into the job.

Worked for Nabors Industries? Contribute to the Community!