Nabors Industries Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.6

Floorhand Interview

Interview

Put in an app got the job

Stimulation Equipment Operator/Frac Hand Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nabors Industries (Rapid City, SD) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring event was held in my home town. Hiring managers from multiple departments as well as human resources representatives on site. Met and interviewed with trucking, mechanics, and frac. I apparently need to add some more words here so I'll do that now and hopefully be allowed to submit.

Interview Questions

• CDL is a must, tanker and hazmat are preferred. can you work outside, swing a sledge hammer, lift and carry 100lbs? Work rotating schedule, two weeks on, one week off, also rotates days/nights? Paid training is provided, ten days I think. Many good people but also a few nuts. Rough industry but worth it for me. Not great for a family man, lots of divorce   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be positive and honest

Employment Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nabors Industries (Midland, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

An initial telephone meet and greet. A second telephone interview, still with the recruiter, but more in-depth about work experience, computer programs that I have used, etc. The three phone contacts were then followed up with an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The three pre-employment assessments, which left me cold because I had not been forewarned. One was a psychological assessment, then a math skills test, the last was a spelling/grammar test.   1 Answer

Condensate Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nabors Industries (George West, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Speedy getting you in there. Confusing about pay because what they tell you & what your check stub reads is totally different. Half the time they can't even explain it to you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None they offer a little higher compensation than most so usually everyone accepts

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Easy, but slow process. Took several days to hear back after first round of interviews. Took another couple of days to have someone call me back to schedule a second interview. Background check and drug screening had o be completed before first day of employment, which delayed process even further (I almost took another offer during this time).

Negotiation

Quick. Over the phone. Had to negotiate vacation time since the standard offered is poor. Standard is 2 weeks which is non competitive in this day and age.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Nabors Industries in January 2012.

Interview

Straightforward and basic interview. Very in depth explaining the job and the duties the position would entail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to step in and train   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

What are you expecting out of this job?

Vacuum Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nabors Industries (Nacogdoches, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Would be good to have your tanker license and CDL w/hazmat endorsement.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to quit your previously employment   1 Answer

Negotiation

Bids and Contracts Coordinator At Business Development and Contracts Department Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nabors Industries in January 2011.

Interview

The process was quick and smooth, I was hired within a week and started working in two weeks or so. They flew me from another city for an interview, which took about one hour, discussed salary. The next day I got a call from HR saying that I was hired.

Negotiation

I accepted the offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nabors Industries (Houston, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

Straight forward. Recruiter described setting as is...no surprises, was more of an interview to see if they just lilked you, not really skill set.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you could benefit from continuing education....none ever offered.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Usually not negotiable. Sign on bonus may be.