Nabors Industries Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.7

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very to the point, informative and friendly. My hiring manager was very friendly and made me feel welcomed to the work environment; I knew right away that I was going to get the job.

Interview Questions

• What's your intended career path if you were to accept this position?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

After applying for the Entry-Level Mechanical Engineering position, they flew me down to Houston to let me know they would not be hiring after the drop in oil prices. They were very frank during the interview, with very little BS HR related questions. They were adamant about knowing why I wanted to work for Nabors.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nabors Industries in June 2014.

Interview

My interview at Nabors was a panel interview which included five managers. Initially I was told there would be one or two hiring managers in the interview and I was surprised to see all five managers sitting around the conference table. At first it seemed like an interrogation, but I just rolled with it and it was a positive experience.

Floorhand Interview

Interview

Put in an app got the job

Stimulation Equipment Operator/Frac Hand Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Rapid City, SD) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring event was held in my home town. Hiring managers from multiple departments as well as human resources representatives on site. Met and interviewed with trucking, mechanics, and frac. I apparently need to add some more words here so I'll do that now and hopefully be allowed to submit.

Interview Questions

• CDL is a must, tanker and hazmat are preferred. can you work outside, swing a sledge hammer, lift and carry 100lbs? Work rotating schedule, two weeks on, one week off, also rotates days/nights? Paid training is provided, ten days I think. Many good people but also a few nuts. Rough industry but worth it for me. Not great for a family man, lots of divorce   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be positive and honest

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

About one day with 4 people. Standard questions. Interview people in several different disciplines in the company. HR, and IT Domain. Others we non related and didn't seem to make sense.

Interview Questions

• What are some my strengths   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty much one-sided, take it or leave it salary offer

Employment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Midland, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

An initial telephone meet and greet. A second telephone interview, still with the recruiter, but more in-depth about work experience, computer programs that I have used, etc. The three phone contacts were then followed up with an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The three pre-employment assessments, which left me cold because I had not been forewarned. One was a psychological assessment, then a math skills test, the last was a spelling/grammar test.   3 Answers

Condensate Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in George West, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (George West, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Speedy getting you in there. Confusing about pay because what they tell you & what your check stub reads is totally different. Half the time they can't even explain it to you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None they offer a little higher compensation than most so usually everyone accepts

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Easy, but slow process. Took several days to hear back after first round of interviews. Took another couple of days to have someone call me back to schedule a second interview. Background check and drug screening had o be completed before first day of employment, which delayed process even further (I almost took another offer during this time).

Negotiation

Quick. Over the phone. Had to negotiate vacation time since the standard offered is poor. Standard is 2 weeks which is non competitive in this day and age.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nabors Industries in January 2012.

Interview

Straightforward and basic interview. Very in depth explaining the job and the duties the position would entail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to step in and train   Answer Question